Xactly Corp. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xactly Corp. (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process started out with a very welcoming phone screening by one of the in house recruiters. This was very pleasant and I was kept in the loop with where my application stood and so fourth. Then I was brought into the building for an in house interview with three team members who were very informative and were very pleasant to speak to, especially being that this was my first corporate job interview. I left that day from the interview very excited about the company and the culture, and I have been very happy with Xactly since. :)

Interview Questions

• How do you pick and choose how to prioritize when you have more than one project on your plate?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was called with an offer and immediately wanted to except.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I interviewed at Xactly Corp. (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

Very professional and timely. The questions were difficult but rightfully so because the sales process is long and the target prospects are CFOs and Sales leaders. Incredibly happy I had the opportunity to interview for the position.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Xactly Corp. (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was clear, communicative, and concise. I was in the process of interviewing with multiple organizations for sales roles both in and out of the SaaS industry space and can honestly say Xactly's interview process was by far the best. I was contacted by the recruiting manager within 3 weeks of applying online; our first conversation was a brief introduction over the phone and I was invited to come into the office. After meeting with the recruiting and one of the sales managers in the office I was invited to come back for a final interview with a few more managers of the team. With it being a sales role, I was instructed to prepare a few short pitches to present but overall the process was really comfortable and not overly stressful or nervewracking. Everyone I met was extremely welcoming AND transparent so I was able to make an informed decision when it came time to evaluate the offers I received. In the end, I knew that the culture, candor, and growth opportunity at Xaclty was a great fit for me and I would be extremely happy to be onboard!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your career path in sales going?   1 Answer
    • How would you begin a sales call with a new prospect?   Answer Question

Communications/Writing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Xactly Corp. (San Jose, CA).

Interview

At first, the interview process went great. It wasn't until the in person interview that things went south. Everyone I met with was nice, engaging, etc. But it only takes one person to ruin an experience. Played a lot of games and asked questions that were not relevant to the role or really anything. Condescending and a bad tone honestly. Totally turned me off. It must have shown, as I never got any sort of update at all after that. It was for the better.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle criticism?   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Xactly Corp. (Denver, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

My initial contact was with their recruiter - Carly J. What an awesome experience! They requested some initial questions be answered and then followed up with a phone interview. This process went very quickly. Xactly and their recruiter were extremely attentive. We mutually decided the fit was not there. The recruiter was excellent in describing the job role and future outlook. She was excellent with her communication and beyond helpful. Kuddos to her and the company she represents.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xactly Corp. (Denver, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter within a week of submitting my resume to Xactly and invited in for an interview. I met with the recruiter, sales manager and one of the sales leader and after 90 minutes they invited me back the next day to present a sales pitch. I gave my sales pitch to two employees and had an offer in my inbox the next day!

Interview Questions

• Why I considered myself to be a good fit with Xactly Corp.   Answer Question

Xactly Corp. Response

Dec 19, 2016 – Lead Generation Manager

We are thrilled that you experienced a positive and quick interview process with our Denver sales team. Congratulations on receiving an offer and we cannot wait for you to join our Lead Generation ... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Xactly Corp. (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The process was slow: each step took a week or more. The discussion was technical but light. It seemed very subjective. I felt like the employees were OK but not superstars. The location is really convenient. At the time, they seemed unmotivated and kind of casual about the interview process, like it didn't matter. Maybe I interviewed with a group that was not motivated to hire anybody at the time or hoping to find a buddy to hang out with out.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xactly Corp. (San Jose, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from a recruiter the very next day. Once I got past the phone screening, I was scheduled to go onsite and meet with four members of the team. After my onsite, the hiring manager called me the next day to offer me the role.

Interview Questions

• Describe your process in laying out a template and how you communicate progress to stakeholders.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Xactly Corp. in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted about 2 weeks after applying for a phone screen for the Project Manager position. The recruiter seemed to have fired off the email, as it had some typos. Wasn't sure how to take that. She said she would call me on Monday, with no specific time provided. I wrote back and asked if there was a specific time, as I had some meetings and wanted to make sure I was available. No response. She called me at noon that Monday and asked me if it was still a good time (?). I was free, so no problems, I shrugged it off again. We had a great conversation and she said that she would be sending me along to the hiring team and that they wanted to move quickly. As I had other interviews lined up, but was interested in Xactly, I followed up a couple days after, and then about a week later. Never any response - still none to this day. I know, you might say... well, that means you didn't get it! But, I found it very unprofessional and, as someone who does hiring, it's disappointing this person is the first impression of the company.

Interview Questions

Xactly Corp. Response

Jul 12, 2016 – Director, Digital & Social Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate hearing the positives, but also how we can improve. Please allow me to express our apologies that you experienced a less than excellent experience during ... More

SMB Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xactly Corp..

Interview

I interviewed for the SMB AE role. I thought the process was average to slightly below average at best. While all the Xactly recruiters and managers I interacted with seemed nice in person, I felt like they were being less than truthful on several topics. E.G. They had SMB AE job postings all over the web but the recruiter continued to tell me throughout the process that she was working on approval for new hires. She even had it written on her LI profile (which said "now hiring for these roles: SMB AE" and had been updated the previous day). She also missed two scheduled calls and was late to two others. I went through 4 rounds of interviews and in the end, did not receive an offer. However, I didn't even receive notification (despite being told I'd be contacted re: next steps) until 2 weeks later when I followed up. No email, no phone call, nothing to let me know where I stood. I found that to be rather inconsiderate.To be honest, the company had a bit of an arrogant feel to it....

Interview Questions

• How do you measure effectiveness as it relates to your personal goals?   Answer Question

SMB Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xactly Corp. (Denver, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

Initially contacted by the internal recruiter who went out of her way to welcome me and guide me through the interview process. I had an initial phone interview with this recruiter, a 1-hour "meet and greet" with the hiring manager, and a final, (more formal) interview with the same manager.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were based more on competency than the standard "why should we hire you?" questions. For example, "describe a time when you were asked to [insert whatever] and how did you respond?   Answer Question