Wayne Fueling Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.3

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wayne Fueling Systems (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I received a call from a member of technical team after submitting my resume to human resources. After a brief conversation about my resume, a technical interview was scheduled. The technical interview consisted of a conversation with four members of the development team. Generally they were very nice and supportive during the interview process. I was unprepared, for a variety of reasons, and cannot fault Wayne's interview process for my lack of success in the interview. I experienced a comedy of errors on my part, and it was my first interview experience in over 18 years. I notified the interviewers shortly after the interview that I appreciated their time, and was sorry that I was unprepared. I requested a re-interview in the future. It took the interviewers several days to get back to me.

Interview Questions

• Technical interview began immediately with programming questions. Write a program to find the second largest integer in an array while describing what you are doing.   1 Answer
    • List OOP Design Patterns and give examples of their usage.   Answer Question
    • Describe process used in design of your last project.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wayne Fueling Systems (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Informal conversational style to assess back ground, interests and company fit. It is a hands on business where everyones contribution is expected and welcomed. Networking and knowing which subject matter to ask for guidance is key. Everyone is very helpful and extremely busy.

Interview Questions

• What benefit can you bring to our business   1 Answer

SST Tester Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wayne Fueling Systems.

Interview

Interviewed with manager. The job followed how the manger described it.

Negotiation

Professional

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wayne Fueling Systems in March 2013.

Interview

Applied through Kelly services. They did background check and drug test. I was hired as a w2 contract. I was hired permanent after 4 month. I spoke with the recruiter only and the hiring process was very easy and quick. They didn't recognize and process me to a computer/ engineering type of position because I wasn't graduated yet. They didn't want interns. I got my safety classes and training.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayne Fueling Systems (Austin, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

I was referred by my friend who was working there. Initially I was contacted by the HR people, then they scheduled an on-site interview. I was interviewed by five software engineers in the team then the manager, second line manager and the HR manager introducing some benefit details. They didn't ask tough questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wayne Fueling Systems (Austin, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview with manager with a set number of questions. The questions varied as to skills and what if's. The most disturbing question was asking if I would be able to get a corporate American Express.

Interview Questions

• Can you get an American Express Corporate card.   2 Answers

Field Support Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wayne Fueling Systems (Austin, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

They basically just ask you about networking and POS questions. They want to make sure you can troubleshoot issues on your own without having to ask a question about ever phone call.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about networking   1 Answer

Intermediate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wayne Fueling Systems (Austin, TX) in August 2008.

Interview

Campus Visit then Phone Interview for > 1hr and finally Face 2 Face

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Direct no change