WordStream Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WordStream Interview Questions

Interviews at WordStream

2.7

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at WordStream.

Interview

Initially referred by an internal person to the team. Recruiter rescheduled the first call then was 5 minutes late on the phone screen. Generic interview questions were asked regarding my ability to handle
    Transactional sales cycle. No red flags came up and my
    Experience matches what they claim to be looking for. Recruiter seemed disengaged and I would have preferred to speak with someone on the Sales team. She claimed to be a part of the customer support recruitment team but helped out with sales sometimes. Just kept telling me how “fun” it is on the sales floor and how high the energy is. Quota was $3500 MRR only so not sure if i was deemed to be too expensive before we even spoke about salary ranges.... very disappointed with the recruiting process and Wordstream should have stronger first points of contact with candidates to maintain their high rating.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about transactional sales?   1 Answer

WordStream Response

Mar 18, 2020 – People Success Team

Thank you for your interest in WordStream and taking the time to share your feedback on your candidate experience -- this helps us constantly evolve and improve upon our current hiring process. We strive to give our candidates a best-in-class experience!
    We do receive a high volume of applicants and referrals for our open roles. Our Talent Acquisition team is responsible for being the first-point of contact, in the efforts of screening for skills and experience -- and to answer any of your questions about WordStream as an organization. We are disappointed to learn that you didn’t find that phone interview to be engaging, but we’ve received your feedback and are working with our Talent Acquisition team to ensure that our Recruiters are armed with the necessary information that job seekers are interested in learning about on the initial phone interview.
    In addition to this action, we always welcome the opportunity to connect live to understand more about your experience and can be reached at peoplesuccess@wordstream.com.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WordStream.

Interview

HR very disorganized and missed my call several times. Recruiter was very pretentious over the phone and has a fairytale of the ideal candidate in her head and doesn't care about what you say if it doesn't match up. I manage over a billion dollars in asset but if you don't manage 200 accounts for Bob and Sally, it doesn't matter. HR soloy dialed in on numbers alone and doesn't understand there are other ways to measure success. I make 10k more than the role I was applying for and still was told I should look into more entry level ones than the one I applied for.

Internship Interview

Interview

The interview process began with a phone call with an employee of the department. It then materialized into an in-person interview at their office. The process was simple and well defined.

Product Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WordStream.

Interview

WordStream's behavior in this process was absolutely disgusting. I passed through a quick phone screen with a team member. Five days later, I was informed that I was moving on to the next round, which would be a Skype interview with the team. They requested availability, and I provided it. Six days later, they respond saying that I am no longer being considered for the position. This was an incredible waste of time.
    WordStream should be ashamed.

WordStream Response

Apr 11, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Partner

We're sorry to hear that you had a negative experience in the application process for the Product Data Analyst Internship position. Our intern positions are highly competitive, and candidates' resumes go through multiple reviews during the application process. In this case, you passed through the initial screening, but weren't selected for the 2nd interview. The Hiring Manager did reach out with this decision, but we're happy to answer any questions that you may have about the process. We are constantly striving to improve our process and your perspective is important to us. We will reach out to you to learn more about your experience.

Product Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WordStream in April 2019.

Interview

I think is a horribly inconsiderate move for a company to conduct a phone interview, tell the interviewer that they've moved onto the next step of the process: a face to face group interview with the team, ask for the applicant's availability for the next week, not respond for almost a week, then turn the applicant down in a short email that barely explains anything. The email didn't even say that they had already filled the position and it doesn't make sense for a company to ask for availability then reject you.

Customer Success Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WordStream (Boston, MA) in April 2019.

Interview

Very professional process. Phone screening then in person interview with four team members (all laid out via email prior to coming into the office). Interview was scheduled for an hour with two groups of two, each group with one hiring manager. Asked very basic questions.

Customer Success Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WordStream (Boston, MA) in January 2019.

Interview

There were a number of emails and phone calls exchanged before the first interview, which was conducted over the phone. The first interview was your standard phone screen, then the second was with the division manager. Finally and in-person interview was conducted followed by a reference check.

Interview Questions

• What is one unusual work situation you've had to deal with and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WordStream (Nashua, NH) in June 2018.

Interview

Lengthy in person interview that lasted four hours. Technical questions were simple scenario based and you could use UML. While they said they were open to flexibility in work schedule, in reality they were not.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would architect a system to provide real-time data to a sales manager from leads on a website   Answer Question

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WordStream (Boston, MA).

Interview

I should mention that I actually applied for a different position at WordStream, however due to their selection of someone else, I didn't get the job. That being said, they did say that they'd keep me in mind for the future if another position opens up - which turned out to be true!

Two weeks later it was clear to me that I had made an impression when they reached out to me to see if I'd be interested in applying for a position that had just opened up. I said yes and asked for a call with the manager to talk about the position in more depth. After a call with them, a 2-hour interview, and an informal video chat "test" of my knowledge, I was asked for references and ultimately given an offer.

Overall, I'm seriously impressed with the way everyone at WordStream carries and presents themselves. Between the flexibility of the recruiting staff, the friendliness of everyone I talked to (including a Senior VP!), and the professionalism of everyone I had the pleasure of interacting with I'm truly counting down the days until I start.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain digital marketing to a 5-year-old?   Answer Question
    • What is an example of a problem you ran into, and how did you overcome it? How about one that you were at fault for?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want this job, and why should we choose you?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WordStream (Boston, MA) in May 2018.

Interview

Not very good interview process. Had their sales manager and one rep on the team interview. They said they liked me and was told there would either be another round or interviews or i would get an offer. lied and just said no offer. Missed out on great talent

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer