Winners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Winners Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2017

2.7

Associate Interview

Interview

Interview with manager in person
    Ask few question
    Easy to get job

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Winners.

Interview

I had a interview with Sonal from winners (hr recruiter). It was horrible and she should not be conducting interviews on behalf of TJX. During the interview she had a rude tone in her voice and didn't get me excited about TJX at all. If she didn't understand some of the terminology we use at my current job (regular retail terminology!) she would sound as if she got frustrated and interrupt me and say "I don't understand what your saying" instead of letting me continue and explain. I am a manager and conduct regular interviews. This interview made me want to hang up the phone. I felt like she was talking above me during the whole telephone call.

Interview Questions

• All of them were "tell me about a time" questions almost all relevant to one another for 30 minutes.....   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Interview

Process took a couple months, sent in resume and was called in for an one on one interview. Interviewer was nice. Had to fill out a job application form up front

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Winners (Markham, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call about a day later. The person on the phone asked me basic questions such as my availability and sheduled an interview with a hiring manager the next morning. I was also told to prepare three references. I arrived early to fill out an application before the interview, but the hiring manager come out like 20 minutes late from our sheduled time, I understand they're busy but it wasn't a good impression.

The interview questions were very standardized. They consisted mostly of scenerios and what you would do if you were in a certain situation. Overall, the interview was pretty chill, but the hiring manager just did not look interested at all. He said he would call my references, he never did.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Winners (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

I dropped off my resume at store and within 1 week I got a call for interview. The interview was for 20 minutes. It was nice interview. After weeks I got offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• 1. How Do You Handle Stress?
      2. Tell me a time you got good customer service
      3. Tell me about a time you went out of your way to service a customer?
      And so many questions   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Regina, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Winners (Regina, SK (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

I went for the Open house, and was greeted at the door. The staff at winners is really friendly and welcoming. I felt very much at ease and go through the interview easily.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you faced a difficult customer and how did you handle it   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you went out of your way to service a customer   Answer Question

ASM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Winners (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

I was contacted by the TJX recruiter. We chatted on the phone and set a time to meet in person. They talked to me about the company and answered my questions. Then we scheduled a formal interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• My interview was more of a conversation than a question-answer style situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was very motivated to get in with the company so I accepted the first offer that I received. The offer was very close to my original asking.

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Winners.

Interview

They called me for an interview. The manager who interviewed me was very positive, friendly and concrete. Her questions were geared toward the customer service experience I had as well as toward my people skills.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever shopped in our stores and what is your impression of the service?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Winners (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The store manager who interviewed me was really nice. The interview itself was about 30 minutes, mostly standard question like:
    -tell me about your previous work experience
    -tell me about yourself
    -tell me about the time you dealt with rude customer
    -tell me about your most stressful day at work
    Etc.

Overall, I enjoyed to work there. The atmosphere within the store was nice, coworkers and management are friendly and supportive.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Regina, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Winners (Regina, SK (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied in store . Same day got call and my interview was scheduled after one day . It was easy customer service questions .Two managers took my interview and It was easy interview and i got job on the same day . Management and staff is so polite and helpful . it is busy store and every day you get chance to learn something new .