XTO Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 3, 2017

2.8

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at XTO Energy (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was very laid back. I had an interview with two production engineers, engineering manager, and production superintendent. The interview ended with a brief conversation with human resources representative.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at XTO Energy (College Station, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

45 minute standard behavioral interview. Lots of questions though and I found myself running out of examples to pull from. Definitely worth having a lot of experiences ready to use in the back of your mind.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at XTO Energy.

Interview

Selected for interview at campus career fair and was given an interview a month later. Arrived at interview, sat down. Interviewer was friendly and spent a lot of time talking about himself and XTO. Asked basic questions with STAR format. Was very upfront about the responses that he expected. Interview lasted for one hour, although it was only slotted for two. Was told that I would receive information with whether or not I was selected regardless of the outcome but this was not the case.

Interview Questions

• STAR question about time that I faced adversity in the past.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at XTO Energy.

Interview

I was interviewed by two people, first an HR representative. Next I was interviewed by the head of the department for which I was applying. Both went quite smoothly, both interviewers were very kind and asked typical interview questions i.e. why do you want to work here? etc.

Interview Questions

• What was the name of the company before it changed its name to XTO Energy?   1 Answer

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at XTO Energy (State College, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly informal and conversational. This made for a positive, low-stress environment that immediately made the me feel much more comfortable and was fond of the company's style. I was asked questions about my prior work experience, projects that I previously worked on, examples of teamwork and leadership, and my academic success.

Interview Questions

• Please refer to the "Describe the Interview Process".   2 Answers

Petroleum Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at XTO Energy (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview lasted for about 30 minutes. The interviewer was easy to talk to (I met him the night before at an info session). Standard behavioral questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Overall one of my better interviews.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at XTO Energy (College Station, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was held on campus and was a typical behavioral event style. It began with typical introductory questions and resume review followed by a typical behavioral event interview. The expectation was outlining previous experiences that showed problem solving ability, leadership qualities, and the ability to adapt to unforeseen consequences.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you solved a problem.   1 Answer

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at XTO Energy in September 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of 3 engineers. There were a ton of behavioral questions. It was not like any of the interviews I had previously had. Little to no conversation from the interviewers. Other than the questions being asked there was no feed back. Definitely not a pleasant experience.

Revenue Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at XTO Energy (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Very informal interview with human resources, accounting supervisor, accounting manager and intern. Asked to count from 1-10 and say ABC's. Asked if I mind staring at computer and sitting all day.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at XTO Energy (Kansas City, KS) in September 2014.

Interview

Basic Phone interview. Nothing too technical. As long as you understand what you are talking about you should have a pretty good shot. That being said they are a competitive company and at the top of the industry so check your expectations at the door.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to display leadership.   1 Answer