Winners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Winners Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.7

ASM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Winners (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

I was contacted by the TJX recruiter. We chatted on the phone and set a time to meet in person. They talked to me about the company and answered my questions. Then we scheduled a formal interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• My interview was more of a conversation than a question-answer style situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was very motivated to get in with the company so I accepted the first offer that I received. The offer was very close to my original asking.

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Winners.

Interview

They called me for an interview. The manager who interviewed me was very positive, friendly and concrete. Her questions were geared toward the customer service experience I had as well as toward my people skills.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever shopped in our stores and what is your impression of the service?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Winners (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The store manager who interviewed me was really nice. The interview itself was about 30 minutes, mostly standard question like:
    -tell me about your previous work experience
    -tell me about yourself
    -tell me about the time you dealt with rude customer
    -tell me about your most stressful day at work
    Etc.

Overall, I enjoyed to work there. The atmosphere within the store was nice, coworkers and management are friendly and supportive.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Winners (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online. Got a call about 2 weeks later for an interview. Had to wait around as when I got there for a 10 am interview all the employees were having a team meeting or something. Finally went up to let them know I was there. The person who called me apparently didn't tell the interviewer that I was coming as she was confused at first. Then I had to fill out another application, that asks everything that was on my resume anyway. Finished that, taken to office to answer questions. The actual interview was about 30 mins minus the time I had to wait and fill out the application. Had to give another copy of my resume over as well.

Interview Questions

• At what time/situation would it be ok to NOT follow procedure?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had a high pressure situation and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Winners (London, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received phone call for interview after few months, I was interviewed by the store manager and the whole process approximately took thirty minutes, all scenario questions, I have been told to get the feedback in one or two weeks, haven't received any response yet.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time you deal with the tough customers, how did you do and what it ended up with?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thornhill, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Winners (Thornhill, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Filled out an application in store, got a call a week later asking to come in for an interview. Hiring manager was very nice and made me feel comfortable. Asked some basic questions about work experience as well as situational.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a disagreement with a manager and what you did to solve it.   Answer Question

Sale Assosiet Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Winners (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was one by one and the person who had intewiew with it was the hiring person she asked me a lot of questions about my previous job and challenge question it was a little difficult for me because I did not expect those questions

Interview Questions

• When you see the safety hazard what you will do   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Winners in June 2016.

Interview

Applied in person and filled out an application. 2 days later I received a call from one of the managers asking if I would like to come in for an interview. It was scheduled for the next day in the afternoon. The interview went smooth. It felt very laid back, easy-going and simple. It started off with the basics; uniform, policies, pay, hours, etc. Then moved onto the actual interview portion. The manager made it clear that the questions are ALL situational/behaviour/skill type questions. There was a total of approx. 10 questions. Practice answering the questions mentioned by others on here, you'll benefit. Remember to always refer back to your skills and why YOU make the perfect candidate, despite the question being very broad. While it may seem like a test, remain calm and laid back. The interview ended with many laughs and jokes while still providing professional and sufficient answers to win the manager over. Also, they rely heavily on the references. So make sure to have good ones.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to take on a role of leadership?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever disagreed with your coworkers/boss? What did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to work in a group/team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

P/T Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Winners (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Quick and Simple.The interview lasted for 1 hour. There were lots of standard retail related situational questions. Honestly it felt too long for just a minimum wage job. My interviewer was good. If you are selected you would have to attend a two days orientation which seems bit long. They just go over their customer service and Health & Safety policies.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you dealt with an unhappy customer?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I interviewed at Winners in May 2016.

Interview

I had interview with very nice women. She was very easy going, and she just asked me about sales experience and how you can handle good and though customer. Also to be multi task is very important to them.

Interview Questions

• What was your toughest day at your previous job?   1 Answer