X-Rite Interview Questions | Glassdoor

X-Rite Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2017

3.5

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at X-Rite.

Interview

Hiring process was subpar - not like it is part of Danaher. I have heard that not all holding companies within Danaher are great. This poor experience confirmed that. I did not feel like they wanted to interview or hire me. I am not even sure why I was invited for the interview. Left the site, questioning if it was worth for me to take off from my work and attempt the interview.

Interview Questions

Poor interview experience and lack of diversity were key to my decision.

X-Rite Response

Jul 17, 2017 – VP HR

We try to avoid bringing people in who aren't going to be right for the company or the role, there are times when that's not clear until the onsite interview. Any selection decision is going to be... More

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at X-Rite (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

You drop things on your calendar to accommodate their desire to have quick interview after interview, do a 3 hour long online assessment over your weekend to accommodate their quick timing, spend hours "interviewing" with multiple people who ask more and more very pointed, strategic questions about how you would solve or address an issue they have (so much so, that you feel like you need to send them a consulting invoice post-interview) and then nothing...not even the courtesy of a response from them. I had to press the recruiter to get a determination and received the response "decided to go with someone else."

I should have known things were not kosher as the positions are posted for over a year, represented by multiple recruiters, as well as their own sites, AND the job remained obviously posted through the whole interview process and remains posted today!

There are articles from recruiters about these types of perennial "interviews"- beware! Don't waste your time or talent...you're being used!

Note to XRite Management- try a little transparency, and just hire a Consultant instead. Leading so many people along for as long as you have, is just mean.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle bad reputation info. being circulated by Competition, etc. when you know that it is not undeserved and has some truth to it?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at X-Rite.

Interview

I felt very defensive in my interview with HR. Like I was a inconvience for her. 15 minutes and I was done. Had 2 other interviews right after HR's and felt for a call center enviorment that I was getting interrogiated. Never felt so uncomfortable in a job interview. I thought I was qualifed, however after leaving, it was obvious I wasn't going to make the cut.

Interview Questions

• What makes you so detailed oriented?
      Give me an example of why you are so outstanding in your promblem solving skills?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at X-Rite.

Interview

First interview was with Danaher (company that owns X-Rite) and it was a face to face at a career fair. Mainly behavioral. Second was via phone and topics included intern tasks/projects/type of work, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a process that you have improved/made more efficient.   Answer Question

Cost Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at X-Rite in March 2013.

Interview

2 interviews, roughly 2 hours each. Drug screen background test. Really was not too tough, they were looking more for an individual who would fit well in the team they already have, so it was more based on personality or "DNA".

Interview Questions

• I was asked to continue my answer after one of the directors went off on a 3-5 minute tangent.   Answer Question