Welch's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 7, 2017

2.9

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Welch's (Concord, MA).

Interview

applied online. Initial phone interview with HR, then 2 in person interviews with HR and hiring manager and team members. Process took about 2 months. Behaviorial questions, examples of work history.

Sales Planning Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Welch's (Concord, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online in Nov 2016 and was contacted by an external recruiter for a quick phone screen in early Jan 2017. He then scheduled a phone interview with the HR manager and the hiring manager. They then arranged for me to travel up to their HQ in Concord for back-to-back interviews with key stakeholders over half a day. Interviews themselves were friendly chats with people who were genuinely interested in learning about my skills and sharing their thoughts on the company and role.
    The travel arrangements and subsequent expense formalities were smoothly handled.

Interview Questions

• Which was the best company you have worked for and why? Which was the worst?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Welch's (Concord, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Too long, too many people involved. It's a very long drawn out process that could be handled much more efficiently. You meet with everyone that you might come in contact with at a cross functional level. Most people conducting the interview didn't even know why they were asked to interview. They didn't have specific questions. The process could be streamlined.

Interview Questions

• Why am I leaving my current job.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Welch's.

Interview

The total interview took about 4 hours with several people. Interviewed with HR representative, the employee being replaced, the head of the department, and several the managers in the department. I was given a tour of the facility and the data center. I was given a skills test on the computer programs currently in use at the company.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Welch's (Concord, MA) in November 2011.

Interview

Very casual and straight to the point. Since it was an employee referral from a long term employee, the interview was very smooth and met with a minimum number of management personnel.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Welch's (Concord, MA) in May 2009.

Interview

Three separate days of interviews meeting all levels of finance staff and management. Although the questions were all very good and pertinent, I'm not sure that every member of the finance staff needs to interview and approve a lower level finance manager.

Interview Questions

• The usual: What are your strengths, what are you weaknesses, what is your best accomplishments?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate an additional week vacation and a starting bonus of 3% of my annual salary.

Sales Team Leader Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Welch's in April 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 6 Welch's associates during the process. Initial interviews were local and then was flown to Boston to visit their offices and sit with peer associates and Human Resources. The office was pretty small based on the size of the company and was very empty due to the recent reorganization and reduction of staff in Concord, MA.

Lots of prepared, canned questions. Not as much conversation as I am used too. Was more concerned with process than content. Everyone I spoke to seemed very bored. Very little passion or excitement.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style?   1 Answer
    • How do you work with Brokers?   1 Answer