World Book Interview Questions | Glassdoor

World Book Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.3

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at World Book.

Interview

Interview process was easy and seamless. Not a typical process, I worked directly with Prez. and VP. I was scouted directly from professional networking group. Two people involved in the process along with HR, post hire.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at World Book (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Professional, thorough and on point! The recruiting team works closely with top mgt and the hr department. Made me feel really great about eventually working for World Book.

Associate Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at World Book (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

Two, three hour long interviews that went very well. Talked to HR manager who told me they were working on budget and I would hear from them in a week, and they were very interested in my skills. Then never heard anything. Three months later they called and told me they had a position open that I would be good for. After that long, and the poor HR management, I was no longer interested.

Interview Questions

• Had to perform an editing test, which was immediately graded in front of you   1 Answer

Middle Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at World Book (Chicago, IL).

Interview

2 phone interviews, 2 face to face with HR, 2 face to face with VP. No difficult questions asked, very baseline stuff.

Negotiation

Asked for double the vacation time because salary was so low.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at World Book (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

There was a brief 20 minute phone interview with HR manager where she asked about my background and basic skills. Then she followed up and sent me + 2 copywriting take-home tests to bring to in-person interview, which I had 3 days to complete. I then went in for a 1-hour in-person interview with Marketing Manager, and then 15 minutes with the VP of Sales.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at World Book (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

hr phone interview with java questions ... I got 1 of 5 wrong. Then one-on-one with technical manager who asked me to write a sample method on a whiteboard in his tight cluttered office. The bulk of their IT is in India. Wanted to add 1 local resource for miscellaneous tasks. Small office in Michigan ave building. Would not have accepted an offer.

Junior QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at World Book.

Interview

Phone interview was very straight forward. Just talked about previews work experience and salary.

Second interview was face - to - face with HR Director, IT Manager, and Vice President of Marketing and Sales department. Once again it was very straight forward. Easy!!!