Wincanton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wincanton Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2017

Planning Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wincanton.

Interview

Applied online and was invited for an interview by email 5-6 weeks later for week after next.

1:1 interview was short and relaxed with your usual skills and previous experience questions.

Unfortunately they dont contact you after or reply to any emails asking about your application status.

Interview Questions

• How would your colleagues describe you?

How would you describe your computing skills?
      Answer Question

Regional Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worsley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wincanton (Worsley, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

General competency based questions. Found out at the interview that the role I was being interviewed for was not the one I had applied for. Different competencies and experience required, which is a shame as I had prepared based on the one I had applied for. 3 weeks on and I have received no feedback, despite emailing to ask. I feel as if my time has been disrespected, both in preparing and in attending. This was a job I was excited about. I used a days leave to attend. The lack of communication afterwards has left a sour taste in my mouth. Not good practice Wincanton.

Warehouse Operative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Accrington, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wincanton (Accrington, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied via Indeed online, invited for a 30 minute interview at the Blackburn site. Everyone I came in contact with was extremely friendly and welcoming. Upon completion of the F2F interview I completed a written task (15 minutes) found more difficult.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Wincanton (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a two tier interview process, I only got to stage one, which was competency and experience based.
    After this stage I got rejected. This was communicated with the standard one line e-mail about the high caliber of other applicants.
    After meeting in person at the interview, in my view, they should have taken the courtesy of informing me over the phone and providing feedback.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about a time when you handled a complicated ER case.   Answer Question

Warehouse Operative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doncaster, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wincanton (Doncaster, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Company and job out-lay presented to a group of 20+ applicants. Explaining the shift pattern ,do's and don'ts ,expectations and requirements. Presentation of a slide show to indicate the job specs. and Health and Safety procedures.

Finance Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wincanton.

Interview

Interviewers were very friendly and easy to talk to. Questions werent too hard. Lasted around 40mins. There was only one stage process and they let me known i got the job within a week

overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did negoiate via my agency didnt get what I wanted but job walking distance so I save in travel.

Warehouse Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wincanton (London, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

Short interview was taken by the senior manager with brief introduction on personal information, academic background and previous experiences. Some team building assessments were done to prove the better presentation.

Dispatch Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lutterworth, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wincanton (Lutterworth, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

Introduced through an Agency, 1 interview , fair questions on work history and any recent achievement's, it was informal with a set of competency based questions. I was interviewed by the contract manager and operations manager and they made me feel pretty relaxed. This was an entry level operational job so I feel the questions were more to get to know me and my work ethics.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Wincanton? and worked through job history on my CV asking job related questions.   1 Answer

Pensions Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chippenham, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wincanton (Chippenham, South West England, England (UK)) in June 2007.

Interview

Thorough and relevant. Useful exercise anyway, delighted to get job.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of our investment strategy?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Painless. Did not negotiate as full expectations met including pension scheme.