Wichita State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wichita State University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2017

2.4

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wichita State University.

Interview

I had earlier taken a class with the professor. When I showed my interest in the position, the professor told me to send my resume. A few days later, I was called take the offer letter and fill the required documents for the position.

Interview Questions

• No questions, except I had done well in the previous classes with the professor   Answer Question

Education Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wichita State University (Wichita, KS) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, took eight weeks to hear from anyone. When the hiring manager called and asked if I was still interested in the job, she sounded surprised when I said yes. A panel interview was scheduled for three weeks later. Questions were very basic: What are my strengths and weaknesses? Do I prefer to work alone or with people? Each panel member took a turn asking a question.

At the end of the interview I was told that the hiring manager would get back to me in two weeks with a decision. It's now five weeks later and I haven't heard anything. I assume I didn't get the job.

Director of Student Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wichita State University in March 2016.

Interview

the interview process was long and drawn out. they asked irrelevant questions. in fact, i thought to myself during the interview. Who came up with these questions. Nothing was asked about my leadership style. nothing was asked about my past experience. every question asked was a conceptual philosophical question. it was a waste of time. i thought to myself, I knew i would not get a call back. it was a very frustrating process.

Interview Questions

• if you experienced a conflict between diversity and excellence, how would you handle it   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wichita State University (Wichita, KS) in December 2015.

Interview

I just spoke to the lecturers interested in having GTA.
    They will annonce or you have to fill an application and submit to the deans office.
    Its easier if you have seniors leaving their position so you can fill it up.
    Always always meet the professors , they can always help.

Interview Questions

• Do you have knowledge in his research field?   1 Answer

Student Assistant IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wichita State University (Wichita, KS) in September 2015.

Interview

Submitted CV. After review, got a call to let me know that I've been conceived an interview. Met the whole staff on that day, toured the facilities and got and explanation of what is to be expected from the position.

Senior Level Job Within President's Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wichita State University (Wichita, KS) in August 2015.

Interview

Highly unorganized, unprofessional, silly and a waste of time. Wichita State is a sinking ship who has hired some of the most incompetent people to work in leadership. Their recent issue of the alumni magazine with the "Team" shows what a joke this group of people are. Too bad they are doing it with such a great school and using taxpayer money to go unicorn hunting.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions, obvious no one was listening.   Answer Question

Staff Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wichita State University (Wichita, KS) in June 2015.

Interview

It took about 5 weeks from the time I submitted my application to the time they called, but I suppose that may be standard with Higher Ed. First interview was 1.25 hour long phone interview. They were thorough, but it really was conversational. Next was an on campus interview - 4 there to interview me as a group. They each turn asking situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Near the end of the interview they surprised me by requesting that I go to the front of the classroom and "teach" them how to improve an existing document that they had created.   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wichita State University (Wichita, KS) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through an online recruitment process at WSU, then I got a call after 2-3 weeks for an interview. They took only 1 interview face to face and that's all.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about the basics related to hardware and software and the other IT operations. You should know the installation procedures for printers, scanners, network drives, software and drivers, basic troubleshooting steps in case of network failure. The most important thing you have to face students and staff members daily to help and assist them in all their needs.   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wichita State University in April 2015.

Interview

It was in an office, and sat on a chair. Then the person start questioning. It felt good and everything went smooth. The interviewer was friendly. I was not nervous about it.

Interview Questions

• The person asked about my major and CGPA. Also, the knowledge about using the computer software such as MS Office.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wichita State University (Wichita, KS) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy. Manager was a straight forward person looking for a person whose profile matches closely with the job description. Also, the manager was very friendly and cooperative. Their assessment about my resume was authentic. they posed quiet few number of technical questions and were satisfied by my qualifications.

Interview Questions

• How do you fit for this job?   1 Answer