Wikistrat Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wikistrat

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wikistrat (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied online, received an answer a few days later - I was interviewed over Skype a few days after that. About 12 days from Application to Interview..

I never expect interviewers to be friendly and fun, but this Wiksitrat interviewer came in so aggressive that I knew since the first second I wouldn't want to be within this organization. Specially for No Salary. I was interested in cooperating at first, but after what I heard from within, and this particular man, I just waited for the interview to finish, hang up, delete him from Skype, and keep going.

Interviewer said Wikistrat would reply after a week with their result - either good or bad. I never heard back.

This company is a scam. It´s only interesting for people doing PhD´s who are ready to be put to work for nothing in exchange for "reputation". I highly disrecommend it.

Interview Questions

• Is a billion dollars a lot to pay for when researching a new Drug?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wikistrat (Oakland, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied to be an intern for the season starting on March 5, 2016 on their website. I got a response from their London recruitment team, which I thought a bit odd since I'm in the western US. A phone interview was set up where I was asked questions about my goals, thoughts on geopolitical issues and the interviewer explained how the company works. I received an e-mail the next day saying I didn't "fit in" as an analyst but they would offer me a 4-month internship with the possibility of becoming an analyst later on. I thought that was strange because I wasn't applying to be an analyst. I know I still have more to learn and want to get more experience.

Interview Questions

• What is my opinion on Barack Obama's foreign presidency during his presidency?   Answer Question

Research Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wikistrat.

Interview

I sent in an application for a research position and was asked if I would like to be an intern. The interview was half a description of the job duties and half questions about political dynamics in my Area of Operations (South Asia and the Middle East).

Interview Questions

• Rumors are going around that India supports Baluchi separatists; what is your assessment of the veracity of these rumors?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wikistrat in April 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview for this position which asked me a little about myself and my experiences and then began to ask a lot more about my policy focus area (China/East Asia, in my case). The interviewer asked my opinion on a lot of current events-related topics and gave me an opportunity to explain my perceptions and ideas in detail. The bulk of the interview questions seemed to be aimed at assessing my analytical skills and knowledge of geopolitics.

Interview Questions

• How would you characterize China's relationship with North Korea?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wikistrat (Washington, DC) in January 2014.

Interview

Part of the interview was explaining what Wikistrat is and how analysts are paid and rewarded and part of it was asking me questions about geopolitics. The interview took place over the phone, and the person I interviewed with was a fairly high level staff member based in Israel. Talking about geopolitics to a foreign national was slightly unnerving I have to admit. I have had secret clearance much of my career, so it felt a little strange to be having such a discussion. That said, much of the discussion taking place on Wikistrat has an international security perspective, and all the intelligence is open source. Posting anything classified is strictly prohibited and can get you removed. The interview is the first step in having regular open and honest discussions about geopolitics with creative thinkers from many nationalities. Normally you would never do that.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions pertained to the root causes of Islamist extremism and instability in the Middle East.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wikistrat (Washington, DC) in June 2013.

Interview

- Application on the website
    - Email exchange
    - Phone interview with a member of the staff. Usual questions about motivation, fit, and explanation of the new model used by Wikistrat.
    - The exchange lasted 45 min. It was cordial.

Interview Questions

• - Which domain do you prefer/do you feel you have the most expertise?   Answer Question

Contributing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wikistrat (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I was asked a set of uestions about my knowladge, background and exprience. Then I was provided a short brief with information about the company and the work in it.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about us?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wikistrat (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in October 2016.

Interview

Two stages: first - telephone call with questions about my experience and technologies I know, second - test task on creating web - page using html, css, javascript. Task very good defined and I known what I should do.

Contributing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ljubljana (Slovenia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wikistrat (Ljubljana (Slovenia)) in December 2015.

Interview

Interview was done through Skype, as the head recruiter is living in South Africa. During the interview I had to go through my CV (education and experience), talked about my interests, where I would fell to be most useful, ... Conclusion of it was my time for Q&A regarding inner-workings of the company.

Interview Questions

• List three geographical areas, that you see in the near future, to become a conflict zone.   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wikistrat.

Interview

Process was a real pain because the interviewer kept rescheduling and forgetting.

Was conducted via Skype and mostly a conversation about my background and the type of work WikiStrat does and how individual analysts contribute. Also the interviewer explained the general contribution requirements for each level and approximately the timeframe I should recontact to discuss being "advanced" to another level.

I am pretty sure the interviewer already decided to bring me onboard because of my background in the field and was conducting the interview more as a formality. No substantive questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Did I have any questions about wikistrat?   1 Answer