Woolpert Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Woolpert Interview Questions

2.8

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Woolpert.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and a 4 hour in-person interview. A few days later, I was told that they were going to make me an offer. After 2+ months of waiting and continued promises that an offer was forthcoming, they finally rescinded the potential offer due to "internal restructuring."

Interview Questions

Woolpert Response

Aug 23, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

The Woolpert interview team gives full consideration to all internal and external qualified applicants that apply for open positions. In addition, we take necessary steps to conduct a thorough... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Woolpert.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call a week or so later from a recruiter and had a quick little interview. The next week I had a short interview with the project manager I would be working for and got hired then. Overall it was a pretty simple and straightforward process that didn't take very long

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Woolpert.

Interview

I was notified by the School of Civil Egineering to submit a resume for an internship position. I sent in my resume directly to the contact that was provided in the email, and they reached out to me in about a week offering an on-campus interview. After the on-campus interview, I was contacted by a specific office and came in there to interview with the office director. They offered me an internship about a week after that.

Interview Questions

• What past experiences make you qualified for this position?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Woolpert in November 2014.

Interview

I applied for a position in the fall of 2014 and was contacted by an external recruiter. We set up a phone interview. Between the time of me applying for the position, which I'll call Job 1, and the phone interview for it, the company posted a more advanced, management-level position that I was also qualified for, which I'll call Job 2. So as to be considered for both, I applied online for Job 2.

I did the phone interview with the recruiter for Job 1, and mentioned Job 2, which she was familiar with, but didn't seem to realize had been posted.

A few days passed, and the recruiter emailed me to set up an on-site interview with the hiring manager, who is a vice president. She then needed to reschedule me for a few days later, which was fine.

However, I wasn't sure which of the two positions the vice president was interviewing me for (perhaps both and he would decide which I was best for?), so I confirmed with the recruiter it was Job 1--the more junior role.

When I arrived on-site, the vice president's assistant greeted me by a different name from my own and assumed I was there to interview for Job 3, a position I hadn't heard of, wasn't qualified for and isn't even in my field. Obviously, there had been some mistake.

I gave my name and what I thought was there for, and the assistant called the recruiter to confirm how to proceed.

The vice president was a few minutes late, but we did have a good discussion, and it was evident he was interviewing me for Job 2 (the more senior-level one).

I called the vice president about two weeks later; he said he was in a meeting and would call me back. He didn't. I called again several days later, and he said he had completed first round interviews of seven people and that "One candidate really shined. It's not you." I honestly don't believe he intended the comment to have any particular weight; he's just not the type of person who thinks through how things might sound before he says them.

Straining my eyes in the dim wattage my low shine provides, I managed to see well enough to dial his number again and check the progress of the search a few weeks later. Woolpert was true to form; he thought I was asking about a job in a city I had not interviewed for, then thought I was asking about Job 3 from above.

When we got straight the job I was asking about, he explained he thought the recruiter had communicated to candidates that the position had been filled. She hadn’t.

Hopefully the new person(s) will go a long way toward smoothing the communications and hiring process in the future.

Interview Questions

• I can't think of anything particularly difficult or unexpected, other than showing up for the interview at the appointed day and time and being called by name other than my own and assumed to be there for a job I hadn't applied for.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Woolpert.

Interview

Had a 30 minute phone interview. Then, after about a week, made it to an on-site interview at their office. The on-site interview was about an hour and a half. After about a week a written offer was received.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in two years (professionally)?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate a little bit. Not a lot of wiggle room.

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Woolpert.

Interview

One phone interview which was slightly informal. Completed the application process on the company website. Had a second phone interview and finally completed job acceptance paper work through the company website.

Interview Questions

• What salary would you require to accept a job offer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Poor and disappointing. Verbal and email offers were both higher than the official offer letter received. Difficult negotiating salary when it isn't with a person that can make a final decision.

Technical Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Woolpert (Dayton, OH) in June 2012.

Interview

It was good, there were a number of people that took place in the interview process that took about two hours. The on-boarding process could use some work, it was not very good.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do yo have with AutoCAD?   1 Answer

LiDAR Geospatial Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Woolpert (Dayton, OH) in March 2011.

Interview

I was asked several technical questions which were primarily about my past experience in a similar position. I was then given a moderately detailed description about the position. At the end of the interview I was told that I would be contacted by the hiring manager the following week. This never happened and the interviewer never returned any of my emails or phone calls.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Woolpert in November 2009.

Interview

Began with recommendation by a past business associate
    Contacted by Woolpert partner (Company was second largest design services parnership in the US at the time)
    Scheduled interview
    Review of my credentials and past work; interview lasted approximatley 45 minutes. then followed with tour of offices for another 20 minutes or so.
    Received letter offer next day
    Negotiated a few terms amd signed three days later.

Interview Questions

• No questions were presented as real 'posers'. They were anxious to hire me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary and signing bouns were both negotiable

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Woolpert (Orlando, FL) in January 2009.

Interview

You sit down with a couple of execs who ask what you specifically like to do in regards to the field itself. However, they may simply frame the question as "What do you like to do?" Do NOT answer in terms of what you like to do personally (e.g. cooking, fishing, etc.). Tends to be a laid back atmosphere when discussing the job. No technical questions asked.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do? (In terms of your work, not personal life)   1 Answer

Negotiation

No opportunity to negotiate really.