Yara Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yara Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2016

2.9

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Porsgrunn (Norway)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yara (Porsgrunn (Norway)) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by phone, with the Recruiter who asked basic questions (such as, my norwegian level, my notice period, if I was willing to relocate, if I had work permit, so send him my university grades).

Afterwards I was invited to go to their offices for a 1,5h interview with the Recruiter and the Hiring Manager (Yara has paid for the flight and taxi from/to airport).

In this last interview they were looking on my CV into detail, also asked about my experiences and described the company and the position. They also asked for references.

Interview Questions

• What are stochastic processes   1 Answer

Business Tactic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yara (Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via cellphone about a month ago to arrange an interview at 2 pm with a HR analyst and the Commercial Projects Manager (CPM, from now on). I arrived 10 minutes early, as it is customary for me. It took 15 minutes for the HR analyst to show up. The CPM did not show up because of an "urgent matter" (which, according to what I heard from the receptionist, was a bank diligence).

The HR analyst apologized for the delay and CPM's absence. Then, with my CV on her hands, the HR analyst asked me questions about me, everything OK here. I felt like I was a good fit for the position. Then, she told me that she would arrange a future meeting with CPM in order to make up for his absence. Guess what? As of now, I have not been contacted by anyone at Yara, neither the HR analyst nor CPM, no one. I have called them several times, and the receptionist poses bogus excuses, i.e. "HR analyst is out of town, and I do not know her agenda"; she doesn't even forwards my messages to the HR analyst.

I have also sent LinkedIn InMail messages to both HR analyst and CPM more than two weeks ago, and I haven't got an answer from them. This seems to be what I deem as "Recruiting Cowardice", where candidates waste their precious time because of mediocre HR staff, managers (i.e. the one requiring the position) or companies, and candidates do not receive feedback.

Insulting.

Yara Pilbara Summer Vacation Work Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yara.

Interview

Applied online
    Unannounced phone call a month later, asking a few screening questions and whether you are still interested and what you know about Yara and the role. Phone call was brief and only about 5-10 minutes.
    Very soon afterwards, get called and asked to do a technical phone interview with a senior process engineer and a process engineer. Very technical interview, reasonable length of about 30-40 minutes, knowledge of the processes involved is a must.
    Final stage interview is after the phone interview, and is f2f, which is very behavioural based

Interview Questions

• What percentage of your university learnings do you think will be useful in this role?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yara.

Interview

Applied online. After a first selection I was required to provide a transcript of records. Then I was contacted for a telephone interview and received the email with the offer a few days later.

Process Technician (Western Australia) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yara (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview with a panel of 3, HR Leader, Integration Manager and General Manager of process plant (technical ammonium nitrate). Fairly straight forward interview done in a friendly atmosphere, more technical questions than behavioural questions. Encouraged me to ask questions at the end, which I did but the answers provided were not too descriptive as if they didn't want to give too much away.

Interview Questions

• What contributions can you bring which will add to our extensive safety framework?.   Answer Question
    • How have you dealt with a troublesome work colleague in the past?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Two days after interview I received an email informing me that I have advanced to next stage (referee checks and medical examination). Seem keen to advance quite quickly.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yara in August 2013.

Interview

Headhunter called me if I am interested in to work for the Company.
    I've been seeking, so I asked for more details.
    I've submitted my CV and very soon I received a phone call to agree in the time of phone interview.
    During the phone interview they've asked me about my previous jobs, positions and tasks.
    Because I fit perfectly to the open position there were not so many questions, but they've invited me for a personal interview as well.
    On the personal interview I had some kind of technical tests, to verify my competency and because I had the right answers for all the questions, they've asked me when can I start.

Interview Questions

• none, they were all techncial and HR questions   1 Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Porsgrunn (Norway)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yara (Porsgrunn (Norway)) in January 2013.

Interview

You send in an application containing a cover letter and a CV. It then takes from 2 to 3 weeks before they contact you about a telephone interview. If you pass the interview, you get the internship

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Credit & Collections Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yara (Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)) in January 2012.

Interview

I had 3 interviews with 2 different people. First of all I had and interview by phone and they asked me about my experience as a Credit Analyst, then we talked about my experience in my last 2 jobs. Then the recruiter made the interview in English and they asked me to sent 10 questions in English and Spanish. Then I receive a call about the Job Opportunitie was suspended to new advice.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to travel???   1 Answer

Integrationsingenieur Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yara (Berlin (Germany)) in May 2014.

Interview

Der erste Schritt bestand darin, dass sie mir eine technische Prüfung gaben. Allein diese telefonische Prüfung zu organisieren dauerte 1 1/2 Wochen. Als das erst einmal aus dem Weg war, riefen sie an, um ein persönliches Bewerbungsgspräch (mit 3 Personen) zu organisieren. Am Freitag hatte ich das Bewerbungsgespräch. Am Ende des Gesprächs machten sie mir dann das Angebot. Bis Montag wollten sie eine Antwort. Sie sagten, bis dahin könnte ich gerne Fragen stellen. Am Samstag schrieb ich dem Yara-Gremium einige Fragen per E-Mail. Eine Frage, die sie nicht mochten, drehte sich um Freiberufler. Ich mag es, in meiner Freizeit zusätzliche Arbeit zu leisten (Wochenenden, Abende etc.). Leider ließ diese Frage bei ihnen die Alarmglocken läuten. Es schien als wollten Sie das Angebot zurückziehen. Das hat mich ziemlich verwirrt, aber ich muss verstehen, dass das deutsche Mentalität ist. Am Montag sagte ich, dass ich die Stelle haben wollte und keiner freiberuflichen Arbeit nachgehen würde. Es dauerte dann weitere 2 Wochen, bis sie sich entschlossen hatten. Sie sagten, sie würden mich anrufen, aber schickten mir dann schließlich eine E-Mail, in der es hieß, dass ich für die Stelle nicht geeignet sei.

Während des Bewerbungsgesprächs mit dem Gremium kam der Personalvertreter aus Norwegen runter und sagte, sie wollten "Vielfalt" am Arbeitsplatz. Ich bin eine nicht-kaukasische Person und dachte mir, ich würde in diese "Vielfalt" gut hineinpassen. Aber die "Vielfalt", nach der sie suchten, schien kaukasische Leuten aus verschiedenen Ländern wie Russland usw. zu sein. Das erfuhr ich von der Einstellungsleiterin von Experian. Die Frau schien sehr unerfahren und sagte, Experia wolle ein Team aufbauen.Im Gespräch mit Yara kam das nicht auf. Yara war sehr enttäuschend. Ich würde es mir zweimal überlegen, mit ihnen weiterzumachen.

Eine Sache, die sie mir auch sagten, war, dass mein Lohn 4000 Euro gewesen wäre, ABER aufgrund der Einstellungsgebühren schoss dies auf 6500-7000 Euro im Monat. Ich war geschockt, als sie mir diese Zahlen vorlegten.

The first step is they call and give you a technical screening. Even setting up this phone screening took 1.5 weeks. Once that was out of the way, they called to set up an in-person (panel of 3) interview. I had the interview on a Friday. They made the offer to me at the end of the interview. They wanted an answer by Monday. They told me to ask them any questions until then. On Saturday I emailed the Yara panel some questions. One question they did not like was about freelancing. I like to perform additional work on my time (weekends, late nights, etc). Unfortunately for them this question raised red flags. They seemed to want to retract the offer. This greatly confused me, but I have to understand this is German mentality. On Monday I said I would like the job and that I would not perform any freelancing. They took up to 2 more weeks to again "decide" about the offer. They said they would call but ended sending me an email saying I did not fit the job.

During the panel interview the HR rep from Norway flew down and said they want "diversity" in the workforce. I am a non-Caucasian person and I figured I would fit the bill in this "diversity". But the "diversity" they were looking for seemed to be Caucasian people from different countries e.g. Russian, etc. I found this out from the recruiter from Experian. The recruiter, she seemed very inexperienced, also mentioned that Yara wanted to build a team. In the interview process with Yara this was never brought up. Yara was very disappointing dealing with. I would think twice about moving forward with them.

One thing they also mentioned was my salary would've been 4000 Euros a month BUT due to recruiting fees this shot up to 6500 - 7000 Euros a month. I was in shock when they mentioned the figures to me.

Interview Questions

• Wir suchen nach "Vielfalt" in unseren potenziellen Angestellten. Yara will diese Art von Leuten "aufbauen". Würden Sie gerne für Yara arbeiten?   We are looking for "diversity" in our potential employees. Yara wants to "build" these types of people. Would you like to work for Yara?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ich konnte nichts aushandeln. Ich nahm das Angebot an, aber am Ende haben sie es ZURÜCKGEZOGEN. Mir wurde ein Gehalt angeboten, über das ich verhandelte.

I was not able to negotiate anything. I accepted the offer but in the end they RETRACTED the offer.