World Wildlife Fund Interview Questions | Glassdoor

World Wildlife Fund Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2017

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at World Wildlife Fund.

Interview

The interview was an Informal process, although my position was different than many positions as WWF. We did a phone interview and 2 skype interviews with the hiring manager

Market Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at World Wildlife Fund.

Interview

I applied online on their website and got an email from HR the same day. After the HR interview, which lasted 45 minutes, I was selected a week later for a technical interview with an executive in WWF. I am not certain where it went wrong, but they did not select me for the following round(s) and I was rejected. The technical interview lasted exactly 30 minutes. Hopefully this review will be of help to others who apply for this position since I was not sure about it and Glassdoor wasn't of much use in preparation.

Interview Questions

• (HR)

1. Why do you want to work for us?
      2. Why do you think you'll be good at this role?
      3. What did you do at [resume job]?
      4. Do you have any regrets from your previous role - think you could have done anything better?
      5. What do you expect from your bosses?
      6. What are your weaknesses?
      7. Are you open to relocation?
      8. Do you have a salary in mind?

(Technical)

1. Why do you want to be in this role?
      2. What do you think of the global economy?
      3. What did you do in your most recent role?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at World Wildlife Fund in February 2017.

Interview

On January 31, I applied for WWF's Proposal Development Manager - Oceans position, which would support WWF's International Secretariat. On February 23, I received an email from a WWF - Australia representative stating that my application had been forwarded to WWF - Australia (where I am assuming this position would be based) from WWF International to organize the next steps in the recruitment process. The representative stated that WWF - Australia was very busy filling a number of positions within the team, however, and that they would not continue the recruitment process for this role until potentially April. I responded to her email immediately and thanked her for the opportunity and said that I looked forward to hearing from her again in April. Approximately six weeks later, on April 3, I emailed her to ask if WWF - Australia anticipated continuing with the recruitment process in April or if she had any update. She responded the same day, thanking me for being in touch, stating that she did not have much of an update but hoped to start contacting the shortlisted candidates the following week. I responded with a short thank you note. I never heard from her the following week. On May 2, I wrote to her again requesting an update on the recruitment process for the position. She never responded. It is now June 13, and no one has contacted me regarding the recruitment process. I can only assume that WWF - Australia moved forward with the recruitment process but never contacted me for an interview. They strung me along for three and a half months, and in the end, I was never offered the opportunity to interview for the position. In each of the WWF - Australia representative's emails, she stated "If your situation changes, please let me know," yet she did not provide me with the same courtesy. WWF - Australia's lack of respect and communication with me was incredibly unprofessional and disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to interview in April?   1 Answer

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at World Wildlife Fund (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

First, I was interviewed by HR with a simple 30 minute phone screen. Then I was brought in a few days later for an in-person interview, where I met with three members of the team. All people were nice and friendly. The interview was fairly straight forward, but in depth about 1 hour and 20 minutes long. Went into depth on what the position was like, what the team was like, and cared a lot about what I researched about the work the team was working on.

Interview Questions

• Why WWF? What do you know about the organization? Tell us about yourself. Why this position?   Answer Question

GIS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at World Wildlife Fund (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

I found the job posting through the university's career services website and applied through WWF's online application system. Got an email about a week after and set up a time for phone call. The phone interview was held over a conference call with three people on the panel, two of them later turned out to be my direct supervisors. They asked about my prior experiences related with GIS, some simple GIS questions, and described the main tasks of the internship and asked if I would be interested in those types of work. You could feel that they really cared about your personal growth and wanted to make sure you gain something from the experience.

Interview Questions

• What's your career goal and how does the internship fit in your career plan?
      What would you do if someone on your team doesn't do his/her job?
      Tell me about one of your GIS projects.   Answer Question

GIS Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at World Wildlife Fund (Washington, DC).

Interview

Two phone interviews were conducted; the first one with the HR representative and the second with the project manager. The process went a long very quickly and within a week of the first interview the background check had commenced.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions pertained to previous work experience, technical background, why I think this job is the right fit, etc...   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

fast process and friendly interview, questions more related to my resume experiences and past work experiences. I'm very enjoyed the interview cause we talk about a lot of conservation issues.

Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at World Wildlife Fund (Washington, DC).

Interview

Team that interviewed me were great and made me feel comfortable. I had the hardest time with their HR department... they seemed dishonest and unwillinging to listen when I tried to speak about salary and future growth opportunities.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at World Wildlife Fund.

Interview

After submitting an online application, I scheduled an online (skype) interview. The interview lasted about 45 minutes most of which involved the interviewer describing the position and the other candidates that had already been hired, then stating that the position I applied for doesn't really exist anymore. I felt that speaking about other candidates during the interview was a bit unprofessional and didn't really leave an opening for me to talk about my skills or experience.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your experience doing (XX) type of research.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at World Wildlife Fund in October 2015.

Interview

Typical 30 minute phone interview. Be prepared to discuss how your previous experience qualifies you for the specific requirements of the job description. The phone interview was less stressful than I anticipated.