Yell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yell Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

3.4

DCSE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yell (Scarborough, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview consisted of four stages. First you will take part in a spelling and grammar test. Then a formal interview where you will be asked 6 questions which test your ability to think on your feet. The third stage is a telephony exercise as the job is telephone based, you will be given a scenario and you have to act as the DCSE in order to get as much info as possible off the person on the phone. The fourth stage is a copy writing exercise. You use the info gathered from the phone call to write a homepage for a website.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have failed and what you have done about it ?   Answer Question

Field Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cobham, Surrey, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yell (Cobham, Surrey, South East England, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a really positive experience, mainly due to the fantastic approach of Mark Cull, Head of Talent Acquisition. Mark was supportive, positive, and a great ambassador for the Yell brand.

The process involved an initial phone screening with Mark, followed by online personality and aptitude tests. I was then invited to a face to face interview, but had to turn down the job before the face to face (as I accepted an offer elsewhere.)

Interview Questions

• The personality testing which I undertook was an interesting new approach. For c 50 questions (online) I was not only asked for my own honest responses, but an indication of what I thought the preferred responses of the employer would be. Very interesting, and a very honest approach.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Yell (Manchester, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Quite intense, with on line assessments and profiling.
    first a telephone interview to see if you have the basic skills, then assessments, then face to face interview with 2 senior managers and a fifteen minute presentation.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone consistently missed target.   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yell (Birmingham, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process was thorough but relevant. Initially speaking with Marc, who I must add, is the best recruiter/talent acquisition person I have dealt with in my career to date - professional, personable and obviously talented in his role.
    This then developed to a telephone interview, once again with Marc, going through my CV, a few competency questions and a bit of understand knowledge of digital marketing.
    A few psychometric tests followed.
    Followed by a final stage face to face interview. This was held in Birmingham offices. Interview was firm, but relevant. Consisted of getting to know me, my history, what I could bring to the business etc.

Digital Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cobham, Surrey, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yell (Cobham, Surrey, South East England, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Part one was a 30 - 40 min telephone interview followed by two online questionnaires.

This was followed by a 10 min f2f presentation, role play and competency based interview.

I enjoyed the whole process and everyone involved was a pleasure to deal with. This seems to be a theme at Yell. They also respected my notice period and went through the above without delay which meant I could get on to the training course.

Digital Field Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yell (Dundee, Scotland (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Was contacted within 24hrs after applying online (which was very easy to navigate). Marc Orme was very thorough in the initial telephone interview and was great to talk over the phone with. He kept me in the loop constantly what was happening and I never once felt like my application was at the back of the queue. After a couple of online assessments I was invited to the face to face interview stage with 2 managers. There was a general chat about me and my CV and then some more in depth discussions about my career to date. A presentation followed and then a Role Play scenario (something that fills me with fear). All in all a tough process but one that filled me with confidence that they place a lot of faith and trust in their employees.

Interview Questions

• Which Yell products do you believe should be the priorities for any local business and why?   Answer Question

Digital Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yell (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Fantastic process; very detailed and quick. Started with a phone Interview with Marc Orme, who is so friendly and approachable - felt like chatting to an old friend! Then you complete an Aptitude & Personality Test online, followed by a face to face Interview where you had to prepare a Presentation on Yell Products and do a Role Play. All together about 9 days from initial contact to being offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous experience - some SAR questions.
      Interested in finding out about me as a person.
      Answer Question

Field Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yell (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted very quickly by email and phone to set up the initial phone interview. This didn't last long as I don't currently do anything like the activity and KPI levels they need. I got blown out but professionally and courteously and frankly I was impressed that they gave me an interview.

Interview Questions

• What would be the most important thing you would look for from Yell as a business.   Answer Question

Digital Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swansea, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Yell (Swansea, Wales (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

3 Phase interview. Phone with a few tests, Face to Face then another Face to Face with the Sales Director. I had booked holidays so wasn't able to start at the time required so had to wait till the next enrolment

Interview Questions

• Questioned me on my experience and my industry knowledge   1 Answer

Digital Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yell (Southampton, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

4 stage process, had a phone interview with Marc Orme, then a personality test & general intelligence test followed up by a face to face with Craig & John. Marc was very helpful throughout the process. The process was reasonably tough but reassuring that I was joining a good company

Interview Questions

• What would be in my 'brag file' for a face to face?   1 Answer