Yell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yell Interview Questions

Updated Nov 9, 2018

3.4

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yell.

Interview

Terrible, conservative, patronizing atmosphere. Interviewers were very stiff and formal in their approach. The interviewers looked positively confused about the company name hibu. The process is in 2 stages. If they don't like you they make a silly excuse like the interviewers had to leave early, very unprofessional. Obviously, the interviewers did not like me and yet they still asked me back second stage.

Interview Questions

Yell Response

Jul 12, 2018 – Head of Talent

I am sorry to hear that you had a negative interview experience. As a business we pride ourselves on providing an enjoyable yet challenging interview process. We also aim to reduce the number of... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yell (Reading, England (UK)) in November 2012.

Interview

Four interviews in total. Phone interview with HR first then hiring manager. If both of the phone interviews are fine, you will have to complete kinda IQ test, where speed means a lot, then face to face interview. If you pass that as well, you will receive an offer. Phone interviews are easy, IQ test is very simple but you have to be as fast as you can cause that is the only thing counts.

Interview Questions

• Logical games. Nothing to do with the job you apply, it is all about logic and problem solving.   1 Answer

Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yell (Birmingham, England (UK)) in June 2018.

Interview

I felt the interview process was ok however I felt a few questions that were asked very personal and inappropriate. Although I felt the listening in session was very good and a good insight to the role I will be carrying out.

Interview Questions

• What is your age?
      Are you married ?
      Children?   1 Answer

SEO Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Yell (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

Was an extremely relaxed and pleasant interview. It was more like a friendly chat with no annoying corporate stereotypical interview questions. Most probably because both interviews were done by managers rather than HR people.

Interview Questions

• As unhelpful as it is - I can't recall any uncomfortable questions - it was a friendly chat, rather than anything else.   Answer Question

Training Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston (Jamaica)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yell (Kingston (Jamaica)) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a face to face interview with the manager and the HR person was on the phone. The environment was absolutely warm and welcoming . Everyone was so nice and seemed like they were happy to be at work.

Interview Questions

• One question was asked alluded to my spiritual preferences and they ensured to tell me they were Christians.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yell (Leeds, England (UK)) in August 2018.

Interview

Yell has an excellent interview process which is fast, informative and transparent. I was provided with good material and advice prior to an initial telephone interview. The gentleman conducting the interview explained the role in an open and honest way and was very clear about the expectation of the role.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yell (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Two way conversation although very challenging as expected. Telephone Interview, Psychometric tests, face 2 face interview. The recruitment team were very clear throughout, during the 121 interview the interviewers were friendly and assuring.The follow up to the final interview was very prompt

Interview Questions

• What qualities would I bring to the team that nobody else would bring?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yell (Manchester, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

I have recruited staff in the past as a manager , and I learnt a lot about the whole process after this interview, very structured , from initial telephone interview , to the testing they do , to the final interview .

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for Yell   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cobham, Surrey, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yell (Cobham, Surrey, South East England, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

I was really impressed with Yell's interview process.

I got a call the same day I sent my application, and it only took 9 days to go from application to job offer.

It's really important to me to work for in a company/role that is a good fit, and although it all happened so quickly I felt very well-informed about what the role involves. I appreciated all of the information on their careers website and their video content too, very helpful for prep and getting a feel for what the job - and the interview process - involves.

Their communication was really clear, which meant I knew exactly what was expected of me at each stage and what would come next. This gave me the feeling that they really want good people to apply and join the company.

The final presentation/role-play/interview was very tough at times, but completely fair and I was delighted to get through it and accept the job offer!

This was the process for me:

1. CV-based application
    2. Telephone screening call
    3. Telephone interview
    4. Intelligence/aptitude test (online)
    5. Personality profile test (online)
    6. Final face to face interview

Interview Questions

• How could you have developed that [xyz] further?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yell.

Interview

Telephone interview then interview and role play presentation
    Interview was by sales managers who clearly did not understand HR rules as they asked very inappropriate questions. I left the interview feeling as if I did not want to work for this company and only wish I had followed my intuition.

Interview Questions

• Am I married
      Do I have children