West Chester University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at West Chester University

2.6

Sort:

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at West Chester University.

Interview

you need to know someone to get a job. its basically an easy interview, they understand you are a student and it is perfect for students looking for a non pressure job.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at West Chester University (West Chester, PA) in April 2009.

Interview

Initial communication was in response to an application for the job. It was somewhat of a phone interview. I was invited to the campus a couple of months after this for a full three day interview including a teaching demonstration

Interview Questions

• Someone asked me about feminist theory - a little outside my field   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, I negotiated my salary and moving cost

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at West Chester University (West Chester, PA) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online and got a Skype interview with three people from the department. The questions were round robin and read directly from a paper. The panel looked bored to say the least. No follow up questions.

It was obvious they were hiring from within and this was just a check mark on their list. Didn't receive a "thanks but no thanks" until TWO MONTHS later.

Goolged who they hired and it was an adjunct. Yep, thanks for wasting my time. Of course, their qualifications are lacking but that's their problem.

Don't apply for a professor position unless you're adjunct.

Interview Questions

• Identify a creative approach to your teaching style.   4 Answers

IT Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at West Chester University.

Interview

Panel interview. Questioners read from a paper of pre-determined questions. Showed little interest & asked almost no follow-up questions. I got the distinct impression that I was a place holder candidate & someone else was already selected for the position. Received a turn down letter within a week. A small bit of Googling revealed the candidate who was hired -- a student intern without the industry experience & certifications that are standard for these type of positions. Hard to believe that was the most highly qualified candidate.

Advice: Don't bother to apply for IT related positions. They are clearly not serious about their hiring practices. Good luck to them.

Interview Questions

• General questions related to the job description & a couple of behavioral questions thrown in.   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at West Chester University (West Chester, PA).

Interview

Phone interview conducted first, then I was called back for a finalist interview. The finalist interview was an all day event with a number of different panels as well as a presentation and Q&A with stakeholders as well as a one on one lunch with the dean. Overall an enjoyable experience. Was one of 3 finalists and was given a timeline for a decision - when that came and went after a few weeks I emailed a follow up and was told one of the other candidates had been offered accepted the position. It would have been nice to have received that update without having to follow up on my end.

Interview Questions

• A variety of questions asked on different topics related to the position   Answer Question

Field Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at West Chester University (Phila, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

After submission on line, an email was sent to set a phone interview. When that was determined to be positive, a panel interview was scheduled with preferred dates. That took one month to schedule. The panel was open to discussion but raised difficult questions.

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at West Chester University.

Interview

There are about 5 panel interviews, with usually 4 RDs/GAs conducting the interview and 5 people being interviewed. The interviewers conduct these interviews back to back so many can seem disinterested in your answers, thus having a relevant and memorable answer is quite helpful.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your concerns with working as a Resident Assistant (especially in regards to the work/school/life balance) and how will you handle those if hired?   Answer Question

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at West Chester University.

Interview

You apply online with your resume and preferences. You have to get 3 reccomendations and then you go through 4 group interviews where a panel of 4 residence life staff interviews 4 students together. You have to create a visual aid for the interviews that describes who you are and you have a minute to present it at each interview. Then there is a group processing day where you do team building activities and you are evaluated during them. If you miss any deadlines, you are out of the running.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to deal with a difficult situation working in a group   Answer Question
    • A good amount of questions were based off of the job description and you had to reference it   Answer Question

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at West Chester University.

Interview

You need an three letters of recommendation (from faculty, current resident assistant and former employer), complete a survey/application, write an essay why you are interested in becoming an RA - Interview process is a series of 5 group interviews. Make sure you shine!

Interview Questions

• There was no real hard question - I guess why do you want to be an RA?   1 Answer

Resident Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at West Chester University (West Chester, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

Great people to talk to. It was more of a conversation. I was nervous for a lot of interviews but this one was different. The in person interview was extremely relaxed for me. The process was formal with informal portions. I loved interviewing here.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why West Chester University?   1 Answer