Xactly Corp. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xactly Corp. (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process started out with a very welcoming phone screening by one of the in house recruiters. This was very pleasant and I was kept in the loop with where my application stood and so fourth. Then I was brought into the building for an in house interview with three team members who were very informative and were very pleasant to speak to, especially being that this was my first corporate job interview. I left that day from the interview very excited about the company and the culture, and I have been very happy with Xactly since. :)

Interview Questions

• How do you pick and choose how to prioritize when you have more than one project on your plate?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was called with an offer and immediately wanted to except.

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xactly Corp. (Denver, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online and receiving an email with a link to complete two assessments, personality and cognitive. After completing both assessments, within a day or two, received an email with a request to schedule a video call with their recruitment department. During the call, the cognitive assessment was completed again for verification purposes and the Xactly recruiter asked general questions on background and salary requirements.

Everything was very organized and streamlined. Unfortunately, an in person interview was not scheduled but the process was pleasant nonetheless.

SDR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Xactly Corp. (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Had an initial phone screen, a more in depth call with a recruiter, and an in person with manager. Offer had been given prior to coming in and they wanted me to come back for an interview with two sales manager to pitch the product once a position had come open after EOQ. Once it did come up there was a lack of communication and they were looking internally instead as told by the recruiter. Why even bring me in and say that they would like me to come in for the final round once a position opened but not follow through. It was a waste of time and disrespectful to me. Overall, had experience, but the company seems to have an amazing product that enable sales teams to be more efficient.

Interview Questions

Xactly Corp. Response

Aug 28, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and I would love to learn more about your interview experience. Especially since we do not have a location in Seattle, WA. Feel free to reach out to Human Resources at... More

Director - Strategic Projects Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Xactly Corp. (San Jose, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn and probably took about 3-4wks. I was contacted by the recruiter within 6 days to schedule an initial screen. We discussed my background, my areas of interest in my next move, and was told that I'd have to take a 30min CCAT assessment (logic,math, comprehension) and score 31/50 questions before I would be speaking to the hiring manager. Apparently, this is how all Vista Partner's portfolio companies are required to conduct all recruiting processes.

It took about a week before I received the CCAT instructions. After I completed the assessment, the recruiter contacted me and asked whether I was still interested in moving forward. Furthermore, the recruiter informed me that if I am invited to an onsite, that I'd have to take ANOTHER proctored assessment exam in order to verify that I did indeed take the initial CCAT assessment.

The next step was that I would meet with the CEO. After about a week, I was told the CEO would be on vacation and so I would be speaking with their interim CFO. I had a 30min call with the interim CFO and the conversation seemed to go well, at least from my end. Prior to this call , the recruiter asked me to inform her of my conversation w/ the CFO, which I did, but never received an update until two days later. The recruiter said she would gather feedback and provide updates the following week. The final communication I received was early the following week where I received a generic message stating that they have found another candidate better suited for the role.

Overall, I think the process was very cumbersome and the level of communication and timing could be improved. I think the company is just undergoing a great deal of change with the acquisition of Vista Partners so expect some bumps in the recruiting process.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Xactly? Have you performed any change management or transformation work? Have you presented to a board before? Have you worked on M&A integration?   Answer Question

Oct 9, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your interview experience. I apologize that your experience was anything but positive. Xactly is very excited to be recently added to the... More

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xactly Corp. (Denver, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was organized, comfortable and professional from start to finish. I had the normal phone screening with the recruiter first. Then it was followed by a phone interview and then a face to face interview on site. I was also asked to answer 5 questions prior to meeting face to face.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I interviewed at Xactly Corp. (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

Very professional and timely. The questions were difficult but rightfully so because the sales process is long and the target prospects are CFOs and Sales leaders. Incredibly happy I had the opportunity to interview for the position.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Xactly Corp. (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was clear, communicative, and concise. I was in the process of interviewing with multiple organizations for sales roles both in and out of the SaaS industry space and can honestly say Xactly's interview process was by far the best. I was contacted by the recruiting manager within 3 weeks of applying online; our first conversation was a brief introduction over the phone and I was invited to come into the office. After meeting with the recruiting and one of the sales managers in the office I was invited to come back for a final interview with a few more managers of the team. With it being a sales role, I was instructed to prepare a few short pitches to present but overall the process was really comfortable and not overly stressful or nervewracking. Everyone I met was extremely welcoming AND transparent so I was able to make an informed decision when it came time to evaluate the offers I received. In the end, I knew that the culture, candor, and growth opportunity at Xaclty was a great fit for me and I would be extremely happy to be onboard!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your career path in sales going?   1 Answer
    • How would you begin a sales call with a new prospect?   Answer Question

Communications/Writing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Xactly Corp. (San Jose, CA).

Interview

At first, the interview process went great. It wasn't until the in person interview that things went south. Everyone I met with was nice, engaging, etc. But it only takes one person to ruin an experience. Played a lot of games and asked questions that were not relevant to the role or really anything. Condescending and a bad tone honestly. Totally turned me off. It must have shown, as I never got any sort of update at all after that. It was for the better.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle criticism?   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Xactly Corp. (Denver, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

My initial contact was with their recruiter - Carly J. What an awesome experience! They requested some initial questions be answered and then followed up with a phone interview. This process went very quickly. Xactly and their recruiter were extremely attentive. We mutually decided the fit was not there. The recruiter was excellent in describing the job role and future outlook. She was excellent with her communication and beyond helpful. Kuddos to her and the company she represents.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xactly Corp. (Denver, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter within a week of submitting my resume to Xactly and invited in for an interview. I met with the recruiter, sales manager and one of the sales leader and after 90 minutes they invited me back the next day to present a sales pitch. I gave my sales pitch to two employees and had an offer in my inbox the next day!

Interview Questions

• Why I considered myself to be a good fit with Xactly Corp.   Answer Question

Dec 19, 2016 – Lead Generation Manager

We are thrilled that you experienced a positive and quick interview process with our Denver sales team. Congratulations on receiving an offer and we cannot wait for you to join our Lead Generation... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Xactly Corp. (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The process was slow: each step took a week or more. The discussion was technical but light. It seemed very subjective. I felt like the employees were OK but not superstars. The location is really convenient. At the time, they seemed unmotivated and kind of casual about the interview process, like it didn't matter. Maybe I interviewed with a group that was not motivated to hire anybody at the time or hoping to find a buddy to hang out with out.