Western Oregon University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Western Oregon University

Assistant Professor, Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monmouth, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Western Oregon University (Monmouth, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

One day recieved call from chair am I still available in job market. I had applied almost 4 months back. A follow-up call of chair secretary came and within two weeks a phone interview was done. They asked some standard questions. Just in two days secretary again called to schedule campus visit and exactly after three weeks of the phone interview my campus visit was scheduled. Campus visit was too hectic as I met provost, Dean, chair, HR person and all search committee members. I gave a 30 mins teaching demo on time value of money and 1 hour research presentation. Within one week I received the job offer. They did not negotiate at all on the salary. And salary was final.

Interview Questions

• Why you have applied? What are the benefits of teaching your research to students?   Answer Question

Na Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monmouth, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Oregon University (Monmouth, OR) in October 2014.

Interview

There really was nothing to it, I applied, gathered signatures from professors who knew my skill level and authorized me to tutor for their classes. After that all I had to do was talk to the person in charge of the tutors at Western Oregon University.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Oregon University.

Interview

interview, teach one hour of a course to actual students, meet-and-greet

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monmouth, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Western Oregon University (Monmouth, OR) in November 2012.

Interview

Pleasant campus interview. Offer made within 2 weeks of interview. No negotiations possible due to faculty contract. Get any offers made by the Dean/Provost IN WRITING as they often aren't followed through on.

Negotiation

Due to the WOU faculty union there are no negotiations . . . even on the absurdly low salary.

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Western Oregon University in June 2011.

Interview

They were in a hurry to hire. There was one phone interview and then an offer. pay was too low and workload too intense, but it seemed like a happy group, oddly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent conflict situation and how you resolved it.   1 Answer
    • How do you approach beginning level drawing courses?   1 Answer

pay was too low and workload too intense.