World Health Organization Interview Questions | Glassdoor

World Health Organization Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

Team Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at World Health Organization.

Interview

I emailed the person I wanted to work with directly. After speaking with them on the phone to describe my experience, they scheduled a second interview with me. During this interview, I created a presentation on the topic I wanted to work on and presented it to the the higher-ups in the department. From there they decided who I would be best to work with, and then I spoke with them to define the internship and the deliverables.

Interview Questions

• How I translate domestic experience to the international health space.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at World Health Organization in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and through one staff to be his assistant. I talked about my personal experiences and the staff talked about what kind of project he was working on.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at World Health Organization (Washington, DC) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I was asked few questions on the phone. Interviewer was very respectful, and humble. After interview, it took two day when I received an acceptance letter from WHO. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about my academic background, about WHO, and what I expect from the internship.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at World Health Organization in April 2013.

Interview

I reached out to a technical officer on Linkedin and he asked me to send him my resume and cover letter which I did. A month later, I received a phone call from HR to tell me that I had been selected for the internship.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what kind of project I would like to be involved in and If I had any experience in my area of interest.   Answer Question

Procurement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at World Health Organization (Washington, DC) in May 2011.

Interview

You apply online through the website. It takes about 2 to 3 months to move to the next phase, that is a timed skills test. After the test it takes about 1 month to move to the next phase, which was a panel interview. After that you get an offer or not (it takes about 2 months to have a reply).

Technical Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at World Health Organization (Geneva (Switzerland)) in March 2016.

Interview

First a 2 hour written test, followed by a four person panel videoconference interview. The written test was scenario-based and looked at your technical abilities and public health knowledge relevant to the job. It involved 3 essay-type questions. The panel interview was very structured, they give you a booklet beforehand to help you prepare for the questions. The questions are competency-based, meaning they test your past experience dealing with situations you would be dealing with in the job (e.g. if you are meant to be writing papers, experience writing papers in the past, pretty straightforward). You are also expected to give answers in a specific format so that you can better outline your skills (e.g. explain the situation, define the problem or task at hand, explain your thoughts and actions during the task, describe the results).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation - salary was already pre-defined.

Finance Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at World Health Organization (Geneva (Switzerland)) in October 2015.

Interview

It was specific to the performance as Finance Assistant.The interviewer was testing on Personalty and skills on this Job.It was through a panel of HR assistant and Hiring manager.The question were clear enough and specific on prior performance.

Interview Questions

• What was your achievement as a Finance Assistant   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at World Health Organization (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online for an internship position in November 2014, and it said online that if you had not received a response for the application in a month or two then that meant you were not in the process. However, in March I received an email that I was shortlisted. I believe that in the department that I applied there were 4-5 candidates shortlisted and 2-3 would be selected. After a 30 minute Skype interview, which was mainly technical questions and a review of my skills and my interests. The interviewer wanted to see if my skills and interests matched with their projects for the summer, and my passion for healthcare. It was not difficult, but the interviewer made it a lot easier and I felt more comfortable because I had prepared a lot before as well. After a month I received confirmation that I was accepted to the internship program,

Interview Questions

• What project would you be interested in working on?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at World Health Organization (Geneva (Switzerland)).

Interview

I applied online through the web application portal, and then was contacted by email about a month and a half later from the specific department for a 1-1 phone interview. It lasted about 20 minutes, and had standard interview questions-- why you want to intern at WHO, why you're interested in health issues, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe your ability to work independently without supervision.   Answer Question

Post Graduate Intern Interview

Interview

Was Selected for the Internship through a Selection programme in my school, Submitted my CV and enrolled online. Got a Phone and Face to Face Interview. Everything went well and worked at the Department of Maternal Newborn and Child Health in Geneva for a duration of Six Months