Willkie Farr Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 25, 2017

2.4

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Willkie Farr (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with the Human Resources team, and filled out an application. Upon completion, I sat with someone from Humsn Resources, then was brought into an adjacent office, where I was given a word test. As my position was in IT, I needed to know how to assist users with troubleshooting corrupt documents, as well as with basic "How To" questions. After the test, I then met with the Help Desk Manager, then with the CIO. I spoke with my recruiter after the interview and received a call the same day that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• My ability to troubleshoot Word document issues, as well as my handling of difficult issues and frustrated attorneys.   Answer Question

Legal Secretary - Floater Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Willkie Farr (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. Went to 2 interviews. First included typing test and document test for Word 2013, along with interview with HR woman. Second interview was with 2 people separately. I met with the manager of legal secretaries first and then the director of legal secretaries. The first interview was about 45 minutes. It was conversational, back and forth with standard interview questions.

Legal Assistant Kind of Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Willkie Farr (Washington, DC).

Interview

Phone screen: typical interview questions. Interview with multiple people: one case style question. Another interview: for culture fit. They were very nice, but I spoke with multiple people who all ended up asking me basically the same questions, which was tiresome.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle disagreement between you and your supervisor in terms of what was needed for a specific task?   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Willkie Farr (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a two part interview. It went great. The lady said I was perfect for the job. My experience personality and job tenure. Then I had my second interview. While she was asking questions she stared the whole time. I felt uncomfortable I just brushed it off. In my opinion it went great. I answered all of her questions. I was told I was more than qualified for the job. I believe my physical appearance rendered me for getting the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult employee?
      How long have you been a Receptionist?
      What were your duties?
      1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Willkie Farr (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Everyone I came in contact with at this firm was so nice. I met with four individuals over the course of 1 day and each interview was more like really great conversation. The attorneys who work here are knowledgeable in their field and want the best for their team. They seem to treat their employees fair and like family. They have a great reputation for a reason.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Willkie Farr (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

Went to on-campus interviews, received a callback, had about six interviews in one day, nothing too surprising, then followed up with a lunch with some younger associates. It went well, got an offer within a day or two, and I followed up with some old classmates that worked there. Pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of ordinary other than interest in groups or NY.   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Willkie Farr.

Interview

After two postponement calls, I finally had the opportunity of being interviewed for a position at the Rome office. Two partners at different time of the day spent around 30 minutes to chat with me about my curriculum and professional background. I explained the reasons behind my choice of applying to the specific firm (I was thinking about a career-shift to big law) and the added value I could have brought to the practice. Even though they selected a professional with a different set of skills, I have been very pleased with the overall experience.

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Willkie Farr in April 2008.

Interview

Met with Director of legal assistant recruiting 1:1 and then 1:1 with a number of other current LAs and attorneys I would be working with. Questions were really based on my interests and experiences not behavioral type questions. Everyone I met with was very nice - but it was very much stressed that role was not a typical nine to five job and I would be expected to work long hours and on weekends and things like that