Wilson Elser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wilson Elser Interview Questions

Interviews at Wilson Elser

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wilson Elser (New York, NY).

Interview

Did one panel in -person interview in which I met with partners and of Counsel. Very straightforward interview. Usual interview questions asked by the panel. Heard about the offer in the same week as the interview.

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wilson Elser.

Interview

Routine questions and panel interview with all attorneys, and one on one interview with equity partner. It was a fun interview. The partners were interesting. I had two round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job.   1 Answer

Business Intake Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wilson Elser (New York, NY) in June 2019.

Interview

Discussed the position with a recruiter and was then asked if I would like to schedule an in person interview. Very informal and informative one on one interview with many opportunities for questions.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wilson Elser in May 2019.

Interview

I was contacted about two months after I submitted my resume. Had first interview over the telephone with the office's managing partner. I got a negative impression of him. He made assumptions about my race based off of my name, without having seen me in person and it made me uncomfortable. He seemed to be out of touch with the younger generation of lawyers and younger generation in general. I was not expecting a call back because he really didn't seem impressed by me or my resume but was called for a second interview the next day with the associates at the office I would be working.

The associates I encountered were really friendly and more pleasant than the managing partner. However the majority of the interview was spent discussing minimum billable hours. It seems like that's all they care about. Quantity over quality.

I was not offered a position but think it was for the best. However, big firms like this should at the least inform candidates after the interview if they do not intend to hire you. All they need is one generic email draft for candidates, only thing to change is the name. They know candidates have multiple interviews, it's the professional thing to do.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wilson Elser (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

I spoke to a recruiter on the phone about three days after applying. Then I was scheduled for an in person interview with the office manager, senior paralegal, and partner on the team. It was a very pleasant experience. The people working there seemed great. The partner and paralegal led most of the interview and were really interested in my experience and how it would translate to this position. It was one of the best conversations I had. I felt the right amount of pressure and comfort. Unfortunately, I had other offers with better benefits, so I decided to work elsewhere. But, it was a difficult decision as a result of the positive interview experience here. I'm sure it would have been a pleasant experience if I worked here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wilson Elser (New York, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

Great. I felt comfortable asking all my questions and confident in my abilities to answer difficult questions. I felt it was more like a casual conversation than an interview. It was a wonderful experience.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wilson Elser (Las Vegas, NV) in December 2018.

Interview

The administrator and a paralegal conducted the interview. The administrator is excellent. There was a bunch of paperwork to fill out and then there was the interview and then there was a background check and criminal checj.

Interview Questions

• The administrator and a paralegal conducted the interview. The administrator is excellent.Questions were pretty open including what’s the first thing you do when you open the file.   1 Answer
    • Would you be willing to help out with secretarial work?   1 Answer

Of Counsel Interview

Interview

I was interviewed by two partners and it lasted about an hour and a half. They were both friendly. I was put in touch with the firm by a recruiter.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience.   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wilson Elser (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

Overall the interview process moved quickly. They first had their recruiter speak to me on the phone, then I did an online interview (questions were prompted to me and my responses were recorded) and then they asked me to drive 6 hours from DC to NYC for an in-person interview.
    However, even after a 3 hour interview with multiple people where I fit the job perfectly and received very positive feedback with a "great! We look forward to the last interview leg where you'll meet the CIO!" there was radio silence. I emailed a follow-up thank you (one of the interviewers had given me her business card) and never heard back. I contacted the recruiter and all she ever said was "I haven't heard anything."
    After asking someone to drive 6 hours to have an in-person meeting a company should, at the very least, send a rejection email.
    Very unprofessional and sketchy behavior....think I might have dodged a bullet with this one!

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult. The interviewers mostly just wanted to talk about themselves and they only asked me the typical interview questions.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wilson Elser (New York, NY) in September 2018.

Interview

Received a call from HR provide a HireVue interview, upon review of the online interview was brought in for in person hiring manager and their peers. Follow-up was a direct email with CIO offer came quickly. Start to finish less than a month applied via Linked In.