WithumSmith + Brown Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at WithumSmith + Brown

2.7

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WithumSmith + Brown (Bethesda, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

it was a quick. HR was very friendly and responsive. I had a phone interview and an office visit followed. I was interviewed by two people during the office invterview

Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WithumSmith + Brown (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

My resume was forwarded to a partner at the firm. That same partner and a senior manager contacted me via email, to coordinate a time and date for an onsite interview as my skills aligned with a hiring need. The interview was predominately conversational. I met with three separate senior managers operating out of the New York practice. Each manager was candid about the culture, their experience at the firm as well as their expectations for a new hire. I felt comfortable with these individuals, established a nice rapport and ultimately decided to move forward and sign on with Withum.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself and your experience?   1 Answer
    • What areas of an engagement have you been responsible for? Did you oversee other staff members on such engagements?   1 Answer

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WithumSmith + Brown (Washington, DC).

Interview

Easy, partner and managers asked questions of my experience and I was able to answer thoroughly after answering few questions interview was over and not long of a waiting period.

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WithumSmith + Brown (New Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

The interview was pleasant. I met with two senior managers, but they were really laid back. The interview was more of a conversation. No behavioral questions. I was introduced to a few of the staff and partners. About a week later I received an offer, and the week after that I accepted their offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview first and than an in person interview a couple weeks later at their office. They called a few days later and made an offer which I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at WithumSmith + Brown (New York, NY).

Interview

conversational style
    the interviewer spent half of the time talk about the culture of the company and her experience
    no behavioral questions and i got the result 5 days after the first round interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WithumSmith + Brown (New York, NY) in September 2018.

Interview

Applied through campus and got an interview invite.

Just 2 days before the interview, which was on Tuesday, the partner sends out an email on Sunday inviting everyone to a dinner Monday night and to RSVP ASAP. The entire dinner was a cringe-worthy experience where I was seated with an associate and 3 other colleagues and had to engage in forced conversation for 2 hours.

On the interview day, the associate I was having dinner with was supposed to be the greeter and actually talk to the candidates to help ease their nerves; however, she sat on her laptop the entire time ignoring everyone. I interviewed with the Partner and the Q&A just seemed very disorganized. Only asked me 1 behavioral/situational question while the rest of the interview was just arbitrary.

Took them over 3 weeks to get back with a response-- by then I already knew it was going to be a no.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a difficulty with a group partner in a project?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at WithumSmith + Brown.

Interview

Interview was standard behavioral questions and telling about the culture of the firm. However, the interviewer was extremely unprofessional and wanted to know specifically what other firms I was interviewing with which made me extremely uncomfortable. Furthermore, they sent me a rejection email with the wrong school on it which shows the lack of respect they have for candidates.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WithumSmith + Brown (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

First I applied through my colleges website, then I had an on campus interview with a staff member. They emailed me letting me know I was chosen to have a second interview on site. Went to the company location and had interviews with 3 senior members and went out to lunch with other staff

Interview Questions

• Strengths and Weakness, About myself, About my employment history   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WithumSmith + Brown (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Withum received my resume and called me in for an interview. I came in to the NY office and was interviewed by a Partner who was very nice and not intimidating but did a great job at assessing the full range of my tax knowledge and experience. A Tax Supervisor then interviewed me and discussed the company culture with me. Two weeks later they gave me an offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to elaborate on certain tax concepts, such as Passive Losses   1 Answer