Y-12 National Security Complex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Y-12 National Security Complex Interview Questions

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Y-12 National Security Complex

Multiple Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Y-12 National Security Complex.

Interview

This process is more of a holdover from previous companies that have managed Y-12 and really cannot be pointed at CNS, however they have not corrected it! The interview questions have nothing really to do about the job and more about personality. It is ensuring you always give them a problem, how you dealt with the problem, and the outcome. If you don't, you lose points. The questions are usually poorly written and have very little to do with what you would be doing.

Interview Questions

• Simple and typical stuff. "Describe how you dealt with a difficult customer"   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Y-12 National Security Complex (Oak Ridge, TN).

Interview

Short and sweet. They asked about my previous experience and I was told I was over qualified, but they hired me any way. I do not remember much else. This interview was in 2009.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Y-12 National Security Complex (Knoxville, TN) in October 2015.

Interview

It was all a series of situational/behavioral questions. They gave a type of situation/scenario, and you gave a response of a situation where you had encountered that type of scenario with how you handled it/learned from it/etc. Two people from Y-12 went back and forth posing the situations. Each would ask questions during the response to each pose scenario.

Interview Questions

• A time where someone doubted your technical input on a situation/told you that you were wrong.
      A time where you had to adapt to change.
      A leadership role that you've been in, describe this role and your leadership style.
      A situation working with a group of people that encountered personality conflicts between the group (this was worded differently, but I cannot recall how)
      Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Y-12 National Security Complex (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

Y-12 was the hottest booth at my University's career fair, therefore after waiting in line for more than 30 minutes just to talk to someone I figured my chances were very slim. I tried to be as personable as possible to the gentleman running the booth, always trying to add things to make me "stick out." He urged me to apply online, I did. Within two weeks I got a phone call offering me a job.

Interview Questions

• No real interview took place   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Y-12 National Security Complex.

Interview

Panel Interview. Behavioral based questions primarily. The entire process from start to finish was very long and often times had to call to check what step or phase I was at. Overall a good experience but not a generally fast process from application to start date.