World Journal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at World Journal

2.4

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Millbrae, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at World Journal (Millbrae, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Ask some technical questions and need to do a technical test. It is a hard job for three time shift. Need to do more job than other simple it support.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitestone, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at World Journal (Whitestone, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Pretty simple two interviews with a marketing manager and HR recruiter. They just ask you some simple questions about your education background and working experience. Looks like they are in a rush.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself; Do you have any relevant working experience?   Answer Question

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at World Journal (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

A written test before some casual talk with direct supervisor. Then taken to meet chief editor. He would talk you out of working there, saying Newspaper is dying, blah blah

Interview Questions

• Do you know we don't pay well here? Can you accept the low pay?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Millbrae, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at World Journal (Millbrae, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I just got a phone call from the manager after I applied this role online about 3 days. It looks like very urgent and wants me to replace this position. When I arrived, the manager ask me to do a test. It's about making an advertising of restaurant by using Adobe Indesign. He gave me some images and text. The goal is that show your technic and creativity. After done, you need to print it the size they require. The manager will use the ad you create and ask you some questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience of print and making an ad?   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at World Journal (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and went in for the 1st round of interview in 2 days after submitting my resume. Interviewed with the CEO for about an hour and a half, mostly asked questions about my background and work experiences (focused on the part he find unique, so only a small part of my resume); then explained the role and the transition they're going through, and asked for my opinion on their current marketing approach...it was less of an interview at this point and more of a brainstorming session.
    2nd round of interview was with president and CEO together. Lasted for nearly an hour, and the president asked most of the questions, focused on my experiences in marketing and what I can do for the company. After that I waited in another room while they discussed for 10 minutes, then CEO came back and discussed salary. A very "skilled" negotiation that subtly low-balled me, and made me yield to their terms.
    Overall it was a positive interview experience because the interviewers were friendly and easy to talk to, but the negotiation part was a disappointment.

Interview Questions

• What do you seek in this job? Why are you interested in marketing?   Answer Question