West Chester University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

West Chester University Interview Questions

Updated Nov 1, 2017

2.9

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at West Chester University.

Interview

You apply online with your resume and preferences. You have to get 3 reccomendations and then you go through 4 group interviews where a panel of 4 residence life staff interviews 4 students together. You have to create a visual aid for the interviews that describes who you are and you have a minute to present it at each interview. Then there is a group processing day where you do team building activities and you are evaluated during them. If you miss any deadlines, you are out of the running.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to deal with a difficult situation working in a group   Answer Question
    • A good amount of questions were based off of the job description and you had to reference it   Answer Question

Field Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at West Chester University (Phila, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

After submission on line, an email was sent to set a phone interview. When that was determined to be positive, a panel interview was scheduled with preferred dates. That took one month to schedule. The panel was open to discussion but raised difficult questions.

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at West Chester University.

Interview

There are about 5 panel interviews, with usually 4 RDs/GAs conducting the interview and 5 people being interviewed. The interviewers conduct these interviews back to back so many can seem disinterested in your answers, thus having a relevant and memorable answer is quite helpful.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your concerns with working as a Resident Assistant (especially in regards to the work/school/life balance) and how will you handle those if hired?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at West Chester University.

Interview

you need to know someone to get a job. its basically an easy interview, they understand you are a student and it is perfect for students looking for a non pressure job.

Student Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at West Chester University (West Chester, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

First, theres an online interview stream with prerecorded questions and the second interview is with 2-3 students and 2-3 administrators. It seems overwhelming at first but everyone is nice and welcoming. You become comfortable in no time. The questions were straight forward

Interview Questions

• Are you more productive in an independent role or on a team?   Answer Question

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at West Chester University.

Interview

You need an three letters of recommendation (from faculty, current resident assistant and former employer), complete a survey/application, write an essay why you are interested in becoming an RA - Interview process is a series of 5 group interviews. Make sure you shine!

Interview Questions

• There was no real hard question - I guess why do you want to be an RA?   1 Answer

Lead Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at West Chester University (West Chester, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

A bit overwhelming. Must be prepared with solid research proposal. IRB approval is difficult and tie consuming to achieve. But once you begin the research it is exciting. Must meet with lead professor and explain hypothesis and plan for data collection. Must then go through IRB approval process. SONA system can be helpful.

Resident Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at West Chester University (West Chester, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

Great people to talk to. It was more of a conversation. I was nervous for a lot of interviews but this one was different. The in person interview was extremely relaxed for me. The process was formal with informal portions. I loved interviewing here.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why West Chester University?   1 Answer

Psych Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at West Chester University (West Chester, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

Minimal - someone had a health emergency and I was brought in last minute. They asked about my degrees and my teaching experience. It was a temporary hire until they could sort out an emergency with another professor.

Interview Questions

• Are you available tomorrow? What is your background and education?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at West Chester University (West Chester, PA) in April 2009.

Interview

Initial communication was in response to an application for the job. It was somewhat of a phone interview. I was invited to the campus a couple of months after this for a full three day interview including a teaching demonstration

Interview Questions

• Someone asked me about feminist theory - a little outside my field   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, I negotiated my salary and moving cost