Yellow Pages Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 11, 2017

2.6

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucker, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yellow Pages (Tucker, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very professional and friendly management team. The questions were very relevant to the role, however, not very probing when it came to my background. Also, they attempted to pull others into the interview, however, no one else was available. The process wasn't very structured.

Interview Questions

• Why am I making the transition from the healthcare industry to digital advertising?   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yellow Pages (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

YP recruiter interviewed for about an hour. You call in and are directed to download fuzz a platform like skyp. The process took about an hour via Fuzz a program that gives you a face to face with the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• exactly how much money do you make currently. Exact breakdown about how many calls you make per day and hours and how they are broken down as to verify commission you make at present job. It is a highly micromanaged via cell phone, lap top, gps . every breath you take is micromanaged. Not a good fit for me.   Answer Question

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fishers, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yellow Pages (Fishers, IN) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, then in-person interview. The woman didnt ask many questions, mostly told me about the company the whole time. Never asjed to see my portfolio. She was really enrhusiastic, which is great, but she mad eme feel like i had the job until i got an email the next day sayong she gave it to someone else.

Temporary Graphic Dsigner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yellow Pages (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application, in about 2 weeks I received an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was brief. Pretty straight to the point. The following week I received an email to schedule an in person graphic design assessment. The assessment was strictly Adobe Illustrator. Be sure to brush up on creating masks, logos, and layouts. You will be presented with about 5 designs that you have to reproduce within an hour.

Copywriting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yellow Pages (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

I began an application online, which is a long process because it requires providing writing samples and completing an aptitude test. I didnt have time to finish it right at that moment, so I put it off for a week. Much to my surprise, I still received a phone call. I went in for the interview. The first 30 minutes was another writing test, followed by about 45 minutes of questioning from two different managers. When I left, I asked when I should hear back from them. They said by the end of the week. I did not hear back by the end of the week, so I got in touch with the hiring manager around the middle of the next week. She asked me to come in to shadow another employee. I came in again and shadowed two different employees. The second person I shadowed seemed nice enough but had nothing positive to say about the job and complained about it the whole time, which was extremely discouraging. Before I left, I sat down for a few minutes more of questioning. I was asked to share my references, so I emailed them later that day. Again, I asked when I should hear back and was told by the end of the week. Again, I did not hear back. I contacted them again and was told they would get back to me, but I never heard from them again, period. I'm not sure why they didn't just tell me that I hadn't gotten the job. The exact same job has been posted online recently.

I should note that I do have small facial piercings that I didn't take out for either of my trips to their office (although I did try to conceal them with makeup--plus, I asked and was told they didn't matter), and I partially credit that for not having gotten the job. I also think my enthusiasm waned the longer the process went on, and I stopped caring. However, I was explicitly told several times that I would be apprised of any new developments, and that didn't happen. The people interviewing me would have been my bosses, so in the end I'm glad I didn't get a job working for people who don't follow through on promises. They were polite but seemed disorganized and unsure of what they were looking for in an employee.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?
      What distinguishes you from other people who might apply for this job?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Temporary Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yellow Pages (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with HR and after couple days I received an email stating that I have to give a skill test according to my availability. I was very confident about my skill test and I gave my best. The skill test was 1 hour long only. And again after couple days, I found out that I have to give my final interview with two managers. The final interview was very straightforward and to the point. I have to say that the interview process was very quick and it turned out positive.

Interview Questions

• What was the challenge you faced during your past work experience?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yellow Pages in September 2014.

Interview

Apply online after 2 month, they give me a call and ask me to have a tech interview. I feel those problems are quite easy. We have interview through skype by two engineers. It take about 45 mins.

Interview Questions

• It is easy questions 1.Remove Duplicates from Sorted Array 2.write a add function of a Linkedlist.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yellow Pages in June 2014.

Interview

I got the phone interview first, then we scheduled for skills test the next week according to my schedule. YPG took a week to give me the result of the test skill. Once I got the result we moved to the group interview with the managers and to the french test.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yellow Pages.

Interview

Referral - phone screen - interview- follow up call w/offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really uncommon- all behavioral based interview questions really. - Lots of "Tell me about a time...." be prepared with stories that link back to what you can do for them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was good - I took it.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yellow Pages (San Diego, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

The process itself Was very straightforward. They want to get you on more of a personal level to see if your skills and personality would be a good fit for the company.