Yellow Pages Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
Yellow Pages CEO David A. Eckert
David A. Eckert

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work Life Balance - Work From home - Co-Workers - Team Members - Super Challenging Work Environment" (in 38 reviews)

• "Work from home (you need to be disciplined" (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "No room to advance - Stagnant Upper Management - Measured on many criteria that you have little to no impact on -" (in 25 reviews)

• "zero job security due to constant" (in 12 reviews)

1. "Sales Consultant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

I worked at Yellow Pages full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They had really great benefits, nice salary plus commission structure, loved my coworkers

Cons

The products we sold didn't work. Account Management was a nightmare

Advice to Management

Well closed now,..and under dex media for reasons I mentioned above

2. "Advertising account manager"

Former Employee - Advertising Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Advertising Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I worked at Yellow Pages full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is great pay and benefits

Cons

Not remote, extreme work load

Advice to Management

Be more organized

3. "Graphic Designer"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Yellow Pages full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment, generous benefits.

Cons

Lots of department cuts while I was employed

"sink or swim with no life vest."

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Tukwila, WA
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Tukwila, WA

I have been working at Yellow Pages full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Entry level into IT world

Cons

Good old boys club, poor management, operation structure, outdated equipment, not competitive in the market place.

Advice to Management

need a complete facelift, company mission that you actually follow, and new leadership.

5. "Paid very well"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Phila, PA

I have been working at Yellow Pages full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Made a ton of money

Cons

Managers need to be trained to managed.

Advice to Management

get further training for management.

"Troubled Company"

I worked at Yellow Pages full-time

Pros

The people you work with day-to-day, the average employees, really do seem to care about their jobs.

Cons

Upper management seems to have no idea what they are doing and are not connected enough to what goes on with day-to-day employees to figure it out. They had a real chance to make their business work and couldn't stick with one road map long enough to follow through.

There's almost no opportunities for advancement and even if you do take one you have no idea if that job will exist in a year.

"Sad Decline"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Yellow Pages full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you wanted to and were engaged there was small potential to get more and interesting things to work on. Depending on where you worked and who your manager was there was opportunity to get fun projects.

Cons

Very small potential for upward movement because the company is not growing. Completely production based. This is not a company that cares about putting a lot of effort into making websites look good. They care about cranking things out as quickly as possible. Which is fine but not a place for people wanting to be designers. One of the company values is collaboration yet none of the different departments worked together and at most times were at odds with each other. Overall is was sad to watch a company that was thriving at one time slowly start to die.

Advice to Management

It would have been a good idea to completely transition into a tech company. Hire developers to create web apps that have been requested by clients instead of buying third party products. This should have been done near the beginning though. All in all I think it's a little too late.

"IDIOCY RULES per CEO's leadership style"

I worked at Yellow Pages full-time

Pros

A paycheck. A lot to laugh about.

Cons

Headaches. Broken NetLinx systems. Lack of intelligent, effective communication. Lack of leadership. Lack of human resourses. THE single worst sales team I have ever worked with. THE single worst management team I have ever worked with. THE single worst HR I have ever experienced. THE single worst IT department I have ever worked with. THREE CEOs and SEVEN DIRECTORS in 5 years??!! The sales team is worthless, does a majority of their jobs incorrectly, then whines when they can't get the rules and deadlines broken to cater to their own idiocy, THEN they cry for higher commission. Hey, YP MACs...DO YOUR JOB THE RIGHT WAY. Try EARNING a commission instead of feeling entitled. Hey, YP MANAGERS...learn ethics, learn leadership, hire qualified people instead of your family member or neighbor. Hey IT...you're seriously awful and clueless.

Advice to Management

Quit. Go back to school. Learn how to manage with a spine, tact, and ETHICS. Put a human resourses rep in every office, not just your favorites. THINK about the low quality of your staff. Stop nepotism. Stop sexism. Stop unfair/unethical promotions. Fire all sales staff and hire some reps that have a functioning brain and can use it well. Hire managers with spines, ethics, and intelligence. Are you sending jobs to India because you're out of smart people up in Canada?

"Work hard, get outsourced"

I have been working at Yellow Pages full-time

Pros

PTO and flexible scheduling benefits.. I also enjoyed the team I worked in/with.

Cons

I can't even count how many CEOs/Presidents we have had in the past 8 years.. And now, due to years of mismanaged funds and product lines, my job is being outsourced overseas to people who will NOT be able to operate at the same level of expertise and knowledge of the product. I will be watching to see this company slowly crumble..

Advice to Management

Seems a bit too late for all of this, but you should have listened more to the production-level employees for suggestions on product offering improvements. So many bad business decisions and then, hey just close up a couple shops.. no harm, no foul, right? As long as the top-tier personnel get their big paychecks.

"Account Executive"

I worked at Yellow Pages full-time

Pros

Great pay, Great experience, Great people, Great training.

Cons

The public view of the companies product made it difficult to connect with business owners. The general perception of the public was that the phone book was irrelevant, obsolete and out of date.

Advice to Management

The management should have taken stock in there front line employee's and valued there input.