World Wide Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

World Wide Technology Interview Questions

Interviews at World Wide Technology

2.8

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at World Wide Technology.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn and received an email a day or so later from the recruiter. Then I was setup for a phone screening following with two separate interviews by the team. The last interview lasted about 2.5 hours. It was divided into two separate sessions with a 15 min break in between. All the interviewers were super nice. The best part was the recruiter. She was awesome and very informative.

Interview Questions

World Wide Technology Response

May 14, 2020 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you and welcome!

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at World Wide Technology.

Interview

Everything was done remotely via video chat which allowed for you to interact with people from offices from a myriad of cities. There were three interviews, the first was one-on-one behavioral, second was two one-on-one case studies, and the third was a culture fit with multiple interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Typical consulting behavioral questions, why WWT, why consulting, what do you contribute to a team environment, etc...   Answer Question

May 14, 2020 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you for joining us and for this feedback.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at World Wide Technology.

Interview

Very collaborative and relaxed. It didn't really feel like a interview at all, which was nice considering that I interview people all day in my normal role. I really got a feel for the team that I would work with someday!

Interview Questions

World Wide Technology Response

Apr 9, 2020 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you and welcome to the team!

AR Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryland Heights, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at World Wide Technology (Maryland Heights, MO) in March 2020.

Interview

I was interviewed by two managers. However, one of them sucked and smacked on a jolly rancher the entire time. She briefly discussed the job duties as an A/R specialist to never ask their clients to pay invoices!? She never smiled, she was not enthused to meet a potential team member, nor was she interested in anything I had to say. She had no intentions on walking me out after the meeting (which she didn’t). I remained positive despite the unprofessionalism. The Sr. Lead Recruiter overall was my best highlight of WWT. She described the culture, diversity, and the experience perfectly. It’s just unfortunate that I met two managers that didn’t demonstrate the leadership and core values of WWT.

Interview Questions

World Wide Technology Response

Mar 20, 2020 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you and obviously this is concerning. I will make sure your feedback is shared. I'm sorry. Thanks again.

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at World Wide Technology in February 2020.

Interview

Applied to website, after a month or so a recruiter contacted to schedule a call. Had about 45 mins call to explain my cv and experience. Recruiter also explained the job and duties. Was promised by recruiter to get a follow up with hiring manager, but never received any. Also emailed the recruiter about follow up but didnt get any response. If you dont want to follow up someone, just drop an email saying that or arrange an auto response for rejection. Please be more professional!

Interview Questions

• Explain your current role etc   1 Answer

Mar 3, 2020 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thanks. Agree, this could have been handled more professionally. I'm sorry for the negative experience and will share with the team.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at World Wide Technology (Austin, TX) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied through a referral and the process was/has been going on for two months. Phone screened by a recruiter, onsite interview with a manager and one who is in the position. Made it to another round of interviews and was told this was the final round. The interview was with another manager and two other Program Managers. The manager said a decision was going to be made in one week and it has now been 2 1/2 weeks since my last interview. The recruiter says she has no idea what is going on and I have not heard anything in about 10 days. The interviews were positive but overall negative because there is a complete lack of communication.
    Still waiting but I assume they have moved on.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult clients?   1 Answer

Mar 3, 2020 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

I will check into this and I apologize.

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at World Wide Technology (Plano, TX) in February 2020.

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter
    1 video call with two people
    1 phone call with two hiring managers
    1 on-site in St. Louis consisted of 2-hour skills interview (role play - 4 people), 30-min office tour, and 1-hour culture fit interview (3 people)

The on-site interview consisted of a role play attempting to identify your strengths and weaknesses but ultimately you are bring tested on how many questions you ask to understand, how well you write user stories and acceptance criteria. The process was a bit strange because what normally takes weeks is condensed into two hours, so your train of thought is in “rush” mode to make sure you cover and showcase as many of your skills as possible - I was a bit lost here because the topic was not familiar but overall I quickly realized this was not the right fit. I am sure they did as well. I would recommend to revise this role play session and try adding some of those elements into the video interview - allot time to see how candidates structure EPICs, features, etc. This would save cost and time so you can only bring candidates on-site that fit your mold - agile is taught differently in every organization. I know video conferencing tools like Slack allows for on-screen writing and interaction.

The team was very friendly, but I was surprised by the lack of diversity in the office - besides gender there was no diversity which made me question if I would be a good “culture” fit.

Busineess Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at World Wide Technology (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

I was interviewing for the Analyst position in WWT. There are two case interviews and two cultural interviews before the final round. The recruiting scheduling was kind of misleading and confusing.

Interview Questions

World Wide Technology Response

Feb 26, 2020 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you. I'm sorry you didn't have a better experience. The interview question about how many airplanes are in the sky is ridiculous to ask.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at World Wide Technology.

Interview

Multiple interviews were conducted, three over the phone, an in-person interview at their headquarters where three other employees met with me spent a couple hours discussing my technical skills, testing my interpersonal skills, and getting to know me better.

Interview Questions

• Asked how I handled a difficult situation and to answer by setting the stage, my approach and why, and the outcome.   1 Answer

Jan 31, 2020 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thanks for sharing.

Supply Chain Order Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryland Heights, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at World Wide Technology (Maryland Heights, MO) in January 2020.

Interview

I showed up 30 minutes early to evaluate the faces coming in from the cold. Everyone seemed genuinely happy. I bombed the interview, horribly. Word to the wise, don't let sleep depravation make you think you're being clever...

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself   1 Answer
    • How long do you see yourself staying with the company.   1 Answer
    • did you bring a printed resume?   1 Answer
    • why are you leaving "current place of employment"?   1 Answer

Jan 27, 2020 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you and good advice.