Western & Southern Financial Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 6, 2017

2.4

IT Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western & Southern Financial Group (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

Two interviews with HR, three required online exams, one phone and one in-person interview with IT. The first couple of interviews just cover basic behavioral skills (dealing with angry customers, etc). The final interviews cover the technical background. The in-person interview with IT was a retread of the phone interview (was asked the same exact questions).

Accounting Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western & Southern Financial Group.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR. Later four sets of interviews at office with multiple people in each interview. Interviewers were polite and allowed time for my questions. All interviewers seemed competent and interested in my answers.

Business Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western & Southern Financial Group (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with HR followed by a phone screen with the hiring manager. I then went in for in-person interviews with 5 people, including HR and the hiring manager. Process was smooth. Did not "click" with last two senior management people, questions seemed like they were taken from a list rather than important to the role.

Interview Questions

• What techniques did I use when gathering requirements from project stakeholders?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western & Southern Financial Group (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and the next day was scheduling for a phone interview. The phone interview went well and we scheduled an in person interview. The interview lasted from 8am to about 1pm with several different higher ups and then a lunch with employees. Everyone was very friendly and conversational. All of their questions were phrased like, "describe a time when...". They ended up going with someone who had more exams passed and the recruiter took the time to actually let me know if I had the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to persuade a colleague to go with your proposal.   Answer Question

ETL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western & Southern Financial Group (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

I have applied online for the position and after two days I received an email from the recruiter asking few questions about the position like my willingess to relocate to Cincinnati, Ohio and the expected salary range. The recruiter also asked my availability for the phone screen the next week. The process took seven days right from the time I have applied. I strongly suggest to apply for the company if and only if you have a Green Card - EAD or if you are a US Citizen, then generally won't consider candidates with other types of work authorization for most of the positions.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate to Cincinnati, OH? If so, what is the reason for your relocation   1 Answer
    • What is you expected Salary or Salary range?   1 Answer
    • What is your work authorization in the United States?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Western & Southern Financial Group in February 2016.

Interview

Behavioral in nature. Two very clear themes were presented throughout the interview. Is this a place you could see yourself at for the entirety of your career? Is Cincinnati a place you want to live for all of your career? Be clear on your desire for these two.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western & Southern Financial Group (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

I received an interview via phone the same day I applied for the job. The interview was laid back and extremely informative. All benefits were discussed up front, as were hours and amenities at the facility, including subsidized parking garages, free meals at the on-site cafeteria, and workout center.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Western & Southern Financial Group (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Serie of personality questions, professional goals and jobs related experiences. Secondly, a collection of personal information and resume review. Next a profile of the company and corporate history. Explanation of hiring process and requirements. Pre-assesment review and initial requirement explanation. No Offer was made. A pre-requisite is required to be hire.

Interview Questions

• What was the main reason for you to look for employment at Western and Southern financial group?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Western & Southern Financial Group (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a straight forward interview, you have to collect market data from your friends and family before you're hired and a blood test for your drug screen. It's a great opportunity that if you're willing to go and do the work for is lucrative.

Interview Questions

• They want you to be interested in making it a career, so don't go into this thinking that it's a short term position.   Answer Question

There is somewhere along the line of a $300-$400 startup, my girlfriend happened to run into trouble with her schooling around the same time and money got tight. So I decided to wait on this type of opportunity.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Western & Southern Financial Group.

Interview

This is an extremely long interview. I would really push for a phone screener because the terms of the position were significantly different in the interview than when I was pitched the position (multiple recruiters contacted me about it).

The first step is for you to take an aptitude assessment. This is not a programming assessment. They ask a number of puzzle questions... Reading comprehension... Asking you to follow detailed instructions.

There is another reason that I would push for a phone screener. I think they are a very polarizing organization. The pay is on lower than other organizations, and the culture is extremely restrictive. They come across as very judgemental. I would fear making any decisions as an employee. They don't make any attempt to hide this... Ask your interviewer.

The big selling point for W&S is that someday you will make really good money. They also list stability, however the software development positions are contract positions... So I don't consider stability to be a perk.