Windes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.8

Entry Level Tax Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Windes (Long Beach, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The whole process takes about 2 weeks. You will get a call to set a date for a physical interview. Their interview process is very organized. Overall, it is a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything I haven’t told you about the job or company that you would like to know?   Answer Question

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Windes (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

I spoke with two partners and one manager. It was a very free-flowing conversation about the firm and about myself. They spoke about how the firm could fit me and I spoke of how I could fit the firm.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Windes in June 2015.

Interview

As said in other reviews, their interview process is great and well-structured.

First a quick phone interview.
    Then, I had 3 one-on-one interviews with the head of HR and two partners after I got a tour of the office and facilities.
    It was really enjoyable as the company location and people are very nice.
    You can tell by talking to the employees that even if they are serious hard-worker, they have a great balanced and genuine personality and take time to bound with each other. And they are truly caring about the future of their company.

Show them that you are like them. Fun to work with but smart, curious and full of potential to unlock.

The company was founded a long time ago and have a great number of loyal customers.
    Also, their employee turnover is very low as they care about them and provide them additional training, education and seminars along with organizing outside social firm sponsored events.

I am very pleased with the offer. It was my first choice !

Audit/Busy Season Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Windes (Long Beach, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I saw that they were hiring audit interns and I looked on their website, found the HR manager's email to email her. She got back to me within a week for an interview. Interview was supposed to last 2 hours but it didn't. She gave me a tour of the office in Long Beach and interviewed me after. I had two other 1:1 interviews with the partner and senior manager. Partner was a little more professional (more serious) but nothing scary. The senior manager was absolutely fun to interview with, very welcoming and friendly. Partner was the one that made the final decision but she was the second person I had to interview with, so all the weight was off when I interviewed with the Senior Manager. This was really a personality test. Show them that you are personable and hardworking. Everyone in the office is very friendly.

I followed up two weeks after the interview and they said they only extended two internship offers, but they told me that if either of them rejects it, I would be the first one to be considered. Next day (today actually), the HR manager woke me up with her call to offer me the internship. Always follow up!

Interview Questions

• What are your core values; Do you like driving   1 Answer

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Windes (Long Beach, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn. This came out of the blue because while I had been actively recruiting for an internship position, I never considered applying prior to my graduation.

Essentially it was a fast process from that first contact. Within a week I was invited for an interview at main headquarters in Long Beach. Meanwhile, on a daily basis, I was either called or emailed. This 'special attention' definitely piqued my interest in the company.

The main office is located in downtown and the building is quite beautiful. The esthetics of the office were top-notch and would be a great place to call work. HR gave me the tour and definitely focused on the view of the water.

The first interview was with head of HR. This was a pleasant interview and focused more on my education, qualifications, availability, and typical HR issues.

The second interview was with a Tax partner. I felt she was a great example of someone that earned everything she has accomplished. She would make a great mentor. Her questions focus were broad in nature and were a more behavioral context. She did focus tremendously on my education, specifically to discern how my MST contrasts with her MST. The only other issue that stuck out at me was how she even seem to question why I was being interviewed for the tax internship. I wondered if maybe she thought I was meant to be interviewed for tax staff, or a totally different position! I asked her a lot of questions regarding her specialty and recommendations on what I should write for my Master's thesis. I walked away from that interview liking her.

The third interview was with the Tax Partner that originally contacted me on LinkedIn. He was pleasant and filled me in on why he selected me for this opportunity. It was this interview that it was clarified to me that the company traditionally does NOT have tax interns during fall busy season and that the summer interns were finishing up. I found this revelation odd, because then why was I called in? I asked him different ways to discern WHY was I called in and I inferred that if I was hired I would be like a test pilot for working fall busy season. ... Ultimately I really liked this partner. He is motivated about the future of the company and is committed to providing the best service to clients.

The fourth interview was with the senior manager. He appeared more confrontational and brash. He really focused in on the fact I went straight to graduate school after my undergraduate. He asked some very standard behavioral questions with a touch of sarcasm. He even asked me a corny behavioral question with the disclosure that he was making it up as he went along. A few times he cut me off as I spoke, and I just tried to not focus on the way this interview rapidly turned negative. The most shocking part of the interview was when his phone rang, he interrupted me to answer it. Turns out it was a personal call and NOT AN EXCUSABLE WORK-RELATED CALL. He hung up and gave me some lie about why he needed to answer it. I walked out of this last interview feeling humiliated, judged, and a total lack of respect.

Less than 24 hours I received a friendly call from the head of HR explaining that I did not get the position because they chose to go with a more qualified candidate. (Side note- I asked all 3 Tax personnel how many people were interviewed and I was told I am the only one they have interviewed for this position.)

Ultimately, I was RELIEVED I didn't receive an offer because of my interaction with the last manager. If it wasn't for that manager I would have applied, AS I ORIGINALLY PLANNED, after I graduated for a full-time tax staff position, but now I am not going to if that manager is still employed there.

Tax Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Windes (Long Beach, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with the Tax Partner and two Tax Managers. The office is located next to The Pike in Long Beach, and it has a beautiful view. The people I interviewed with are super nice and friendly. The HR manager was very helpful in answering all of my questions as well. The entire interview process was a very enjoyable process because it is a very close-knitt, family-oriented work environment.

Interview Questions

It was a far away from my home.

Staff Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Windes (Long Beach, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Basic questions, asked about the items on my resume. Met with 3 people and got tour of the facilities

Tax Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Windes (Irvine, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

I participated in three one-on-one interviews. First, a manager introduced me to the firm's history, structure, benefits, and work processes. He then asked a series of questions aimed at ascertaining the level of my technical knowledge. Second, a senior manager took a broader look at my resume and asked questions aimed at getting an overall impression of my qualifications and abilities. Third, the tax partner asked bigger questions about my dedication to graduate education, interests, goals, and career aspirations. Overall, it was a nicely structured and positive experience.

Summer Leadership Conference Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Campus (Philippines)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Windes (Campus (Philippines)) in April 2014.

Interview

Short 30 minute one on one interview. Went over my résumé like my jobs and extracurricular activities. Asked about my hobbies and what interested me, you can tell that they look more for personality then GPA. Overall great experience, I got an email after that with an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Not a difficult interview, they really just wanted to know more about me and my interests.   Answer Question

CPA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Windes in January 2009.

Interview

easy process

Interview Questions

• why did you leave your prior job   1 Answer
    • why do you want to work at W&M   1 Answer

Negotiation

easy