Waterstone Mortgage Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 13 of over 13 interviews

2.2
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Waterstone Mortgage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waterstone Mortgage (Phoenix, AZ) in Dec 2020

Interview

It was quite odd lots of questions from two different people . Didn’t know who to answer first . I was bombarded with questions . Some irrelevant to the position.

Interview Questions
  • Do you love this position ? Why do you like working for the mortgage company?
    1 Answer

Waterstone Mortgage

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Waterstone Mortgage

Interview

30 minute phone screen with pretty basic questions. Interviewer seemed completely uninterested in my responses - totally scripted with no conversation. She never bothered to follow up to let me know I wasn't selected for the next step.

Interview Questions
  • What was a recent challenge you faced and would you respond differently if you faced it again?
  • In what areas do you have the most knowledge?

The latest conversations about Finance

JPMorgan Chase

87 Comments

Join the conversation on

Waterstone Mortgage

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waterstone Mortgage

Interview

The process took about 2-3 weeks. I applied online and had a phone interview a few days later. I had 2 in person interviews in the next two weeks. First one was with 3 individuals, second one was with 2 individuals (one from the first interview and then the VP). Very nice people and they were all easy to talk to. Interview questions went over my background and previous experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Waterstone Mortgage (Chicago, IL) in Aug 2017

Interview

Started off as standard. A recruiter approached me on LinkedIn. I did an initial phone interview on the phone with the recruiter. I didn't hear anything for a week or so and I reached out the recruiter and she informed that they had decided to not fill the roll. It was a little bit of a red flag I had to reach out for that update. Any way flash forward 3 weeks and she reaches back and out and tells me they changed their mind and they'd like to schedule an in person interview. I go in for the interview and I met with 3 staff members. The first two people were more interested in bragging about themselves then learning about me as a candidate. They also liked to trash on my previous employers and said several things about past employers that were down right false (they didn't really enjoy when I pointed this out). I had mentioned in the interview that I actually liked my past employers so it's a little bizarre to trash another company without reason. The third interviewer was a part of their training team and they were in office, because they were short staffed. She was nice, but she had a ton of processing questions to gauge my knowledge. I was fine with this and I had been upfront about my experience and knowledge. In the interview it was alluded to that I didn't have enough experience which is odd, because they had full access to my resume and knew this upfront. A couple of days later I got the generic e-mail stating they were pursuing other candidates. To top if off the same recruiter that I spoke with originally messaged me on LinkedIn the very same day to see if I had interest in setting up an interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Waterstone Mortgage

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waterstone Mortgage

Interview

A couple hours after I applied I was asked to set up a phone interview. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and it seemed very standard. Said they would get back to me before the week was over and I never heard anything.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Pewaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waterstone Mortgage (Pewaukee, WI) in Oct 2016

Interview

The interview process was as expected. The phone interview covered basic culture and the recruiter answered my questions. When I first arrived for the in-person interview a couple days later, I was warmly welcomed by the front desk staff and was checked in quickly. The in-person interview (which started on time) was with the hiring manager and SVP (both very personable, and easy to talk to), and was very conversational. I was asked to provide my background and was given a brief explanation of the perks and benefits of being employed at Waterstone Mortgage. The interview only lasted about 35 minutes, but I walked out feeling confident and received an offer call within the hour.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Waterstone Mortgage

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waterstone Mortgage in May 2016

Interview

They reached out to me after sending my resume. They scheduled a phone interview and said they would contact me the following day or 2 to set-up a face to face. I never heard back from them. After about 6 days, I called back to follow-up and see if they went a different route or what the status was on the position. They never returned my call.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Waterstone Mortgage

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Waterstone Mortgage in May 2016

Interview

I applied for the job and then maybe a week later I received a call to set up a phone interview. The lady I talked to about that was very nice. The next day I had the phone interview and it was short, lasted about 10 minutes. The person I interviewed with was very brief, almost sounded disinterested. She said she would pass along my resume and get back to me the next day. I didn't hear back for like a week, so I emailed them, just to check up on the process, and never received a reply.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Waterstone Mortgage (Minnetonka, MN) in Jun 2015

Interview

The branch manager was busy texting and when she did address me, she appeared condescending and hostile. I didn't like her at all. The 2 subordinates actually interviewed me. The interview was very awkward and unprofessional and I didn't think I'd get the position.

Interview Questions
  • How many times did you call in sick in the last year?
  • How do you feel about swearing and profanity in the office (because I like to swear)?

Waterstone Mortgage

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waterstone Mortgage in Nov 2014

Interview

I was contacted, through LinkedIn, right after applying. The recruiter wanted to meet for coffee off site. I was taken by surprise considering we had not had a phone call or any conversation to determine a mutual interest. Instead I went on site for a quick and informal interview. I was sent all of the paperwork and application and told I would be called to set up another interview with the hiring manager. I completed the paperwork and waited for about 10 days. I had not heard back from Waterstone so I reached out for a status check. Again, I was informed I would be contacted shortly to set up an interview. I waited and never heard back from anyone again.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Interviews