Cover image for Worldwide Business Research

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Worldwide Business Research Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 60 of over 60 interviews

Recruiter4%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Worldwide Business Research

Application

I interviewed at Worldwide Business Research

Interview

The interview began very normally, but as the interview continued, the interviewer became tenser, as if looking for a reason to turn me away. I was also told I'd be emailed the results and never heard back from them, very unprofessional!

Interview Questions
  • Mainly just asking about past experiences
    Answer Question

Worldwide Business Research

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Worldwide Business Research in Jul 2021

Interview

Applied online and receive interview invitation really quickly. Went through 2 rounds of interview with the head of department, a short assignment (40mins) and a final round of interview with the MD, all within 2 weeks. Asked situational based questions as well as skill sets I have and past experiences. I was offered the role but it was an exploding offer that didn't give enough time to consider as it was an urgent role that requires immediate filling.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Advertising

Join the conversation on

Advertising

138.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/advertising/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Worldwide Business Research~264490
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Worldwide Business Research? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Worldwide Business Research employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Worldwide Business Research (London, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

Initial phone call interview before being invited to a virtual interview with two or more assessors. Very unprofessional interview and the worst I had experienced. More like an interrogation than anything else, perhaps because of the nature of their work. Not interested in any skills you may have gained from higher education, so if you are a graduate who has worked hard for a degree I doubt they will care. I suggest applying for a job where your academic efforts will be at least be acknowledged. Unlike most competency interviews, they do not give you the opportunity to explain what skills you possess or discuss previous work experience etc. If you try to give an answer to their questions, they will likely speak over you and ignore what you are saying and go on to talk about themselves. In conclusion, I would have declined the offer even if I got one, couldn’t wait to leave the hour long conversation…

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Worldwide Business Research (London, England)

Interview

Interview process was fairly smooth and easy - initial contact was an exchange of emails, then I had a short phone call interview, and then a face to face interview with another member of the team. Easy process!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Worldwide Business Research (London, England)

Interview

Straightforward interview process, was interviewed by two senior associates for about an hour. Interview was basically just getting to know each other, nothing hard. I was invited back for the final round and was told I could talk to other graduate executives privately about things I didn’t want to ask the senior associates, so I grabbed at the opportunity to ask them questions - so imagine my surprise when five minutes later the senior associate comes up to me to address my concerns I asked the graduate. I was a bit embarrassed as I was told my personal questions and concerns about the company weren’t going to be discussed with the seniors, so was kinda pissed off about that. I declined the job as it wasn’t what I wanted, and the whole going off behind my back to relay my concerns to the senior associates wasn’t too great either.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Worldwide Business Research (New York, NY) in Feb 2020

Interview

The process was very fast. A phone screening, Then I was brought in to meet with two managers. Great follow up and negotiations with HR/Sales Management. The offer came within a week.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a sales process/cycle that I've had in the past that worked out well and That didn't work out and how did I manage it.

Application

Interview

Applied online and got a request for a phone interview immediately. they asked me to come in later that week and was asked to come in for a final round interview the week later.

Interview Questions
  • What was one time you had an issue with your supervisor and how did you handle it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Worldwide Business Research (London, England) in Dec 2019

Interview

Poor structure. Seemed to be more concerned about the pay and commission package at my current job rather than discussing my skills and what can offer as a candidate. They seemed to assume that I wanted to drop my current role and come to work for them, however it was one of their recruiters that got in touch with me about the role. A lot of the negative points I saw on glassdoor seem to make sense now after seeing the workplace.

Interview Questions
  • Why would you like to finish at your current company and come to work for us?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Worldwide Business Research (Toronto, ON) in Dec 2019

Interview

The first round interview is a phone interview that is more like a conversation to get a better understanding of your experience and your approach to sales, this is pretty standard. The second round interview is normally with two or more people. This is a very aggressive kind of interview where they throw some curveballs at you by picking up on things that they see as weaknesses in your resume and then they ask you about them in order to get you to defend yourself. It is a way of seeing how you respond to being put under pressure. While I think that there are positive aspects of this strategy there are also negative aspects of this strategy because you are forcing people to defend themselves as a result of your approach and you aren't getting to see who they really are as people. You also need to get much more into how a person's experience makes them a good fit for this role in order to understand what they can bring to this role. My other major criticism is that the interviewers normally take a break to discuss how the interview is going amongst themselves and then they give you feedback on what they think. I've interviewed with WBR twice and both times they have given me very vague feedback and when asked about what exactly they are looking for in candidates then they have no answers to give. To conclude I would say that it is very unclear what exactly they look for in candidates and they fail to convey this to the people being interviewed. I have a lot more sales experience than the vast majority of the sales reps that start out in this role (most of whom are new graduates and have no experience) so I have no clue on what basis they choose candidates.

Interview Questions
  • Name one weakness that you have and tell us how you overcome this weakness?

Worldwide Business Research

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Worldwide Business Research

Interview

Call was scheduled, but recruiter never called. I emailed saying I hadn't received a call, and that I'd like to withdraw my application, as I didn't intend on working for an employer who didn't value my time as an applicant. Was told I was called twice but it went to voicemail, and that perhaps I missed the calls. Did not appreciate that as no call was received, as recruiter was clearly lying at that point. I've received calls from the States before and never had this kinda issue so was annoyed that I'd wasted my time preparing for this interview. Very unprofessional.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 60 Interviews

Worldwide Business Research Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Worldwide Business Research as 85.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.77 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Event Coordinator and Conference Producer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Marketing Assistant and Digital Marketing Assistant roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Worldwide Business Research takes an average of 21 days when considering 56 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Event Coordinator had the quickest hiring process (on average 18 days), whereas Conference Producer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 39 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Worldwide Business Research according to 56 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 32.61%