WildTangent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WildTangent Interview Questions

3.2

UI/User Experience Designer and 2D Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WildTangent (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

- HR sent Word documents instead of editable PDFs, which made filling out applications a pain
    - Initial phone interview was from the art director, asking basic questions about my experience and interests of employment
    -Second interview was with design team at the office, then management, and development, 3 rounds of groups of 2. They asked similar questions to the phone interview, and included questions like my career goals.

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out as a candidate for the job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not satisfying, very little time was given for salary/pay negotiation.

Game Play Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at WildTangent (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, was sent a programming test, then after completing that test was sent a design test. After completing the design test an all day in person interview was scheduled with the team. The in person interview involved both design and programming questions, and I would describe it as highly technical. One interviewer asked follow-up questions about my programming test submission, and I very much regretted having not reviewed it before the interview (there was a several week gap between my test submission and the interview due to scheduling issues).

The HR team was friendly and helpful, and while scheduling was a challenge they did everything they could to work with me.

Interview Questions

• They asked several fairly standard programming type questions (traverse a binary tree, path finding, etcetera). The biggest curve ball was when they asked a very standard programming question, then after I solved it in the common and obvious way asked "Okay, now how would you do that without using the technique you just used." It was a good question, and one I answered poorly. I *think* that's what cost me the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WildTangent (Redmond, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

I did a phone interview with the director and it went really well and was invited to an onsite interview.

I got there onsite and ended up doing 4 1:1 interviews. The interview process took an hour. One was with the director of the company, one with the manager of the department, one with HR associate and one with the previous team lead who is now in another department. You really have to get along with these type of people to even get in this company. All of the people were nice in my opinion, but the questions were more about yourself as a person then doing the job. It was very disappointing they did not ask me more relevant questions to what I could actually do.

Most of the questions I got asked were personality/behavioral questions. No Technical questions at all to demonstrate my knowledge that I can do the job well. They were also really concerned as to why I did not have a subscription to their games. It sounded like it was a pre-requisite for getting the job even though it was not stated in the job description. I am sorry I cannot afford a monthly subscription when I am out of work. They were nuts when it came to asking me that question.

From the previous interview reviews, they were at least getting organized on how to handle their interview process but still not there yet.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years? (Everyone asks this)   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WildTangent (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I was called by HR and phone interview was pretty in-depth (lasted 45 minutes). I then was called in to interview with 2 people on the team - the director and account executive. Director grilled me more but nothing too difficult even though he didn't seem too nice either.

Office was bare and team relayed that most of the time no one but yourself might be working in the office. Seemed like they were short staffed. Last I checked the job is still posted 2 months later...

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult - "tell me 5 adjectives to describe yourself"   Answer Question

Interview

Onsite interview

Producer/Senior Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WildTangent (Seattle, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied for the job through a headhunter, so there wasn't a phone screen with the recruiter. Instead, I started off with a call from the hiring manager. Call was ok, although the hiring manager (studio head) seemed very distracted. Was asked to come in for a round of in-person interviews. On the day of the interview, there was no one to let me into the offices so I had to wait outside until someone noticed me (they didn't answer their door when I was knocking either). The interview room was hastily put together in front of me, using a desk and a few random chairs left around the office. The order of the interviews was chaotic and no one really knew what role I was interviewing for. Very few people had relevant questions to ask me and most of the time was spent chatting. All of the interviews, except for the final one with the Studio Head were group interviews.

Ultimately was not offered the job, which is good because it was clear that they didn't know what they wanted from this role, and did not seem like a well organized place to work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WildTangent (Redmond, WA).

Interview

I applied online and received a call about a week later. It was a very brief phone screening with interview scheduling. The interview consisted of four mini-interviews, which are 1:1 interviews. The first interview was by someone in HR, and then by the department supervisor, and two team leaders from the department.

I followed up with one of the people that interviewed me a week later after not hearing anything and I was told that the HR department would contact me - which they never did, and it still remains the only job where

The HR interview was not particularly difficult in the sense that you'll have to recall a lot of situational examples of things you have done, but it is very difficult in the sense that you have to answer personal questions and follow-up questions to them until the interviewer is satisfied, and very few of them had any bearing on the job or were predictive of job performance.

The interviews from the departmental staff were friendly and fairly easy in their questioning.

Interview Questions

• Personal questions, with multiple follow-up questions on top of them.

For example, "'So why did you choose those two areas to major in?' followed by, 'What kind of job did you think you would get with that?' followed by, 'Weren't you concerned about what job you would get with those majors?' followed by, 'So, did you just choose your second major because you liked it or because you thought it would look good?' followed by, "What did you like about it?"

I was asked what was an accomplishment I was proud of, and having graduated recently from a relatively prestigious university I answered that. The follow-up question was literally, "So what? A lot of other people graduated from there too."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WildTangent (Redmond, WA) in March 2011.

Interview

I submitted online and was contacted a few days later via email which included a short questionnaire about basics such as citizenship status, criminal record, etc. After that, I was contacted first by HR for brief questions about my resume. An on-site interview was scheduled two or three days after the phone interview. After that I came in for an on-site interview which began with a one-on-one with HR, followed by an group interview with managers from the CS department. My references were checked over the course of a week and after that I was contacted by phone with the final verdict about the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Q: What makes you qualified for this position?   Answer Question
    • Q: What in your opinion is the most challenging thing you've ever done?   Answer Question
    • Q: When faced with a difficult customer can you give an example of how you handled the situation?   Answer Question

Customer Support Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WildTangent.

Interview

The application process began with submission of an application online, and then having someone contact you for further steps. For the Customer Support Agent position, a written assessment is emailed to the applicant, who is required to complete the assessment and return it within 24 hours. I believe if you pass the assessment, you will receive the next step of a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Being able to browse the FAQ page for Customer Support and answer the written assessment   Answer Question