Welocalize Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Welocalize Interview Questions

Updated Jan 28, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Welocalize (Fremont, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very easy process as long as you are a native speaker of the desired language. I applied via LinkedIn and received an email days later to do an online task. It was really just answering a simple question in my language to see my language skill. Then I received call from their language manager. We chatted casually so that she could have an idea about my oral language skill as well. Then I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non-negotiable.

Maps Quality Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Welocalize.

Interview

There is an assignment you have to finish and an on site, first day exam over the material. Skype interview with the recruiter. Assignment is testing basic internet skills and reading comprehension. If you know how to Google something it will be a breeze, takes a few hours to complete.

Interview Questions

• How fluent are you with MacOS
      How fluent are you with the language you are being hired for
      Answer Question

Language Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Welocalize.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via email and had a brief phone call the same day. The interview took about 15-20 minutes. After the interview I submitted a short writing sample in my native language. The next step was a phone call to further evaluate my native language skills. Both interviews were pleasant and very straightforward - no behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up to date with language and culture abroad?   Answer Question

Linguistic Tester Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Welocalize.

Interview

I applied online on their website. I was contacted within a few days to schedule a phone interview. Before the interview, I was asked to fill out a simple questionnaire about myself.
    The phone call was very relaxed. The recruiter answered all my questions about hours, salary, benefits.
    Next step was to pass a language test that included proofreading, translating, editing, and composing.
    The last step, if the client asks for it, is to go onsite for a morning try out.

Interview Questions

• Are you a native speaker? How good are you in -your language- ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Welocalize (Cupertino, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

first there was a skype session, then a home test, followed byvanother skype session. After passing those I was invited to go for an on-site test morning (3,5 hours) and the week after a training of 3 days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Welocalize (Cupertino, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process for this position is unusual. First, you'll get called by a recruiter. Be prepared for a very lengthy sales pitch. Most of the information given in the initial call is excessive. The recruiter shows you a few things during the call and asks you to correct them. Then after that, you get sent an NDA and a linguistic test in various Excel documents. The instructions are vague, misleading and unclear. If you ask for more instructions or clarity, you'll get a canned response from the recruiter. You basically have to get a passing grade on the test in order to move on to the next step, which is a paid try-out day on-site at the client. I found the process to be very frustrating and wouldn't recommend it to others.

Interview Questions

• No real specific interview questions to speak of. It's more of a sales pitch.   Answer Question

Linguistic QA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Welocalize in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a response the next day and a questionnaire to fill out. Scheduled a phone interview and did a test on the spot. No clear instructions were given, I wish they had been more specific with what I needed to do.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Welocalize.

Interview

Had first 2 interviews with Apple Production Designers and then they said I would get a call from WeLocalize to be notified if I got the job. Needless to say I was a bit surprised when the WeLocalize HR Manager called and finally said, "you will be a WeLocalize employee, not an Apple employee". They wanted my final answer to the job offer on the phone which was caught me off guard as well.

Localization Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Welocalize (Cupertino, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter after submitting Resume. Received the Pre-test(Excel File) and waiting for the review. Go to the site for another try out and if you make it, you will be hired by the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Welocalize (Cupertino, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process is quite straightforward. First, you will have to complete two homework in excel form home, then you will be invited for a tryout day where there will be similar exercise to complete throughout the day. Meantime, you will receive tons of emails with documents to sign-up (NDA etc etc) ed info regarding the job position.
    Your tryout day(s) will be paid, along with a milage reimbursement for the commuting.

Interview Questions

• There really aren't face-to-face questions. Just to complete tasks at the computer.   Answer Question