Welocalize Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Welocalize Interview Questions

Interviews at Welocalize

2.2

Contractor Interview

Interview

average, straight forward, professional, feedbacks, video call, and phone call. You will speak with 2 people and do and do a test from home to be completed in 2 days.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Welocalize.

Interview

Phone interview, then interview in person. Two weeks later they will let you know if you're selected or not. Small company but seems to let people go easily. When they are letting someone go, they will have you train that person.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Welocalize (Cupertino, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

With WELOCALIZE Rep, it was very professional yet very pleasant, and it went very smoothly.

Interview Questions

• During the group interview that I was in at the client's site, one of the interviewers told me to tell the group how old I was when I came to the U.S. to live and how long I have lived. As I was the oldest in that group, I was both stunned and upset a little. But I maintained myself cool and lived through it. But they need to learn that asking candidate's age is against the law.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy and quick.

Localization Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Welocalize (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

A recruiter found me on the Internet. She was really friendly and helpful. I had a positive experience during the process. Although I didn't get the position I think the company is very good.

Localization Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Welocalize (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The process is very slow, not recommended if you're in a hurry to pay the bills. It consist on a phone screening done by a recruiter, then a homework, finally you get to go to the workplace for one day and you are reevaluated. Once you pass this three stages you can start. If you change project you have to do the in person evaluation again. The in person interview is paid.

Localization Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Welocalize in December 2018.

Interview

A questionnaire/form first after the submission of the application. It is then followed by a phone screening about general questions about the experience in the language. After the phone call, there is an emailed a translation test. If the prescreening of the test is okay, then they finally set up your onsite test.

Interview Questions

• What's your relationship with the target language and how many years? Any experience in localization?   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Welocalize in June 2018.

Interview

One recruiter mailed me about a position on software engineer. We talked and she told me software engineer position was not available, and offered some other positions I choosed the computational linguist. But at the end another recruiter talked to me and told me I applied for software qa engineer. I've gone through one interview by recruiter, written a paragraph to prove my written language skills, another phone interview to prove my verbal language skills, and the whole interview is in another language for another language skill assessment. I believed that I failed the interview for SOFTWARE QA ENGINEER, because I'm not localized enough, they require a person that can not only speak/write, also have to know the local culture.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Welocalize (Portland, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

Recruiter from Seattle area, for a contract-to-hire job. Talked to the boss in Portland he was fine, seemed to think I might fit. THEN scheduled me to come in and "work" for half a day (without using the recruiter, which would be expected) THEN I experienced my worst job-related day ever as the horrible mean-spritied QA guy made me squirm as much as possible as he expected me to know a bunch of stuff that I didn't. I wanted to physically assault him and the boss. I certainly hope he experiences nothing but pain. They suck for doing this and so does the evil, slimy recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Do you know Virtual Machines?   1 Answer

QA Tester Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Welocalize.

Interview

The recruiter who reached out LinkedIn was very friendly and explained the process very well; it was a part-time QA Tester position for a client. I had a Skype interview with her and a manager in the department and I was given a 4 hour test on translating strings.

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Welocalize (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Before the phone interview, I had to fill out a questionnaire about my language skills and IT skills. During the phone interview, the interviewer mainly told about the position and didn't ask a lot of questions. After the phone call, I had to make a test at home. After successfully completing it, I was invited to do an assessment onsite. During the process, the interviewers were nice and they were happy to answer any questions.