Western Oregon University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Western Oregon University

2.0

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monmouth, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Western Oregon University (Monmouth, OR) in November 2012.

Interview

Pleasant campus interview. Offer made within 2 weeks of interview. No negotiations possible due to faculty contract. Get any offers made by the Dean/Provost IN WRITING as they often aren't followed through on.

Negotiation

Due to the WOU faculty union there are no negotiations . . . even on the absurdly low salary.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monmouth, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Western Oregon University (Monmouth, OR).

Interview

All day interview with a variety of groups and supervisor, campus-wide presentation on a relevant topic. The main things to emphasize was focus on diversity, working with first generation students, and collaboration across divisions.

Na Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monmouth, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Oregon University (Monmouth, OR) in October 2014.

Interview

There really was nothing to it, I applied, gathered signatures from professors who knew my skill level and authorized me to tutor for their classes. After that all I had to do was talk to the person in charge of the tutors at Western Oregon University.

Assistant Professor, Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monmouth, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Western Oregon University (Monmouth, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

One day recieved call from chair am I still available in job market. I had applied almost 4 months back. A follow-up call of chair secretary came and within two weeks a phone interview was done. They asked some standard questions. Just in two days secretary again called to schedule campus visit and exactly after three weeks of the phone interview my campus visit was scheduled. Campus visit was too hectic as I met provost, Dean, chair, HR person and all search committee members. I gave a 30 mins teaching demo on time value of money and 1 hour research presentation. Within one week I received the job offer. They did not negotiate at all on the salary. And salary was final.

Interview Questions

• Why you have applied? What are the benefits of teaching your research to students?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Oregon University.

Interview

interview, teach one hour of a course to actual students, meet-and-greet

Student Custodian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monmouth, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Western Oregon University (Monmouth, OR) in February 2016.

Interview

Walked to the building for physical plant at Western Oregon University, got the application, applied right then and there for custodial services didn't need a resume and got hired a few days later.

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Western Oregon University in June 2011.

Interview

They were in a hurry to hire. There was one phone interview and then an offer. pay was too low and workload too intense, but it seemed like a happy group, oddly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent conflict situation and how you resolved it.   1 Answer
    • How do you approach beginning level drawing courses?   1 Answer

pay was too low and workload too intense.

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Western Oregon University in January 2017.

Interview

Easy, no issue even. Applied in Sept , got call late in January. Five members took the interview. Offer made but I rejected. Union makes thing difficult and keep you at very less salary. They are nice people but salary not enough for Finance PhD

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in WOU. Tell us about your teaching and research etc.   Answer Question