Whiting Petroleum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Whiting Petroleum

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whiting Petroleum (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a phone call with the people I'd be working with. They asked some technical questions, but nothing too difficult. They seemed interested in giving their interviewees a good experience.

RIM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whiting Petroleum (Denver, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Very brief interview, they basically just wanted to know that I wasn't a complete total idiot who would mess things up. Other than that the interview process was very very very very very very easy

Interview Questions

• Where did you work previously?   1 Answer

Division Order Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Whiting Petroleum (Denver, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

It was laid back and not stressful. My supervisor and an HR person interviewed me. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. Overall it was a good experience. Not a difficult interview.

Geoscience Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Whiting Petroleum in November 2013.

Interview

Resumes were submitted via email to the head of Exploration and then a month of two later phone interviews were conducted. Mentors called potential interns and this phone call was the only interview in the interview process. Within a week, mentors made calls back to potential hires to offer a position. Questions were basic: do you have experience with X program, have you had well log analysis, how does your research relate to oil and gas, how will this internship help you reach your eventual career goal, etc.

Interview Questions

• There were no majorly difficult questions. The hardest part for me was that projects, or even general outlines/areas were not established yet, so understanding what I would be doing during the summer was mostly non existent.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was through email. Hourly pay offered was said over the phone right after making the offer and was said to be non-negotiable.

Environmental Manager Interview

Interview

very good

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whiting Petroleum (Midland, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview I had didn't really feel like an interview at all. I was recommended to a geologist that walked out Whiting and he and I went to lunch with the college teacher that recommended me to him. he didn't even ask me about previous work experience or any of the normal job interview questions. It basically seems like we were just small talking so he can get an idea for what type of personality I have and if it would be compatible with Whiting. he didn't even ask me about previous work experience or any of the normal job interview questions. It basically seems like we were just small talking so he can get an idea for what type of personality I have and if it would be compatible with Whiting. Then within 2 to 3 weeks and I received an offer letter for my internship. I was shocked to see how much they were going to pay me. Then within 2 to 3 weeks and I received an offer letter for my internship. I was shocked to see how much they were going to pay me. I couldn't have asked for more!

Interview Questions

• What classes have you taken in school so far?   1 Answer