Wesco Aircraft Hardware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 30, 2016

2.2

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wesco Aircraft Hardware (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I am going to ding this interview process for three reasons:
    1.) Hiring manager mentioned that he didn't necessarily believe in quizzing people on technical questions in the 2nd interview, however in the 3rd interview specific technical questions were read off a list and were asked.
    2.) Benefit packages were never effectively explained.
    3.) Length of the process/deadlines set by the company were not met.

Was first contacted by HR recruiter in California by email. Scheduled a call with me the day after we first made contact. Interview went well. Asked generic IT questions to see if I would be a fit candidate. Was told on the phone I was going to be passed to the next level of interviewing process.

After a week I was setup with a phone call interview with the Hiring Manager for the department I was interviewing for. Interview also went well and we went over our allotted 1 hour. This interview was quite a bit more technical in nature. This is where item number 1 came into play.

Third Interview was in-person in front of a panel. There were 5 people in the room including myself and one on the phone. We went over typical items such as where I am from, a little about each of them, etc. This interview consisted more of the "What is your greatest strength/weakness" type of questions, until one of the gentlemen stepped up to the table with a list of prepared quiz type of answers. None of these questions were particularly difficult, however I saw a conflict between the ideologies of how the company saw the interview process going. Overall I felt like the interview went okay. I wish I could have answered some more of the "quizzy" questions a little better, but nonetheless the hiring manager and myself sat outside and chatted for about 30 minutes afterward.

While chatting outside I brought up the benefit packages (Item number 2) and was met with the answer "The usual stuff" as he kind of shrugged it off. No one effectively explained what was going on with these and gave me good numbers.

After this final Interview I was told that I could expect to hear from them in 3 weeks which put the date around 11/11/16. The time came and went at which point I had to repeatedly follow up with the HR Recruiter as the decision had not been made. They again came back at me and told me they would have a decision by 11/21 or 11/22. Once again time came and went and when the day arrived, I followed up once more. Still no decision.

It is now a week later and the decision was finally relayed to me. Which I do appreciate (some companies never even bother).

Overall, from the information I gathered from the company, it kind of concerned me. They were hiring a System Administrator when in reality they were more looking for a NOC team member. It was expressed to me that the IT department was reactive and not proactive (which I will give them they looked like they were trying to change). Hardware/software going down without the IT team knowing a thing about it is a huge issue in the way your organization functions and it costs the company money. It appears they had all the tools to do what they needed, just no one was doing it.

Just speculating, but judging by other Glassdoor salaries, I believe my salary requirement probably didn't fit their budget.

Interview Questions

• You have three hosts and 10 Virtual machines. You need to setup a virtual environment with vMotion enabled to provide the best redundancy. Which type of virtual switches do you use?

a.) Standard Switches
      b.) Distributed Switches
      1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wesco Aircraft Hardware (West Chester, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

Emailed with a request for phone interview. I meet with 3 people the same day individually. Got hired right away I think they were desperate. HR was a nightmare they took for ever to give me a start date and the onboarding process was crazy!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background? They also asked if I was familiar with MS Office (Excel etc.)   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted their offer.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wesco Aircraft Hardware.

Interview

I sent my resume in to a current employee-- a friend of a friend of a friend. I also applied to the HR via the website. I called HR to make sure they received my application. My friend of friend of friend put in a good word for me. I had three interviews: two with various HR and one with future-manager. It seemed like HR was trying to convince me not to work in said position.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you are the right fit for this type of job? Why WESCO AIRCRAFT?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wesco Aircraft Hardware.

Interview

First interview was with immediate supervisor. He had a sheet of typical interview questions in front of him. And read them out to ask like how do you handle conflict with your supervisor and those under you? The process took about 30 minutes and was overall pleasant and accomodating.
    I was invited to a second interview with Regional Manager. He asked if I was familiar with the industry and spoke much about Wesco and did not ask me many questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What is your greatest and weakest point?
      Answer Question

Programmer Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wesco Aircraft Hardware.

Interview

I was referred for the job by a recruiter who set me up with an interview. I met with their tech supervisor who asked me questions about my relevant experience, qualifications, and character. As well we discussed the position as well as what my role would be at Wesco Aircraft. Afterwards she showed me around the office and introduced me to the team.

Sales Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wesco Aircraft Hardware.

Interview

Very pleasant and easy interview

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wesco Aircraft Hardware in June 2012.

Interview

It was very conversation based. They mostly wanted to know that I was going to be there and not job hop since training for sales takes a very long time. However it was very long ago.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wesco Aircraft Hardware (Palmdale, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

phone interview first then one on one. The interveiw was very fast.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NO negotiation, just a flat offer.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wesco Aircraft Hardware (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Met with the VP of Sales and was offered a sales position within a week. I have over 20 years in sales and management.I then met a member of the Human Resources department.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about product information and customer base.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy and straight forward.

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wesco Aircraft Hardware in May 2009.

Interview

The phone interview is very simple. They ask you what you know about the company. This was a random monster.com application so i did not remember, but I gave my past experience and scheduled a face to face interview with the hiring manager. They talked most of the time and if they like your vibe and if you can show how your past experience related to distribution you were chosen to go on a dinner interview. This was to see if other people in the company like you.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with conflict with an employer or fellow employee and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate and wish I did. I did not get the salary that was promised, but it was not too far off so I took it.