Xactly Corp. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Xactly Corp. Interview Questions

Interviews at Xactly Corp.

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xactly Corp. (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process started out with a very welcoming phone screening by one of the in house recruiters. This was very pleasant and I was kept in the loop with where my application stood and so fourth. Then I was brought into the building for an in house interview with three team members who were very informative and were very pleasant to speak to, especially being that this was my first corporate job interview. I left that day from the interview very excited about the company and the culture, and I have been very happy with Xactly since. :)

Interview Questions

• How do you pick and choose how to prioritize when you have more than one project on your plate?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was called with an offer and immediately wanted to except.

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xactly Corp. (San Jose, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Just a basic phone screen with around 20 mins. After this round, if you match their qualification, then they will setup the video interview for the second round. The last round will be the on site interview for around 2.5 to 3 hours.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Xactly Corp. (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Asked about my projects and technologies used for projects. Was a very interactive conversation and felt comfortable talking to the Technical Head. Very positive vibe while being asked questions by the tech head.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xactly Corp..

Interview

The hiring team asked me to complete an online test. The test is more like a pressure test with basic logic, math questions. It requires me to complete in 15 minutes with 50 questions. The things that you should notice is the time management and the correctness.

Interview Questions

• Just logic, math and verbal questions to be completed in 15 minutes.   Answer Question

Account Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Xactly Corp. (Denver, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

2 interviews --first was with the hiring manager and the woman who would eventually become my manager. 1st interview is very conversational--almost as if they are checking for a personality fit. 2nd interview was with all 3 lead gen managers. Given that I had non-traditional experience, I had to explain why I wanted to move into the corporate world, how I would stay motivated, what have I done in the past where I have had to use information to persuade someone.

Interview Questions

• What is one instance in the past where you have had to use the information you found on your own about someone to persuade them to do something or sell them something?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Xactly Corp. (Denver, CO).

Interview

I took two online assessments, then had to take the math assessment again in front of a recruiter to make sure I wasn't "faking" it, for some reason. Then I had a bunch of interviews. The whole process was demeaning, I was lied to and manipulated. The recruiters were so aggressive. I was on holiday outside of Denver and wanted to schedule my on-site interview for a time after I got back from my trip. The recruiter convinced me to change my travel plans to come back to Denver sooner than I had planned so that I could be on-site for an interview within their "very quick" timeframe. I explained my schedule and plans and they completely ignored me and insisted I "work with them" to get back to Denver sooner so that I could be "in the running" for a job offer. In the end, after several interviews and changing my travel (at my own expense), I was never even invited on-site and did not get an offer. I did not mind not getting an offer but I did mind being convinced to change my travel plans for no reason. It really feels like they are in a sweat shop for recruiters and with the acquisition they don't treat you like a person but rather, a walking dollar sign / data collection point. It was a terrible experience and I feel I was manipulated. I got a better offer at a better company where they treated me nicely during the whole interview process, never rushed me and were willing to accommodate my schedule instead of threatening that I will loose the offer if I didn't rush. My advice to other interviewees at this company: Don't put up with nonsense like I did. Be aware of high pressure tactics. Know that most companies do not need to engage in them.

Interview Questions

• In the "behavioral" part of the interview they asked "can you give an example of a time that you used your research skills to close a deal."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xactly Corp. (Denver, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by in person with 2 managers. The phone interview was with a recruiter who prepped me for the in person. The in person was very simple, and they give you a slide deck to review for 20 minutes then pitch the sale to them based on the slide deck. Called an FSI (first sales interaction at Xactly)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Xactly?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xactly Corp. (Denver, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

Pretty basic. I had a phone screen with someone, then went in for multiple interviews on one day, spoke with HR about pay and was offered the job. It did take a few days to get the final offer.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work for Xactly?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I interviewed at Xactly Corp. (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

Very professional and timely. The questions were difficult but rightfully so because the sales process is long and the target prospects are CFOs and Sales leaders. Incredibly happy I had the opportunity to interview for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xactly Corp. (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Setting up the interview was rocket science - The recruiter contacted me and asked when I was available, then she said she was unavailable for the next week and half. We finally scheduled a date and time, and then I got an email two days later with the same canned "I am busy for x days, please say when you can talk." I was confused and replied that I thought we had set a date, to which she replied "That's fine." Yikes.. great first impression.

We finally spoke, and I was completely grilled on my background. For recent graduates, the job market has been incredibly tough, so of course there have been many internships to fill the time. You have to take what you can get, other than flipping burgers. She could not seem to get over this and apparently does not follow the US jobs reports.

A few minutes into the grilling, she asked to put me on hold of all things, and at that point I said that I did not feel this was a good fit and did not wish to continue the interview. That is NOT someone I would want to work with.

Interview Questions

• Why did you do XYZ internship?   1 Answer

If she represents the company, that is not some place I would like to work.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Xactly Corp. in June 2018.

Interview

Interview process and Recruiters are not friendly. The interview process is to hire only fresh talent who has recent knowledge of book. The process is not focused on the related field you apply.
    I have been asked to do online assessment a couple times and even after completing the assessment and wasting my time for 2-3 weeks, I have been told that the position is filled now due to recruiters irresponsibility. Recruiter was out and I have been keep waiting for their calls and they cancelled my interview on the day of the interview.
    I even do not recommend to waste your time to apply here.