WinCo Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WinCo Foods Interview Questions

Interviews at WinCo Foods

1.9

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at WinCo Foods in March 2020.

Interview

Very brief interview. Lasted about 10 minutes. They talked a little about the job, describing what it involved. Then asked if I had any questions about the job, company, hours ect.

Interview Questions

• You see a customer stealing donuts. What do you do?   1 Answer

Freight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WinCo Foods (Salem, OR) in March 2020.

Interview

Quick and easy, but very early, 5:00 a.m. interview. Meet with man who provides you paper to fill out with questions and skills review. Then one on one discussion about the store and after doing so, handshake and departure.

Interview Questions

• If taking ice cream back, and a customer make eye contact with you, what do you do?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at WinCo Foods.

Interview

It was an easy interview. They just wanted to talk about prior job experience and how I handle stress in stressful positions. They were very nice and made me feel welcome.

Night Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WinCo Foods (Ogden, UT) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview was super simple. They asked about my experience and my previous jobs, but didn't seem to care too much what the answers were. They might be a little bit desperate.

Interview Questions

• What is the most physically demanding job you've done?   1 Answer

Variety Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pocatello, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at WinCo Foods (Pocatello, ID) in December 2019.

Interview

I applied online, and a recruiter called me in about 3 days to come in for a face to face interview. While waiting to be interviewed, I filled out a questionnaire on some information about myself, and previous skills. I was interviewed by the Store manager and the department manager. They took turns asking me what if questions, and how would I respond to certain situations. I was told I would receive a phone call in 2 days on whether I got the job.

Interview Questions

• If a manager gave you a tub of Icecream to put back in freezer, and a customer stopped you to ask for help what would you do?   2 Answers

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clovis, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WinCo Foods (Clovis, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

Submitted online application, heard from a recruiter 3 weeks after. Interview was scheduled within the week. I arrived at the store, went to customer service desk to check in. The person at the customer service desk was distracted and had to wait 10 minutes before getting a questionnaire to fill out about the position. I was directed to the break room to sit and wait for my name to be called. While waiting in the break room, others were on their break as well. The floors, tables, and chairs were dirty. Employees gossiping and saying negative comments about their co-workers; it was all distracting to us interviewees. After waiting 30 min, my name was called. I was in a little room with the Bakery Supervisor and another associate of hers. Bakery Supervisor was pleasant and professional, however the other associate she had was not engaged in the interview, and when I was making eye contact with her to discussing my experience, she was look around the room and looked bored. Overall, not a great interview experience, and not a professional working environment, and was not interested in the position anymore.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw someone take a loaf of bread?   2 Answers

Overnight Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WinCo Foods.

Interview

Easy process they hire pretty much everybody but con is they hire people who aren’t qualified and unjust to do the job. Try to tell you since it’s employee owned they look out for their people but they don’t care

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gresham, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at WinCo Foods (Gresham, OR) in May 2019.

Interview

They sat me and 3 other people down in a room and described the open positions to us. They then had us fill out a few papers, and sent us to the break room until the managers were available to interview us.

The only thing is, the position is minimum wage, and they drug test in a legal state, in a city where dispensaries seem to be at every corner. The only thing drug testing does is allows the company to get to decide what you do in your free time. Plus, most people that get hired are probably faking their urine tests, meaning dishonest people are getting hired because of an outdated policy.

Variety Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WinCo Foods in May 2019.

Interview

Applied online got a call in around a week for a interview. I went in and the interview was pretty standard and the person conducting the interview was great. Had to fill out a form with questions before hand that they would go over in the interview. However they use the position as a smokescreen to try and get overnight variety stockers even though the listings say day shifts. So I had to unfortunately decline the offer.

Interview Questions

• You see someone stuff something into their pants what do you do?   Answer Question

Bulk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yuba City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WinCo Foods (Yuba City, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

Staff was very helpful instructed to wait in employee break room. Wait was not long, long enough to complete paperwork. Employers interviewing were friendly and informative. Advice for interview be prepared. Great interview from Winco, quik and professionally executed.

Interview Questions

• What was the worst job you have had and why?   1 Answer
    • What was the most difficult job you've had?   1 Answer