Yell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yell Interview Questions

Interviews at Yell

3.4

Telesales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Accrington, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yell (Accrington, England (UK)) in October 2020.

Interview

They move very fast, all done within a week. Phone screening first then Teams interview for 1 hour. Very relaxed throughout the whole process. I had to rearrange at the last minute and they were very understanding.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you were under the target, frustrated and feeling like you didn't know where the next sale was coming from. How did you cope? What actions did you take? What were the results?   1 Answer

Nov 4, 2020 – Head of Recruitment

We are really pleased you had a positive experience during the interview and we wish you all the success in your new role with us. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review.

Telesales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wrexham, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yell (Wrexham, Wales (UK)) in October 2020.

Interview

Easygoing, yet thorough.

The whole process from first interview to a job offer was very quick (2 days). Instead of it being a daunting interview I felt that they knew what they were doing, they knew what questions to ask but also how to ask them so as not put you on the spot.

I would say it’s the best interview I’ve had. I was also fortunate enough to be offered the position the same day.

Interview Questions

• Where I want to be in five years time   1 Answer

Nov 4, 2020 – Head of Recruitment

Thanks for leaving us a review on your interview experience. We are really pleased you had a great experience. Congrats on securing your role with us :)

Interview

Fully remote interview process with manager in the US when the company was branded as Hibu. 2 x interview with hiring manager, 1 x with recruiter. Process was efficient and speedy.

Interview Questions

Yell Response

Oct 9, 2020 – Head of Recruitment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we are really pleased to hear you had a positive experience.

Interview

1 Face to face interview and found out the next day I had got the job - good hiring experience with them. Had a call with the internal recruiter first, before this.

Interview Questions

Yell Response

Oct 9, 2020 – Head of Recruitment

Thanks for leaving us a review on your interview experience. We pride ourselves on offering a great candidate experience so it's great to hear you had a positive experience.

Telesales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bideford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yell (Bideford, England (UK)) in September 2020.

Interview

Really easy process and I was kept in the loop on each stage of the Interview process.
    I applied online and then received a call from the recruitment Team , made me feel very relaxed and explained the Interview process to me , had a Telephone Interview and had to take an online test and then we had the Face to Face meeting over Microsoft Team with the manager and HR. I was made to feel relaxed and both HR and the Manager interacted with me really well and answered any questions I asked openly and honestly.

Interview Questions

Yell Response

Oct 9, 2020 – Head of Recruitment

Thank you so much for leaving us a review, your feedback is extremely important to us to ensure we can improve our process where needed. We are really pleased you had a positive experience during the interview and we wish you all the success in your new role with us.

Digital Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yell (Newcastle, England (UK)) in February 2020.

Interview

Following initial screening - telephone interview, followed by a general intelligence test (taken online), personality profile (again, online), face to face interview (inc listening to a recorded call, role play and presentation)

Oct 9, 2020 – Head of Recruitment

Thank you for leaving us a review, we are really pleased you had a positive experience.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yell (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in January 2020.

Interview

A telephone interview with Dora Denman to begin with, followed by two face to face interviews with Len Curtis. Both Len and Dora were very engaging and supportive. Presentation at first interview followed by role play coaching at second.

Interview Questions

• As I don't come from a digital media back ground, it was good to explore in the interview how my experience and knowledge can benefit Yell, and give me a new experience.   Answer Question

Oct 9, 2020 – Head of Recruitment

Thank you so much for leaving us a review, we are really pleased you had a positive interview experience with us.

Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yell (Liverpool, England (UK)) in January 2020.

Interview

So friendly, I was looked after by everyone I spoke to and met, structured and relaxed at the same time. First interview ive had that i can actually say I thoroughly enjoyed

Interview Questions

• What is your typical day like   1 Answer

Oct 9, 2020 – Head of Recruitment

Great to hear you had a positive experience and we wish you every success in your career with us. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yell (Manchester, England (UK)) in December 2019.

Interview

We all know how hard the process of applying for a new job can be, from the long-winded applications that are unlikely to be seen by a human to the cold corporate interrogation of interviews you’ll have to put yourself through. Well recently I applied for a job at Yell and thanks to their genuine and personal approach to recruitment, I never experienced any of that.

Everything from the ease of the online job portal, where you’ll find all you need to know about the roles and the company to the speed of the online application process and the appointment of a real life, down to earth recruitment specialist, there to support you every step of the way (special credit to Dora Denman, my recruitment specialist who was not only supportive and encouraging but always willing to go the extra mile)…the thoughtful “Good luck” messages I received from her and Yell the night before the final interview really meant a lot :)

Although I was riddled with nerves on the day of the final interview, the panel (Craig Taylor and Len Curtis) were amazing! I can honestly say that even if I wasn’t successful, the valuable feedback I received from them would have gone on to help me in my career professional development, thankfully “I got the job” (ABSOLUTLEY BUZZZZING) and although I’ve yet to officially start this next exciting chapter of my life, I have come to the conclusion that you can only be the best version of yourself when you are surrounded by supportive people in an environment where those around you truly want to give you the best chance of succeeding. I genuinely believe this is the case with Yell. If you’re thinking about applying…stop wasting your time reading this slightly cheesy review and go for it ;)

Interview Questions

• “Imagine you have been given a brand new area with Yell, tell us how you would find new & start-up businesses in this area, what would you do?”   Answer Question

Oct 9, 2020 – Head of Recruitment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, we really care about our candidates and the experience they go through from start to finish. Appreciate your feedback and glad you had a positive experience.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Yell (London, England (UK)) in December 2019.

Interview

I had a number of phone and face to face interviews and 2 on line tests. The final interview was both an assessment and face to face including a 30 day presentation

Interview Questions

Yell Response

Oct 9, 2020 – Head of Recruitment

Thank you for leaving us a review, we are really pleased you had a great interview experience with us.