Westaff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2017

1.6

Bilingual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Westaff (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2017.

Interview

It's difficult to call this an interview. I received a call with general information about the position. Later that day, I took online tests about hypothetical workplace situations and typing skills. Two business days later, I arrived to give them my ID and complete the onboarding process (largely questions about punctuality, violence, and drug use). I also submitted to a drug test. Around 4pm the same day, I was asked to start 12 hr shifts at 8 am the next morning.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions about violence, yes, multiple, threw me off. Things along the lines of, have you committed violence against a coworker?; do you quickly resort to violence when aggravated?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Claremont, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westaff (Claremont, NH) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview went well and I was offered to go to their location in Claremont, NH, to finish up the paperwork, do a background check and a physical interview. They wanted me to come as quickly as I could and I had scheduled it for 1 day after phone interview. Friendly yet professional staff!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself and your situation now?   1 Answer

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westaff.

Interview

The prescreening phone call was wack as hell! Apparently, they want you to be a statistic in life in order for them to hire you. Base on my prescreening question i believe they want their potential candidate life to evolve around this company.

Interview Questions

• Can you relocate?
      Do you own your home?
      Do you have transportation?   1 Answer

Temp to Perm Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westaff (Columbus, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by two people. I was to discuss my qualifications and interests in jobs in the local community. I had to provide my resume and other documents such as school certificates. I was then sent to a variety of jobs. Some were temporary but then I found a temp to permanent job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what type of job I was interested in and how much experience did I have. I was asked about my duties at previous employers and how I could apply my experience to a new company. I was asked to bring in my resume and school certificates and I had to take a test. I also had to take a drug test.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was very fair.

Administrative/General Labor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Westaff (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2014.

Interview

A day or two after applying, I got a call from a Branch Manager saying he wanted to talk about the position, when I returned his call, he asked what I wanted to know about the job, thinking he'd already told me about it over the phone. He said he'd know more about the position the following week. I eventually emailed him after not hearing back. He said I was offered the job pending a background check. I came in and did all the paperwork and did a drug test as well. He told me I'd start the next week some time, he'd let me know when everything went through. Never called. It's been two weeks. I know my background check and drug test were clean as can be. I have emailed twice with no response AND found the same job posting on a different staffing company's website. They obviously lost the account. Maybe they should be more organized and not waste time.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westaff (East Lansing, MI) in January 2014.

Interview

Very fast process, I was placed the next day in a good position in my field

Interview Questions

• I did not experience any questions I wasn't prepared to answer   1 Answer

Negotiation

I really didn't try to negotiate since I was so pleased with the placement - I was hoping it would lead to a full time, permanent offer and it did.

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Meriden, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westaff (Meriden, CT) in September 2013.

Interview

It was a great experience.You fill out and application. Then you take the computer test so that they can see how experienced you are with specific programs you will be working with. Once you have completed all the processes that are mandatory you are interview and they start looking for the right position to fit your experience level.

Interview Questions

• How was the last position you had and did you like your job or have any issues that would effect the performance of your work.   1 Answer

Temp Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Westaff (Topeka, KS).

Interview

Was tired of job hunting and feeling like I was not getting anywhere with my time that was being put in, so I researched for some agencies to help me out, I had came across Westaff. I then proceeded to look for there contact information, filled out an application. The next day I had received a call for an interview with them. I went in an took a test to see where they wanted to place me. With-in a few days, I was working!

Interview Questions

• Will this help me find a career   1 Answer

Light Industrial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westaff (Raleigh, NC) in January 2010.

Interview

I came in then filled out paper work, chose to take typing test, then reviewed work history with interviewer, left when done, I had to call them back for jobs, they wont call you back. placement was offered 2-3 weeks, drug test done with in 2 days of job offer

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Metairie, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westaff (Metairie, LA) in March 2009.

Interview

This was an interview with a staffing company. I had previously applied for a different position within the company itself. I was contacted by the technical skills manager for the possibility of an interview for technical work. I was informaed that while the manager did not make the hiring decision as per the previously applied for position that temporary work was and is available through the agency. The interview was cordial and instructive as to what is expected.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was informed that there is a minimum hourly for temporary work, and that having to negotiate from less than that was not necessary.