Western Washington University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 8, 2017

2.7

Office Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Washington University (Bellingham, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Contacted by email to schedule a telephone interview. Phone interview lasted 10 minutes. Contacted by email to schedule in person interview and testing. Testing consisted of spelling and grammar test, excel spreadsheet test and letter writing proficiency test. In person interview lasted 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Salary was low for the position

IT Specialist II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Western Washington University.

Interview

Panel Interview very fair, there was maybe 30 questions, by the end of it I felt they had a pretty good idea as to what kind of employee I would be. Western reached out to me the following month. my only criticism is that the process was slow.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Washington University in September 2016.

Interview

After being selected from the candidate pool, I received a phone call to ask if a particular salary range (up to mid-50s) was acceptable and if I'd like to continue in the interview process. The first interview was a 30 minute phone interview. There were at least 8 individuals on the other line while I interviewed. Individuals included faculty, staff (admissions), and a student.

I was asked about 10 questions and then given an opportunity to ask my own. What was odd is that I asked 1 question and then was cut off and told we were out of time even though there was 10 minutes left.

Interview Questions

• How do you distinguish mentoring from advising?
      What experience do you have working with diverse populations?   Answer Question

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Washington University (Bellingham, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

The Interview process was very formal with two steps: Phone interview and then In-person interview. The In-person interview consisted of committee interview, Vice President interview and excel test.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Western Washington University (Bellingham, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

Submitted application was called within two weeks to set up a time to have an interview. I was told to be prepared to bring my resume and that I would be interviewed in a panel, not just by one person. I was told after the interview I would hear back within two weeks about whether I got the job or not, via Email.

Interview Questions

• Do you make judgement about people based on first impressions?   1 Answer

Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Washington University (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

I don't remember anything, but I have words I have many many many words which are tremendously successful. If I am in charge I win I don't lose I win. Period.

Student Employee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Western Washington University.

Interview

Very easy just have to sound open and accepting. Also need to be responsible and have the ability to communicate with many different people. Just go in and do your thing and come out and be like yeah I did awesome and you will be just fine.

Negotiation

na

Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Washington University (Bellingham, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was asked for my availability and made an appointment.
    The interview was comprised of a small panel of 2 people in a small room in the administrative building on campus. The interview was a little over an hour long and I heard back from them within a week.

Interview Questions

• They asked about a 10 behavioral questions and 3 whiteboard questions.
      As long as you have some programming experience you should be fine.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Washington University (Bellingham, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process consists of about 15 questions, most of which are available to preview on the Associated Students website. The interviewers can't ask you any questions they don't ask other candidates and won't ask anything personal.

Interview Questions

• The AS Has a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and being accessible to all Western Students. What does it mean to you to have a commitment to diversity and inclusion? How have you demonstrated that commitment? How would you see yourself demonstrating it in this position?   1 Answer

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Western Washington University (Bellingham, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied many months prior to being called to interview, but the first part of the process was a Skype interview with the Dean of the department and an assistant. They asked questions pertinent to my field and were very generous and polite - though I felt I had done a terrible job. I should have prepared more, I think. I heard a few days later from the program director that I had gotten the position.