WesTech Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at WesTech Engineering

2.8

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WesTech Engineering (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I met with two people. A group leader and another engineer. They had me take a wonderlick test before coming in for the interview. They just wanted to get to know me and my interests.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WesTech Engineering (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I went in and first met with someone from HR who had me take a logic exam. I then met with a couple of people in the department I would've worked with. The interview went great with a lot of questions between us. I got a good sense of what it would be like to work with them.

The issues I had came after the interview. I was told to wait a week or two to see if I would go ahead and meet with the department manager. That's a long time to wait and see if I would meet with a middle manager. About 9 days after my interview, I got a phone call from someone at the company asking me to verify my references. I called him back immediately and left him a voicemail verifying their contact information. No followup from him for a day. I followed up with one of my references and he told me someone at the company called him, but they abruptly hung up. He called back only to get an "out of office/on vacation" voicemail greeting.

The impression I got from this company is they operate in an old-school way and it shows in their hiring process. They had my LinkedIn page where I had plenty of connections and skills endorsements. The awkward/lengthy references process is outdated and that's probably what didn't get me the position. I'm fine with that because the company culture seemed to cater to the older and middle-aged white male.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at WesTech Engineering (South Jordan, UT) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process took a bit longer than usual, about 5 weeks and I had to follow up once a week to get any responses. However, the interviews themselves were well constructed and I felt welcome and it was a great atmosphere.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WesTech Engineering (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2012.

Interview

Initial interview was a one-on-one with an HR person, which also included a written technical aptitude test and the Wonderlic test. Second interview was two separate one-on-one interviews with a group leader. Be prepared to move this interview along yourself, because neither one had anything prepared. The third interview was a one-on-one with a unit leader, who had prepared questions and took notes. WesTech projected a positive and professional image throughout the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for a few open ended questions like 'tell me about a time when...'   Answer Question

Negotiation

I offered to come into the office to negotiate the offer face-to-face. They declined, so I made a counter offer over the phone. They called me back with a slightly higher offer than their original, and I accepted.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Took two assessments, asked very basic questions. HR employees were very knowledgeable and easy to talk to. Seems like a very good company to work for. Happy employees and profit sharing is a major plus

Interview Questions

• Some open ended questions, such as explain a situation where...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at WesTech Engineering (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

HR had me take a test. Then a VP came down and reviewed my test scores with me. Then he had me talk to multiple group leaders and and assistant group leaders who were also project managers or had similar jobs (I later received independent offers from different group leaders which I thought was very odd but now doesn't surprise me because nobody communicates with each other).

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gurnee, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at WesTech Engineering (Gurnee, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Arrived and the group leader explained what WesTech did
    Went over some drawings to see how well I could read them
    Took a wonderlic test
    Took a CAD proficiency test
    Went over expected job responsibilities

Interview Questions

• I don't remember anything that was not standard from any other interviews   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WesTech Engineering in September 2015.

Interview

Took over a month after the interview to find out if I got the position. I meet with the hiring manager, then a couple weeks later I met with that managers manager. They have you take a math test to show competency.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WesTech Engineering.

Interview

I applied online, this is very much a who you know situation. I then received a call requesting an interview. Interview was in person with group of people going around asking questions in a circle.

Applications Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Salt Lake, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at WesTech Engineering (South Salt Lake, UT).

Interview

Before talking to anyone I was administered two tests to gauge my level of intellect. One was the Wonderlic test and the other was a math test. Following the two tests I had a more traditional interview with the two group leaders of the group with the open position. They asked typical interview questions about my experience and some other question to gauge my character. They told me about my potential role in that position and that was about it.