Welocalize Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 20, 2017

2.4

Media Reviewer-Linguistic Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Welocalize (San Jose, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview itself was easy, because it all comes down to the native language test that I was given in Excel format. Via Skype they explain you very well what to do watch out for. You return the test and after you pass, you will have another call to prepare you for the on-site test. Once you pass that as well you are invited to a 3 day trial. If all goes well you will be officially hired if they have current positions open.

Interview Questions

• What is your fluency in the foreign language? Have you done translations before?   1 Answer

Original Content Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Welocalize (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

At first the interview was going well, but later on I found out the HR representative was not very good at his/her job and needed constant reminder (more than once) to send me fines and update on the progress, which I think turned her off.

Interview Questions

• Basic background and capability of performing the job   1 Answer

Lingistic Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Welocalize (San Jose, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

There wasn't much of an interview, just a quick phone call of my background. Employment history, educational background, and different languages I speak were inquired upon. The entire process was very quick and simple.

Interview Questions

• What is your educational background?
      How many languages do you speak?
      What is your employment history?   Answer Question

Linguistic QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Welocalize (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

the questions where the same that i had already answered in the questionnaire. the interviewer then prepared me for the online translation quiz which was the next step in the hiring process.

Map Quality Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Welocalize in April 2017.

Interview

I've received a call after 5 months since I've applied for this position, which was weird. The interviewer expressed an strong interest in my background but very Informal and unprofessional . He sent me an email with a difficult questionnaire to fulfill. You'll have 48 hours to complete the whole exam.

Interview Questions

• Email with a difficult questionnaire to fulfill. You'll have 48 hours to complete the whole exam. First you have to read a 178 pages guideline before answering 20 theoretical and 50 practical questions. You need a 70% score to pass and get a Skype interview. There is not a second opportunity if you fail.   Answer Question

Localization QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Welocalize (San Jose, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn, a couple of days after got contacted by a recruiter. Had an Skype interview, followed by a test. The recruiter told me she would contact me to inform me about the test results. That never happened and it's been three weeks. I'm still waiting.

Interview Questions

• What is my background and experience working in the field   Answer Question

Linguist Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Welocalize (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

I applied this position online and received a phone call the next day. The recruiter scheduled a Skype interview with me, which is pretty simple. After this process, I did a task that are composed of proofreading, translating, and free writing. I waited for another week to wait for the result and they notify me to have an onsite interview.

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Welocalize (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Before the phone interview, I had to fill out a questionnaire about my language skills and IT skills. During the phone interview, the interviewer mainly told about the position and didn't ask a lot of questions. After the phone call, I had to make a test at home. After successfully completing it, I was invited to do an assessment onsite. During the process, the interviewers were nice and they were happy to answer any questions.

Linguistic Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Welocalize (Fremont, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very easy process as long as you are a native speaker of the desired language. I applied via LinkedIn and received an email days later to do an online task. It was really just answering a simple question in my language to see my language skill. Then I received call from their language manager. We chatted casually so that she could have an idea about my oral language skill as well. Then I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non-negotiable.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Welocalize.

Interview

There is an assignment you have to finish and an on site, first day exam over the material. Skype interview with the recruiter. Assignment is testing basic internet skills and reading comprehension. If you know how to Google something it will be a breeze, takes a few hours to complete.

Interview Questions

• How fluent are you with MacOS
      How fluent are you with the language you are being hired for   Answer Question