Wood Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 23, 2017

2.4

Technical Engineering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wood Group (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Submitted my resume, shortly after I received a phone call from HR. I requested an email so I could provide and submitted relevant information. Followed by getting scheduled for an interview date at their office location.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wood Group (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Application, two phone interviews and one follow up, travel to corporate office for face to face with Director and VP , verbal job offer, initial written offer, negotiate terms, final written offer, hired.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to travel?   1 Answer

Facilities Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wood Group (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter at our campus career fair. They contacted me a few weeks later, and I had a 30 minute on-campus interview. It was an extremely casual interview, and he only asked me 2-3 questions. I then had an on-site interview. I had 3-4 30 minute interviews with different team members. They never asked me any "interview"-style questions. Instead it was more like a meet and greet. We talked about the position, company, industry, and personal interests. We then had lunch with the interviewers and the other interviewees. Shortly after the interview, I had a scheduled phone call with HR to discuss salary and other logistics. I didn't hear back for a few weeks. I asked for an update, and they eventually let me know I didn't get an offer.

Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wood Group (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

It was back in the good old days with Global Performance/Mustang Engineering, before being acquired by Wood Group. I walked in and introduced my self and the reason I was there, handed my resume to the manager in charge and I didn't give them a chance to say anything. I gave them a good and professional presentation and they hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• When can you start, (my resume said it all)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Quick

Production Operator B Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wood Group (Lafayette, LA) in June 2016.

Interview

I had spoken with the HR lady over the phone and explained that I have five years experience but I've only worked on land. She said that she wanted to see what I knew and we scheduled a time where I could come in and take some tests. I passed the test for the C operator first since she thought I wouldn't know much without ever going offshore. I then passed the B operator test and did even a few points higher than the C test. So unless the test is faulty it said I had the knowledge to go offshore but she still felt like I was a C operator since I wasn't familiar with some of the safety systems which I understand. She then put my resume in the data base and we went our separate ways. We talked for a long time about random things that weren't even work related and she made me feel very relaxed like it wasn't even an interview. This was last week and I haven't heard anything back from them. I can say one thing about this company that I've noticed... If you search for rig zone jobs in Lafayette you will see that WGPSN has openings. And if you receive notifications from them you will see the same positions being posted every day. For instance this operator position has been being posted almost daily for a month now. There's no way they aren't finding experienced qualified candidates in Lafayette to work in the gulf. I mean the requirement alone is T-2 certified and 2+ years. That applies to thousands of displaced guys around this area. So my opinion about this is... The HR department is actively searching out candidates and leaving a paper trail in order to keep their own jobs during this oilfield downturn and make it appear they are still of use. Also when they do decide to hire for positions their database will be so full of resumes that they wont have to wait for people to come in for interviews.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you need?   1 Answer

Project Controls Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wood Group.

Interview

Typical one on one interview set up. Very easy, relaxed and informal. The person I interviewed with was fairly high ranking and our time was short. Was called back a few days later and given an offer letter. Meeting with others came after job was accepted.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wood Group in November 2015.

Interview

Confusing! The interviewer seems to be puzzle as she was supposed to be my second interview. We walk through over the resume month end process and we talked about my previous experience. Then I met whom would be my direct supervisor. We connected because we had a similar background. However, I never heard back from them and later on I found out the position was frozen.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wood Group (Houston, TX).

Interview

I got called by the human resources department and asked to go on site interview. Very good, some technical questions and behavior questions. Interview with 2 hiring managers, offered interview soon after. The entire process was less than 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging projects you've worked on.   Answer Question

Instrument Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wood Group (Houston, TX).

Interview

1st- Interview at school. 2nd- Met with management and other engineers. Heard back within a few weeks. Be yourself and be honest. Pretty straight forward process. Friendly staff who want to get to know you. Become familiar with the company and be ready to have lots of questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions about WGM that you would like to have answered?   Answer Question

Electrical Commissioning Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wood Group (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

- Very uneventful as I was pre-approved by the client who was requesting my services. My employer pretty much performed the interview after I interview with the client directly. I only had to negotiate the salary with my employer.