XTO Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

XTO Energy Interview Questions

Updated Oct 6, 2017

2.8

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at XTO Energy.

Interview

On campus recruitment and interview process with an invitational dinner to those who were offered an interview. Incredibly friendly and energetic group, loved being around them. They were engaging and happy to be of help. Interview was laid back but asked behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you led an initiative in a group   Answer Question

Midstream Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at XTO Energy (Lubbock, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through university website. Was invited to dinner with other applicants and company representatives. The dinner served as a way to meet your actual interviewers and build rapport with them as well as getting insight into what type of questions they would be asking. Had interview the following day with two company reps. Was extended an offer a week later. All interviews questions were easily answered with STAR method. Make sure you have a positive Result in your example.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you were assigned during your summer internship   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time a group member did not work well with with others   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at XTO Energy (College Station, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Pretty laid back; a few behavioral questions were asked but the recruiters were mainly trying to get to know you. The interview itself was about 30-35 minutes and the process was quite painless.

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at XTO Energy (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was very laid back. I had an interview with two production engineers, engineering manager, and production superintendent. The interview ended with a brief conversation with human resources representative.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at XTO Energy (College Station, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

45 minute standard behavioral interview. Lots of questions though and I found myself running out of examples to pull from. Definitely worth having a lot of experiences ready to use in the back of your mind.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at XTO Energy.

Interview

Selected for interview at campus career fair and was given an interview a month later. Arrived at interview, sat down. Interviewer was friendly and spent a lot of time talking about himself and XTO. Asked basic questions with STAR format. Was very upfront about the responses that he expected. Interview lasted for one hour, although it was only slotted for two. Was told that I would receive information with whether or not I was selected regardless of the outcome but this was not the case.

Interview Questions

• STAR question about time that I faced adversity in the past.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at XTO Energy.

Interview

I was interviewed by two people, first an HR representative. Next I was interviewed by the head of the department for which I was applying. Both went quite smoothly, both interviewers were very kind and asked typical interview questions i.e. why do you want to work here? etc.

Interview Questions

• What was the name of the company before it changed its name to XTO Energy?   1 Answer

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at XTO Energy (State College, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly informal and conversational. This made for a positive, low-stress environment that immediately made the me feel much more comfortable and was fond of the company's style. I was asked questions about my prior work experience, projects that I previously worked on, examples of teamwork and leadership, and my academic success.

Interview Questions

• Please refer to the "Describe the Interview Process".   2 Answers

Petroleum Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at XTO Energy (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview lasted for about 30 minutes. The interviewer was easy to talk to (I met him the night before at an info session). Standard behavioral questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Overall one of my better interviews.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at XTO Energy (College Station, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was held on campus and was a typical behavioral event style. It began with typical introductory questions and resume review followed by a typical behavioral event interview. The expectation was outlining previous experiences that showed problem solving ability, leadership qualities, and the ability to adapt to unforeseen consequences.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you solved a problem.   1 Answer