Yazaki Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yazaki Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Yazaki.

Interview

Only one interview with one person, asked basic behavioral questions as well had to do 3 3D drawings also asked many questions about my resume and past leadership roles I have taken.

Interview Questions

• Basic Behavioral Questions and questions about resume.   Answer Question

Summer(Mechanical Engineering) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yazaki (Canton, MI).

Interview

Interned at their HQ in Canton. Interviewer was my future supervisor and very friendly and easy-going. Pretty standard behavioral questions. He tested me by asking me to put together a part, and had me draw the isometric views of a couple simple parts and then use CAD (he let me use what I was most comfortable with, which was Solidworks). However, once I received an offer I was only given 2 days to accept... I asked for an extension and was given until the end of the week :\

Design Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yazaki (Canton, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

I sat down with a panel of interviewers who asked me about my knowledge of their company, my resume, and a bit about myself, as well as how to handle certain situations. Also, they asked about short term and long term goals. They then asked a couple technical questions. The entire interview lasted roughly an hour at their headquarters in Canton, MI.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yazaki.

Interview

Very pleasant interview. Unlike many of my recent experiences, the interviewers were good at interviewing. Mostly walked through my resume and explained my projects and experiences listed. Many questions regarding on how I've worked with team members on past projects.

Interview Questions

• Q: How does a compiler work?
      Q: Describe a time you've had to work with a difficult person
      Q: How do you resolve disagreements at design stage within a group?
      Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yazaki (Columbus, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

I heard back from Yazaki in a timely manner. Communication with HR was great. I interviewed with 4 total people, 2 of which really talked. It was a very simple interview, just typical questions you would expect.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question
    • When you are overloaded with work and have a deadline to reach, what do you do to manage and handle it?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the wire harness?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yazaki (Canton, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Met HR representatives at a university career fair. About a week later I applied online to multiple summer internship positions. I got a call the next week asking for my availability for an interview and I scheduled one for later in the week. I went to the headquarters campus to do a one-on-one interview with a hiring manager that I would be working for if I got the position. The following week I was extended an offer and was given about a week to decide whether or not to take the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest strength? What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Yazaki (Canton, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with senior program manager and platform manager. Within 2 weeks they let me know they were trying to set up an interview with the director. A few weeks after that, they decided to just make me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why Yazaki? Why are you moving?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yazaki.

Interview

One interview that included a question session then I was led to a performance test in which I had to create a design on the computer. It was straightforward, pretty easy.

Design Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yazaki (Canton, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

Very straightforward. The interviewer wanted focused an even amount on personality and skillset. Expect questions about your background experience. Successful projects you have done in the past are big. Also, the interviewer emphasized that the whole manufacturing line depends on you and to expect late design changes from automotive clients such as GM or Ford. You are basically responsible for positioning the wiring inside the car while dealing with internal obstacles (metal sheets, edges, etc.). The interviewer made it clear that flexibility and adaptability are essential qualities for this role.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any background projects? Were they successful?
      What do you know about our company?

The interviewer will look at your resume and ask you questions based on what you submitted.
      Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yazaki (Canton, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

Standard interview questions. They really want to get to know you and if you're a good fit for the company. That is important to them. Great experience overall, and I was offered above my salary expectations