Yell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yell Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2017

3.3

Digital Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yell (Sheffield, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

The Interview process was really quick and straight forward, Marc in Talent Acquisition was really helpful with the whole process. I had to apply, have a telephone interview, do some on line tests then go for a face to face meeting with a prepared presentation. A great experience and I feel I was dealt with very well throughout.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work at Yell?   1 Answer

Digital Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yell (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

Tough - Do your research and know your stuff. Everybody is friendly and extremely professional but you need to be on the ball. There is a telephone interview with a role play, two online tests and a personality test. Then I met with the regional manager and my now line manager and went through introductions, a pre-prepared presentation, two more role plays and more questions. All in all it was a challenging process but really worth it now I am here.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from the hundreds of applicants I speak to everyday?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yell in April 2017.

Interview

Excellent from start to finish. Spoke to the in-house recruiter. Followed by phone interview a couple of tests. Final interview with a presentation and a little role play. I always believe that an interview process says alot about the company. Yell and it's processes were excellent throughout. I look forward to starting.

Head/Director of Consumer Products Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yell (Reading, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by the Head of Talant Acquisition after they had seen my profile on LinkedIn and looked to be a good fit for their role. I was not looking for my next move but felt it was a good opportunity so was happy to have an initial discussion about their needs & my experience.
    Initial telephone interview. Useful for both side to establish the full details of the role and requirements. Open and constructive questions and answers.
    Was told that they would prepare a shortlist for a face to face... Never heard anything, chased once, Yell did not even afford the courtesy of of a reply - even to say 'no thanks'.

Very poor experience. Yell approached me and I gave up time to find out more about the company & the role only to be blanked when I followed up for feedback. Next time, don't bother, there are places I'd rather work.

Interview Questions

Yell Response

May 26, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

I am disappointed to learn that your interview experience with Yell was ‘very poor’ and I take full responsibility for that. This is certainly not typical of our business. We have received a ... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yell.

Interview

I can honestly say this was the best interview process I have ever been through. The in-house recruiter, Dora, was a fantastic point of contact for Yell and kept me completely informed throughout the whole process. Clear expectations were set throughout, promises were kept regarding contact and updates and everyone I met was friendly and engaging. A great recruitment experience.

DCSE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yell (Scarborough, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview consisted of four stages. First you will take part in a spelling and grammar test. Then a formal interview where you will be asked 6 questions which test your ability to think on your feet. The third stage is a telephony exercise as the job is telephone based, you will be given a scenario and you have to act as the DCSE in order to get as much info as possible off the person on the phone. The fourth stage is a copy writing exercise. You use the info gathered from the phone call to write a homepage for a website.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have failed and what you have done about it ?   Answer Question

Field Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cobham, Surrey, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yell (Cobham, Surrey, South East England, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a really positive experience, mainly due to the fantastic approach of Mark Cull, Head of Talent Acquisition. Mark was supportive, positive, and a great ambassador for the Yell brand.

The process involved an initial phone screening with Mark, followed by online personality and aptitude tests. I was then invited to a face to face interview, but had to turn down the job before the face to face (as I accepted an offer elsewhere.)

Interview Questions

• The personality testing which I undertook was an interesting new approach. For c 50 questions (online) I was not only asked for my own honest responses, but an indication of what I thought the preferred responses of the employer would be. Very interesting, and a very honest approach.   Answer Question

Digital Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cobham, Surrey, South East England, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yell (Cobham, Surrey, South East England, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Really quick process, always kept informed. First phone interview with Marc Orme and then face to face with Regional manager and Area manager. 10 minute presentation and 5 minute Role play. Marc was really good and helped immensely with preparation and felt like you could ask his advice on anything.

Interview Questions

• General experience questions. What's the hardest challenge you've had to deal with in your personal and working life.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yell in February 2017.

Interview

A professional, efficient process from the very start. Time line of events:

- Applied for the role via a job board, received a prompt response the next morning from the in-house recruiter. This was a fairly informal conversation to discuss the opportunity/my background in a bit more detail before setting up a more formal call
    - This was a competency based phone interview scheduled for two days later
    - The next stage was to complete two online assessments, one psychometric test and the other a general intelligence quiz
    - The following day I was given detailed feedback and we then set up a final panel interview/presentation
    - I was then offered the position the following morning!

Very impressed with the entire process, well done Team Yell!

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions, also asked questions around previous sales roles KPI's/targets/performance   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yell in February 2017.

Interview

Was a very thorough process, even from the first contact Marc was great. He kept me up-to date with the whole process and explained exactly what they were looking for. He arranged for me to attend an interview and again the whole process from start to finish was good. I am now working for Yell and I am VERY happy.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work for yell, and what can you bring to us that differs?   Answer Question