Yell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yell Interview Questions

Updated Oct 3, 2017

3.3

Junior Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yell (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview was structured in three stages: a long phone interview, in which you were required to take two online tests that determine your personality, a practical exercise, which included shadowing a person working at Yell, and a 121 interview assessing previous performance.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yell.

Interview

There was an application stage, telephone interview, online testing, and a face to face interview. Marc at Yell was amazing at every stage of the process, really informative and helpful in his advice.

Digital Field Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Yell (Manchester, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Sent a video link showing role involving split between existing Cust and new business, yet role actually mainly new business. No account management or follow on by consultant, limits chance to grow share of wallet following initial first sale! No mention of digital sales experience on advert but preferred would be ideal to mention as a desired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the products you sell in current role, when if read CV current role not just about product but associated services   Answer Question

Digital Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wolverhampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yell (Wolverhampton, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process started as a Telephone interview that lasted around 40 mins. Once getting past that there were two online tests that were nice and straightforward. The face to face interview was with my Sales Manager and Regional Manager and lasted around 2 hours. The whole experience was much better than I have ever received and it was all very professional. In between Interviews the recruitment team at Yell were exceptional in providing all the details I required and instantly answered any questions I asked.

Interview Questions

• How would you initially go about getting to know your potential areas clients should you be offered the position?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

I was invited to attend a telephone interview. On the first occasion nobody called me at the agreed time. I emailed them in case they had tried the wrong number but they explained something had come up. We rearranged the interview for the following day. This time the same thing happened again. Not the kind of experience you would expect from a well respected company.

Digital Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yell (Manchester, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Telephone conversation initially, informal, relaxed but professional and clear, this led to a telephone interview, also aptitude/personality test resulting in F2F interview. Challenging, probing certainly but given the nature of the role this approach was relevant considering the high standards the organisation has. Delivery was respectful, friendly and welcoming at all times.

Interview Questions

• What would be the top 10 questions you'd ask a customer to understand what their needs might be later down the line?   Answer Question

Digital Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yell (Sheffield, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

The Interview process was really quick and straight forward, Marc in Talent Acquisition was really helpful with the whole process. I had to apply, have a telephone interview, do some on line tests then go for a face to face meeting with a prepared presentation. A great experience and I feel I was dealt with very well throughout.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work at Yell?   1 Answer

Digital Customer Services Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yell (Scarborough, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online & was asked to come to an assessment evening which was split into three parts. An interview with an ops manager, a telephony task & a spelling & grammar test. Interview was pretty standard questions like show me an example of how you hit targets. Or tell me a weakness & how you improved on it. The spelling & grammar test is a 30 min test in which you have to identify the correct spelling for some commonly misspelled words. Also using the correct tense & word like there their & they're etc. You are also asked to rewrite a paragraph of copy. The telephony task is they give you a fake business & you have to get information from them to be able to fill in a brief for a website

Digital Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yell (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

Tough - Do your research and know your stuff. Everybody is friendly and extremely professional but you need to be on the ball. There is a telephone interview with a role play, two online tests and a personality test. Then I met with the regional manager and my now line manager and went through introductions, a pre-prepared presentation, two more role plays and more questions. All in all it was a challenging process but really worth it now I am here.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from the hundreds of applicants I speak to everyday?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yell in April 2017.

Interview

Excellent from start to finish. Spoke to the in-house recruiter. Followed by phone interview a couple of tests. Final interview with a presentation and a little role play. I always believe that an interview process says alot about the company. Yell and it's processes were excellent throughout. I look forward to starting.