World Journal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at World Journal

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at World Journal (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and went in for the 1st round of interview in 2 days after submitting my resume. Interviewed with the CEO for about an hour and a half, mostly asked questions about my background and work experiences (focused on the part he find unique, so only a small part of my resume); then explained the role and the transition they're going through, and asked for my opinion on their current marketing approach...it was less of an interview at this point and more of a brainstorming session.
    2nd round of interview was with president and CEO together. Lasted for nearly an hour, and the president asked most of the questions, focused on my experiences in marketing and what I can do for the company. After that I waited in another room while they discussed for 10 minutes, then CEO came back and discussed salary. A very "skilled" negotiation that subtly low-balled me, and made me yield to their terms.
    Overall it was a positive interview experience because the interviewers were friendly and easy to talk to, but the negotiation part was a disappointment.

Interview Questions

• What do you seek in this job? Why are you interested in marketing?   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitestone, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at World Journal (Whitestone, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Pretty simple two interviews with a marketing manager and HR recruiter. They just ask you some simple questions about your education background and working experience. Looks like they are in a rush.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself; Do you have any relevant working experience?   Answer Question

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at World Journal (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

A written test before some casual talk with direct supervisor. Then taken to meet chief editor. He would talk you out of working there, saying Newspaper is dying, blah blah

Interview Questions

• Do you know we don't pay well here? Can you accept the low pay?   Answer Question