WildBrain Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

WildBrain Interview Questions

Interviews at WildBrain

2.4

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WildBrain (Washington, DC) in August 2019.

Interview

Usual interview process, nothing out of the ordinary. Met with two different recruiters in one department then two in a different department. All interviews were under an hour long . Most questions were expected and already on my resume .

Layout Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WildBrain (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

I sent my demo reel to DHX and after a few days, HR contacted me through email asking what kind of work I'd be interested in. After a few days more, I got a call telling me I was hired as a layout artist and would start the following Monday. I never had an actual interview.

Story Artist Interview

Interview

PRO: HRs are fast to reach and schedule an interview, it's quite a pleasant time during the interview. Takes about regular interview length of time.
    CON: Due to unknown reasons, they may delay reply time - that being said, maybe because they are trying to select from different candidates/or waiting for different candidates.

Interview Questions

• Depends on the interview director's style, could be the same old interview question, but also questions reflect on the show.   Answer Question

Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WildBrain (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

watch reel,ask some basic questions. they introduce their firm and the future plan. not much going on actually. they assign a model test for me and give me 3 days to finish it.

Interview Questions

• 1) Are you willing to relocate to Halifax, NS if selected as a successful candidate?

2) Are you eligible to work in Canada (Work Permit, Canadian Citizen, Duel Citizen, or Landed Immigrant Status)?

3) If you are eligible for a work permit to work in Canada – what is the date which you are expected to receive your permit, and what is the length of your work permit.

4) What dates are you available to start your test? (I am able to send them out today as well, if you are available over the next few days)

5) Which test are you interested in completing (Modeling/ Rigging).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WildBrain (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview was over the phone super short, there was two phone interviews. One with the HR person and the other with the Team Lead. The questions were straight forward asking about work history and if I would relocate.

Interview Questions

• When am I available to work?
      Am I open to travel and relocate?
      whats my salary expectation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WildBrain (Halifax, NS (Canada)).

Interview

Very standard interview for animation industry: You past experience, Why you want to work here? where you want to go. Pleasant HR person, open to negotiate your pay based on your experience

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WildBrain (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied Online
    Human Resources reviewed my Work Online
    Emailed me first to schedule a Phone Call
    Phone Interviewed x2 with Studio Coordinator and Episodic Director
    Asked: Experience with Work Quotas, Strengths, Weaknesses, Expectations from a Job, Willingness to Relocate
    Fairly Helpful with any Questions I had
    Easy to talk to and very relaxed

Interview Questions

• What do you think you are stronger at in regards to Animation: Acting or Action?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WildBrain (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job online and submitted my resume and cover letter. Then there were two phone interviews. Then there were two in person interviews at the studio in Vancouver. For the the two phone interviews, I spoke with the HR Manager. For the two in person interviews, I met with the Editorial Supervisors and then the Producer and Director.

Interview Questions

• How would my previous experience help me at DHX Media?   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at WildBrain (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

E-mail screening from HR, then an in-person interview with an HR rep and the manager I would be working with. Offer was made by phone a few days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe general experience as a sysadmin, conversation-style interview.   Answer Question

2D Artist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at WildBrain.

Interview

The interview was very candid and it turned out very positive. The interviewer has great knowledge about DHX and was willing to answer back questions. The recruiter's queries were mostly on my skill levels with different programs and my experience in commercial art in general.