Western Alliance Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Western Alliance Bank

2.6

Commercial Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Alliance Bank (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

Meeting with a few managers which is typical. HR is also apart of the process but they have limited say unless you are a teller. Be sure to wear a suit and tie to fit into the culture

Interview Questions

• Can't recall specifically. No I gotcha questions though   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Alliance Bank in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in-person with HR and management. A drug test via hair samples and a background check. The first offer was a low ball, but I was able to have it increased. Now that I'm here, I realize that I could've asked and would've gotten more money.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly related to prior
      experience and "how would you"   Answer Question

Accounting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Alliance Bank (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was long - you meet with all of the upper level management in the accounting department. However, the questions asked weren't too alarming and the management team was overall friendly. One manager in particular likes to ask off the wall questions, which can make anyone nervous - but I believe that is the point. Those questions aren't determinant if you get the job though - so get through it!

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western Alliance Bank (Beverly Hills, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

First, the director asked me about my resume and my interest in fixed income field. Next, he asked some general behavioral questions based on my resume.

I get the internship position within a week.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Alliance Bank (Reston, VA) in May 2019.

Interview

The whole process was chaotic and limited in communication between each party that limited the fluidity in the process. The third round of phone interview was supposed to be with an individual in Atlanta(which the position was supporting), but the interviewer was unresponsive.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies outside of work?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Alliance Bank (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2018.

Interview

One round with the hiring manager and mostly written test about debugging and few aptitude questions. He expects you to ask him questions. Once Cleared two more rounds with the team.

Interview Questions

• Identify the pattern in the given series of numbers/letters?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Alliance Bank.

Interview

I was hired on with a different bank and it merged with Western Alliance Bank. Hiring at the time was very easy with a simple phone interview with HR just asking a few questions to be able to setup a time for you to interview with the manager. Once the manager interviews you, the HR gets back to you quickly and was hired on. Once hired, they did a background check and credit check.
    Now with Western Alliance I heard the process is different now, so I can't comment on the new hiring and interview practices.

Interview Questions

• This question didn't come up while I interviewed to be hired on, but it was asked when I applied to transfer to a different location within the bank. They gave you a pen and had you sell the pen to the manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation

At the time I was hired, there was no negotiation.

Account Service Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Alliance Bank (Mesa, AZ) in October 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with direct manager, he is super nice and invited me to come in for 1:1 interview. Then second interview with manager and VP. The whole process only took a couple weeks and received the job offer.

Interview Questions

• General questions; How did you hear about us? How do rate your computer (mwords,excell,etc) skill? Very basic questions.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Western Alliance Bank (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by Ops Admin and it went very well. Really like them. The position is basically a branch manager because the officers do most of the sales piece in the branches. Lots more responsibility then the normal operations manager roles in banking.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a correction that needs to be made?   1 Answer