Wayne State Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Wayne State

2.6

Community Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Each stage of the Interview Process moved up the management hierarchy for Residential Housing department of the University. The department places emphasis on a full commitment to the job. One common requirement for the job is to be available 24 hours for a certain amount of time (i.e. one week).

Interview Questions

• What's an example of conflict resolution you have had to mediate?   Answer Question

Peer Mentor Interview

Interview

not bad, no STAR type questions, WSU now has background checks

Interview Questions

• there are no difficult questions or unexpected questions if you have experience   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

Very straight to the point questions during the interview. The interviewer was a senior application analyst that worked for the IT department . Overall the interview experience was very positive .

Assistant Interview

Interview

Pretty laid back. Just a couple of quick emails to schedule, then I showed up and answered some basic questions. It didn't take longer than 20 minutes and they told me right away that the job was mine if I wanted it.

Accreditation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI).

Interview

I had two interviews. The first was with the direct supervisor, who showed me around the school and we had a chance to talk about the job, what they were looking for and my qualifications. The second was with a dean and another administrator which was more of a formal interview. I was offered the position not too long after that.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach the a problem (which they specified)   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

I was contacted by email a few days after I put in my application and then had a quick phone interview where I was asked about my education and professional background. I set up an in person interview and spoke with human resources about how I handle difficult situations and why I thought I would be a good fit. I then had a computer test with basic math questions. The next day I had a final interview with the doctor I would be working directly for.

Interview Questions

• Do you watch the clock and wait for your shift to be over?   1 Answer

The doctor I would have been working for said he didn't like schedules and I would have to be willing to work later than the 12-8 schedule at a moments notice.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in March 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of three individuals. All of them were very nice. The interview lasted about one hour, but the time went quickly. It was very conversational, and they encouraged me to ask questions as well. I would encourage you to dress in a suit, regardless of the position. I would also encourage you to be early, and have multiple copies of your resume available, in case the interviewers were not provided with them.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in January 2011.

Interview

Applied for the position and HR representative called me immediately after. The interview was set up and was an easy process. I got the job offer. This was not a difficult interview process and everything was clearly explained and understood.

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied Financial Analysis, FIN 5000, was a new course being introduced to the university and after two semester of student feedback Teaching Assistants were needed in order to help out. The professor approached me for the position and offered me a role to assist him with the class. The only way to actually get the position is to be straightforward and show that you have the skills and what it takes to be able to manage in a such a position. After getting accepted you need to have a background check done with the university, and then you'll be all set for the job.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified to be a TA for this vacant position?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

Email contact with supervisor and in contact person interview. After one week again have a small session about the potential research and outcome. Finally got the offer by email and then a hard copy. I would say it's up to the professor.