Welocalize Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 23, 2018

2.3

Sort:

Language Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Welocalize.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via email and had a brief phone call the same day. The interview took about 15-20 minutes. After the interview I submitted a short writing sample in my native language. The next step was a phone call to further evaluate my native language skills. Both interviews were pleasant and very straightforward - no behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up to date with language and culture abroad?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Welocalize.

Interview

Phone interview, then interview in person. Two weeks later they will let you know if you're selected or not. Small company but seems to let people go easily. When they are letting someone go, they will have you train that person.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Welocalize (Cupertino, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

With WELOCALIZE Rep, it was very professional yet very pleasant, and it went very smoothly.

Interview Questions

• During the group interview that I was in at the client's site, one of the interviewers told me to tell the group how old I was when I came to the U.S. to live and how long I have lived. As I was the oldest in that group, I was both stunned and upset a little. But I maintained myself cool and lived through it. But they need to learn that asking candidate's age is against the law.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy and quick.

Localization Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Welocalize (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

A recruiter found me on the Internet. She was really friendly and helpful. I had a positive experience during the process. Although I didn't get the position I think the company is very good.

Localization Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Welocalize (Cupertino, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Test at home for your native language, this one is easy, you have three days for doing it and if you pass it you will go to the client's site where you will have another test. This one is more complicated since you will have to be consistent with the terminology and careful about mistakes in your language.

Interview Questions

• Test about your native language, the most important part is the terminology used, the consistency all across the text that they give you and the attention to detail, since there will be small mistakes that you will need to fix. It is an easy interview if you follow all these tips.   Answer Question

Localization Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Welocalize (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The process is very slow, not recommended if you're in a hurry to pay the bills. It consist on a phone screening done by a recruiter, then a homework, finally you get to go to the workplace for one day and you are reevaluated. Once you pass this three stages you can start. If you change project you have to do the in person evaluation again. The in person interview is paid.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Welocalize (Portland, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

Recruiter from Seattle area, for a contract-to-hire job. Talked to the boss in Portland he was fine, seemed to think I might fit. THEN scheduled me to come in and "work" for half a day (without using the recruiter, which would be expected) THEN I experienced my worst job-related day ever as the horrible mean-spritied QA guy made me squirm as much as possible as he expected me to know a bunch of stuff that I didn't. I wanted to physically assault him and the boss. I certainly hope he experiences nothing but pain. They suck for doing this and so does the evil, slimy recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Do you know Virtual Machines?   1 Answer

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Welocalize (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Before the phone interview, I had to fill out a questionnaire about my language skills and IT skills. During the phone interview, the interviewer mainly told about the position and didn't ask a lot of questions. After the phone call, I had to make a test at home. After successfully completing it, I was invited to do an assessment onsite. During the process, the interviewers were nice and they were happy to answer any questions.

QC Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Welocalize.

Interview

Slow, and very time consuming. Depending on where you interview I feel like interviews can be very informal or professional but mine was very informal and very misleading. They told me they would set up my office and call but... no call.

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Welocalize (Portland, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very easy and straightforward! I submitted my application via email and was asked to come in for an interview. I received word once they made their final decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to solve a problem for a project you were following.   Answer Question