XOJET Interview Questions | Glassdoor

XOJET Interview Questions

3.2

Scheduler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at XOJET in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received generic auto-reply email and 9 days later received a phone call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was rescheduled at last moment notice and finally we were able to agree to a new date/time a few days after the originally scheduled date/time.
    Interview consisted of 4 people on the phone, whom didn't consistently identify themselves before speaking - that would have been helpful. It seemed if I was willing to move, the process may have proceeded forward, but they do not currently have the capacity (or want to) to allow remote work stations in the Scheduling Department.
    They offered to forward my profile and interview responses to the Sales Team (Broker Team), should I be interested, which was considerate and professional.
    Overall, a faster experience than my previous application to their company 3 years ago.

Interview Questions

• What were the best and the worst parts of your last two jobs?   Answer Question
    • Why would you prefer to work in scheduling instead of directly with the passengers/clients?   Answer Question
    • Would you move to Sacramento?   Answer Question

Pilot First Officer Interview

Interview

Phone screen first, technical FaceTime second, and dinner followed by a four panel in person interview third. Takes about a month from the initial phone screen. Most people I interviewed in conjunction with had a referral from an employee.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at XOJET (Sacramento, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Had phone interview and asked to come in for a panel interview and job shadow. Friendly people. Asked to come in for an HR interview. Followed up with a response they were still coordinating. Never heard back after 3 more attempts to follow up.

Pilot First Officer Interview

Interview

Good, questions were fair, laid back, line captain did the interview , they looking for people, study the Gleim knowledge test book,what are looking to be in 5 yrs, would you leave the company for the airline

Pilot Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McClellan, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at XOJET (McClellan, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Process was 3 part, first a phone call from a pilot, basic stuff, then a technical phone call from someone in the training department, then an on site interview with various people.

Interview Questions

• I was told during the person to person interview that where wasn't going to be an technical questions and it turned out there was. Took me by surprise, so fair warning.   Answer Question

Tracker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Highlands, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at XOJET (North Highlands, CA).

Interview

Applied for the Tracker position and had a over the phone interview with basic interview questions and nothing technical. Received a follow up email asking for an in-person interview. The in-person interview was overwhelming and a littler over the top due to 7 people involved. They went around the room taking turns asking question after question. I felt as most questions were standard interview questions. I thought the interview went well and was told I would hear back soon. After following up a week later and no reply, I decided to call a little over two weeks later and was given a short "I was meaning to contact you, we went with another candidate". It seems XOJet is very much interested in your personality and not as much your skills and experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions based on customer service, attention to detail and time management. A few questions came up about personality and also situational questions and how you would handle them. A few aviation topics that were covered were ground delay programs and weather.   Answer Question

Trip Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at XOJET in June 2015.

Interview

Initially received a phone call to talk. Very straightforward, talked about experience in aviation, and customer service. She clarified that while experience in aviation is a plus, it's not required and this is very much an entry level job. I was still interested, and we scheduled a phone interview, which was followed by a Skype interview.

After the Skype interview, I called the person in charge of hiring (who I initially talked to) for an update. She promised me that whether I got the job or not, I would receive a call from them."

It has now been 5 months, and I have received no call, and the job is no longer open.

Account Management/Cust Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at XOJET (Sacramento, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Not very informative for the job seeker but very heavy on redundant customer service based situational questions. When asking specific information in reference to schedule, salary, company culture, benefits, and environment, answers were vague at best.
    Then after having gone through multiple interviews including a group Skype interview, I recieved a terse email informing me they were continuing with another applicant. When I reached out to get a verbal explaination from the person who initially contacted and facilitated this process, as I always find automated rejections to be extremely rude after you have taken someone's time with an in person interview; She simply repeated that my qualifications were a perfect fit, but that I was not a good fit for "the team". Just an overall rude waste of my time. The way they handled this told me everything I needed to know about XOJET to not waste my time applying again in the future.I personally can't be bothered with a company who does not choose their team based on qualifications. I'm not interested in working on a team that they apparently choose based on "looks or fit" if not qualifications.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you had to deal with a difficult customer?
      (They asked this question at least 4-5 times in different wording)
      1 Answer

XOJET Response

Aug 26, 2015 – Vice President Client Service

Thank you for constructive feedback. We have worked hard to create a corporate culture that supports our passion for client service excellence, our commitment to safety and investment in our people ... More

Trip Manager Interview

Interview

New hires go in front of a panel.

Trip Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at XOJET.

Interview

I had tried to get hired on for about 1 year but managed to land an interview. It was an "all day" event that consisted of 5 1-on-1 interviews with various department heads (Operations, Customer Service, HR, etc). 3 months went by and I finally received a call with a job offer; started 2 1/2 wks later.

Interview Questions

• Common interview questions were used. Most difficult was an inquiry asking me to juxtapose my past employment experience (non-aviation related) and how it would help me in the position I was applying for (trip manager/customer service).   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was executed; as it was a substantial pay and benefits increase from my current employer.