World Wide Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

World Wide Technology Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2018

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at World Wide Technology.

Interview

Initial interview was more about your resume. Went months without hearing anything. I feel the process is way to long. Could be shortened a little by speeding up the process and not leaving people on the edge for months

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Team Lead - IT Compensation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at World Wide Technology (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2018.

Interview

Hiring manager scheduled a phone interview for him and I to discuss the position. He blindsided me with two more interviewers on the call. The additional interviewers both arrived late. The hiring manager asked me to discuss my careers experiences. He proceeded to interrupt me during my review of my background. It was obvious he lacked management experience and interview experience. I quickly realized the position wasn't for me and accepted another position after the call. WWT needs to train their managers better.

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at World Wide Technology.

Interview

Recruiter quickly contacted me after I applied and we had a phone discussion a day later. I found it a little odd to be asked to give up my Rolodex by the recruiter and it seems still me that this was a phishing expedition for relevant names of potential leads. It’s been over a month now and have never heard back. For all the hype around this company I really expected a lot better of an interview process and at least a follow up after the first discussion even if they didn’t want to go further with me. After this I have no desire to work at WWT, if they can’t treat candidates properly I can only assume it wouldn’t be a good work environment either.

Interview Questions

World Wide Technology Response

Mar 8, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you and I'm sorry you had a negative experience with us. Typically for sales related positions, our recruiters explore with candidates their detailed experience with their accounts. This is... More

Supply Chain Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edwardsville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at World Wide Technology (Edwardsville, IL) in April 2018.

Interview

Very laid back. Just a getting to know you type of interview. Getting to know your thought process and how you carry yourself as a person in general. Back and forth conversation and follow up questions if need be. Just be your self.

Interview Questions

• Which core value of the company fits you as a person the most?   1 Answer

Product Owner Interview

Interview

I was selected for an interview for product owner position. After 2-3 days I was asked to select the time for the interview. I replied with my availability and after 3 days, recruiter requested for an interview next day.
    To accommodate this, I took time off from my work and waited for a call.
    After waiting for around 20 mins, I called the recruiter and left a voice mail. I waited again for 45 more mins assuming that he was perhaps stuck in another meeting. I, then sent an email and waited further for a response.

Next evening I received an email explaining another candidate was selected.

I am not disheartened but I am disappointed that recruiter did not communicated and managed this professionally.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at World Wide Technology (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2018.

Interview

It took approximately a month for the entire process. There is a first round and second round interview, which took place over Webex. The first interview is with an HR rep and the second is more focused on what internship you are applying for. It was an easy-going and enjoyable process!

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at World Wide Technology in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted to interview about 3 weeks later.

Recruiter used old resume I submitted for a previous position I applied for last summer. It was also provided to the hiring manager, so I continually had to explain why I had experience that was not reflected on the resume.

Interview with recruiter was overall positive, although she did not do the follow-up promised on additional documentation. Met with the hiring manager about a week later. Very lackadaisical interview and was not impressed with the overall process or questions. She told me that I had made it to the next level and I would be contacted by the next day to set up additional time.

Several days went by and I did not hear anything. Followed up with hiring manager and recruiter. No response from the hiring manager, but recruiter replied I did not have the necessary qualifications and they had opted not to move forward to the next level. Felt that it was unprofessional that the hiring manager did not say that on the phone and instead gave the impression that they wanted me to meet with additional people in their office. The verbal clues on the interviewer led me to believe that was the case with the hiring manager, and specifically asked her if she had any hesitations about my qualifications. She said although there were gaps, she had followed a similar path up the ladder and knew that those were skills that could be learned, especially given my background. As such, I felt it odd that she committed to do a follow-up interview with somebody else in their office, and did not tell me directly on the phone or have the recruiter follow up immediately afterwards that they opted to not move forward with me.

I declined their offer of being considered for another role as the overall process left a bad taste in my mouth about this company.

Interview Questions

World Wide Technology Response

Mar 21, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you and good luck.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at World Wide Technology (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2018.

Interview

My interview was at the St. Louis Headquarters, and consisted of one 45 minute interview, followed 1 month later by a 30 minute skype interview with a manager. Both were very conversational.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at World Wide Technology in January 2018.

Interview

Extremely unprofessional process. Several rounds of interviews of the same questions over and over. Marketing is very focused on events but the overall strategy of the team wasn't made clear

Interview Questions

• What are some example marketing campaigns you've worked on in the past?   Answer Question

Mar 21, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you and I'm sorry things didn't work out. Good luck in your search.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at World Wide Technology in December 2017.

Interview

An approximate 30 Minutes video interview with a HR staff.
    The staff was really super nice and easy going. Really did not feel like an interview, felt more like a conversation with a new friend. Great experience

Interview Questions

• In your own words can you say what we do at World Wide Technology?   Answer Question
    • We are big on our culture and core values. What did you find interesting about these core values here at WWT.   Answer Question
    • Also be prepared to answer questions on your resume.   Answer Question