WinCo Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WinCo Foods Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2017

2.0

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at WinCo Foods.

Interview

The first step after applying for the job was a phone questionnaire; after passing this, an in-person interview was set up. The manager that conducted the in-person interview was unorthodox and just made small-talk conversation (he was supposed to follow a set of standard questions and he is no longer a manager).

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at WinCo Foods (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

It was a long one. Back round checks, drug tests and a long face to face interview with the Supervisor. As long as your honest with everything the process should go smoothly.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any of the interview questions.   1 Answer

Meat Cutter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WinCo Foods in April 2017.

Interview

In Oklahoma. When I got to the interview I was told that the starting pay was 12.50 for meat cutters and was not negotiable. I declined to interview because meat cutter wage average in Oklahoma is 16.50. The interviewer tried to say that benefits were great. News flash other companies offer great benefits too.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WinCo Foods (Pomona, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty relaxed. I wasn't asked anything too hard, however my interviewer had a strong accent so I did have to ask her to repeat some things. Reading sample questions before hand was very helpful.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who asked for fresh chicken because they didn't want what was out, even though you had just put it out.   Answer Question

Seafood Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WinCo Foods (Lancaster, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

applied online, got a call back for an interview a week later. sat down with two supervisors of the department. they sat there with their eyes glued to the sheet of paper they were reading from and then gave you a death stare waiting for you to answer

Interview Questions

• if a manager asked you to take some ice cream back to the freezer and on your way there you made eye contact with a customer what would you do?   1 Answer
    • they ask me to role play   1 Answer

Deli Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WinCo Foods (Bakersfield, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Simple process 5 days from application to Interview

In person at the store sit down, takes approx. 45 minutes

Casual Atmosphere, dress nicely leave your phone in the car

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job   1 Answer

Clerk/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WinCo Foods (Gilbert, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call for an open cashier position. We scheduled an interview during the phone call. Went in a couple days later and was given a questionnaire to fill out before being interviewed. Interview was nice and laid back. Very professional. Drug and background test after contingent offer of employment. I always study the company before my interviews, but as long as you are yourself and answer the questions to the best of your abilities, you'll be fine! Good luck!

Interview Questions

• A woman has just finished checking out in line and has exclaimed that she forgot her eggs. She asks if she has to wait in line again. What do you say?   2 Answers
    • Why WinCo?   Answer Question
    • What does world class customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    • What do you see as some of your challenges with the position?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you saw a customer put a box of donuts down their pants?   Answer Question
    • A manager hands you a tub of ice cream to put back in the freezer before it melts. On your way, a customer stops you and asks for help. What do you do?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have related to the position?   Answer Question
    • What did you like least about your last job?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your most challenging position.   Answer Question
    • What was the worst customer service you've received?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WinCo Foods (Sacramento, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online.
    2 weeks later received a call for an interview.
    Only one day available for interview.
    You wait in break room for manager. As you are waiting they have a paper of about 3-4 questions for you to fill out before interview starts. They also give you a job description to read through.
    Even though ad stated they are hiring two I was told they needed 3 at the interview.
    Still waiting for call back by the 1/21/17.

Interview Questions

• On paper:
      What would you do if you saw someone taking some donuts?
      What would you do if you were told to talk back some ice cream but ran into a customer?
      This one they give you choices or you can write it in.
      one more about safety or customer service.

Interview questions
      What's you experience with stocking? Have you used a pallet jack, forklift or box cutter?
      She asked about what you wrote on paper on why. From what I got they are focused on customer service, help the customer first then do you tasks.

What would you do if you weren't getting the task done at Winco ? Basically what would you do improve and how.

What do you see some of your challenges with the position?
      Name a challenge and how would you overcome.

What would you do if the aisles are blocked because of power equipment what would you do if a customer wanted a case of water?
      Be customer and safety focused.

Your availability about shift.
      You have to be open from 9pm-9am. They go by trucks schedule so you may start midnight or 9pm. Everything is already paletized so, there are only two people unloading the truck, everyone else stocks.

What do you know about the position and Winco?
      I gave a couple facts about the company, the meaning of Winco, what states they do business in exct.. Just go to Wincos front page of about them on this website or their own.

Interview was with one manager. From what I read on here people have had two.

Overall a pretty easy interview I will update when I receive a nay or yay.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at WinCo Foods (Lewisville, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I was asked basic retail questions and scenarios. This was my very first interview so I wasnt very prepared but overall it went good, probably alot better than some could go. I researched alot about the company so I knew what I was talking about and made me more prepared.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane Valley, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WinCo Foods (Spokane Valley, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Called a week after I submitted application, interviewed next day. The day after the interview I was contacted by HR who offered me the position and emailed me documents for background and drug testing. I submitted drug test and background information on the next day. The background check came back in 24 hours and I was offered to start.

Interview Questions

• What would you do it the phone is ringing the oven alarm is going off, and there is a customer waiting for assistance.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for WinCo Foods?   1 Answer