Yazaki Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.8

Design Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yazaki (Canton, MI).

Interview

Referred by current employee. The initial very brief phone screen was mostly intended to schedule an in-person interview. The in-person interview was with a panel of 2 managers, both of whose teams were hiring, plus 1 Design Release Engineer from one of the teams.

Interview Questions

• They were gauging my overall thought process and problem solving ability. Questions such as: If someone were trying to achieve a body type such as a certain celebrity's or a specific athlete's, what would they have to consider? If someone were trying to launch a rocket into space, what are all the things that need to be considered to achieve this?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with the scenario where there is too much work that it is impossible to get it all done within the deadline?   Answer Question
    • On some day, let's say that you just don't want to come into work. Provide an excuse for why you are not showing up.   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yazaki (Canton, MI) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied in the beginning of October. First I had a brief phone screen, then a 1 on 1 interview in Canton. Basic questions about resume, work history, and automotive.

Interview Questions

• What interests you in the automotive industry?   1 Answer

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yazaki (Canton, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

about 15 mins long interview. No behavioral or technical questions. Talked about mainly school. Seems like any type of engineer can apply for this Co-op. Part time and possibly a chance to hire you full time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Yazaki.

Interview

Only one interview with one person, asked basic behavioral questions as well had to do 3 3D drawings also asked many questions about my resume and past leadership roles I have taken.

Interview Questions

• Basic Behavioral Questions and questions about resume.   1 Answer

Summer(Mechanical Engineering) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yazaki (Canton, MI).

Interview

Interned at their HQ in Canton. Interviewer was my future supervisor and very friendly and easy-going. Pretty standard behavioral questions. He tested me by asking me to put together a part, and had me draw the isometric views of a couple simple parts and then use CAD (he let me use what I was most comfortable with, which was Solidworks). However, once I received an offer I was only given 2 days to accept... I asked for an extension and was given until the end of the week :\

Design Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yazaki (Canton, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

I sat down with a panel of interviewers who asked me about my knowledge of their company, my resume, and a bit about myself, as well as how to handle certain situations. Also, they asked about short term and long term goals. They then asked a couple technical questions. The entire interview lasted roughly an hour at their headquarters in Canton, MI.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yazaki.

Interview

Very pleasant interview. Unlike many of my recent experiences, the interviewers were good at interviewing. Mostly walked through my resume and explained my projects and experiences listed. Many questions regarding on how I've worked with team members on past projects.

Interview Questions

• Q: How does a compiler work?
      Q: Describe a time you've had to work with a difficult person
      Q: How do you resolve disagreements at design stage within a group?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yazaki (Columbus, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

I heard back from Yazaki in a timely manner. Communication with HR was great. I interviewed with 4 total people, 2 of which really talked. It was a very simple interview, just typical questions you would expect.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question
    • When you are overloaded with work and have a deadline to reach, what do you do to manage and handle it?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the wire harness?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yazaki (Canton, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Met HR representatives at a university career fair. About a week later I applied online to multiple summer internship positions. I got a call the next week asking for my availability for an interview and I scheduled one for later in the week. I went to the headquarters campus to do a one-on-one interview with a hiring manager that I would be working for if I got the position. The following week I was extended an offer and was given about a week to decide whether or not to take the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest strength? What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Yazaki (Canton, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with senior program manager and platform manager. Within 2 weeks they let me know they were trying to set up an interview with the director. A few weeks after that, they decided to just make me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why Yazaki? Why are you moving?   1 Answer