Williams & Connolly Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Williams & Connolly Interview Questions

Interviews at Williams & Connolly

3.2

Paralegal I Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Williams & Connolly.

Interview

I was called in for an interview a couple weeks after sending in my application. They told me they would get back to me once they worked through a few more interviews, and got back to me shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions

• What issues do you anticipate when acclimating to a new work environment?   Answer Question

Paralegal I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Williams & Connolly (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Easy interview, friendly staff. Asked questions about resume, past experience, background check, and needed references. The process took about 2 hours where you have to fill out forms and information about your references and etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were important to the job you were doing   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Williams & Connolly (Washington, DC) in September 2011.

Interview

Interview with a series of attorneys who currently worked at the firm. Mostly personality/fit, only a few legal questions. The attorneys were generally friendly but clearly wanted to see if I had the right personality to be at the firm. I believe there were five separate interviews during the on site portion of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most interesting legal issue you encountered in law school and explain it to me.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Williams & Connolly (Washington, DC) in August 2011.

Interview

First was the on-campus interview. From there, I was contacted about flying to the DC office to interview in person at their offices. During that process, I interviewed with about four attorneys and then went to lunch with two associates. The actual interview was fine. Each interviewer asked about information and experience that was on my resume. The interviews were about a half hour with each interviewer and I met with a mix of partners and associates.

Interview Questions

• The questions were based on the information provided on my resume.   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Williams & Connolly (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the HR representative. She was very friendly and cordial. This was followed by an onsite interview with the hiring manager and a team member. Everyone was prompt and very friendly. We met in a small conference room. There were drinks, snack and notepads and pens. It was all very organized. I came back on another day to meet with the CIO and Deputy CIO. They were also super nice. They asked me some pointed questions about my work style and how I handled mistakes, and that was it. It was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about routing protocols and TCP port numbers. I was asked about storage area networks and how SANs are wired. I was also asked about the biggest mistake I ever made. I liked that they asked me that, and I answered honestly.   1 Answer

User Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Williams & Connolly (Washington, DC) in July 2011.

Interview

Initial Phone Interview with two rounds of on-site interviews with several key members of the IT/ HR teams. Questions were a variety of technical and personal. Technical questions requested was past project experience and working with teams to accomplish a task. The job was explained and how the information technology department functions and size. Remote options discussed as well.

Interview Questions

• What is your strength and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Williams & Connolly.

Interview

Very rigid. Expect 3 interviews and all your references called.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe each job in detail that I've had, though that wasn't much unexpected. I did not have trouble with the questions mostly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Legal Secretary Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Williams & Connolly.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very thorough and well-initiated.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Uncomplicated