Yellow Pages Reviews | Glassdoor

Yellow Pages CEO David A. Eckert
David A. Eckert

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The upper management has no real competitive advantage in the market (in 16 reviews)

• Little to no employee perks, and whatever perks are left are slowly being taken away by the new CEO (in 7 reviews)

"I would work here again"

Pros

Good people and positive environment. I would go back to work for the company if I ever relocate back to Indianapolis or if they opened a location where I currently live.

Cons

As a designer I wish there was more direct communication between the customers and the designer.

Oct 13, 2016 – Yellow Pages / Pages Jaunes - Canada

We’re glad to hear that your experience was a great one and we’ll definitely be taking your comments into consideration as we look to constantly improve our customer fulfillment experience.

2. "Decent"

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Yellow Pages full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work life balance
    Good people

Cons

Slow to move especially regarding innovation

3. "Good commission, tough work environment"

Former Employee - Digital Account Executive in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Digital Account Executive in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Yellow Pages full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great commission structure. Good PTO.

Cons

120 phone calls a day. A lot of pressure from management.

Advice to Management

More focus on customer service.

"Meh"

I worked at Yellow Pages full-time

Pros

Benefits were decent; overtime available

Cons

Cap on advancing; cliquey managers

"Great Pay, that's it."

I worked at Yellow Pages full-time

Pros

The pay was really great.

Cons

The corporate structure was a joke.

Dec 14, 2017 – Yellow Pages / Pages Jaunes - Canada

As in other companies, YP periodically reviews its structure to ensure it has the proper skillsets and that our employees are fully equipped as we want everybody to be able to contribute with the... More

"sales rep"

Former Employee - Sales in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Yellow Pages full-time (More than a year)

Pros

work from home and have the ability to work your own hours

Cons

where should I start. the management is all trash. They do nothing to help you at all. 4 managers have been fired in months and replaced with no one. The product doesn't work and you have to lie to every customer to try and sell.

Advice to Management

you suck

Sep 28, 2017 – Yellow Pages / Pages Jaunes - Canada

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to read that your experience did not meet the standards we’ve set for ourselves. We are happy to share that we offer competitive benefits and work-life... More

"Poor Pay, Drudge Work"

Former Employee - Content Writer in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Content Writer in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Yellow Pages full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The CEO was a well-intentioned man but seemed out of his depth. His business was failing when I was there. Couldn't inspire his employees that he knew what he was doing.

Cons

The culture was too young & immature. Even the managers were too young. They were managing people far older than them & didn't have the life experience to do so.

Advice to Management

Need to work on effective communication with employees. Quit ignoring problems. This is why the turnover rate is so high.

Sep 28, 2017 – Yellow Pages / Pages Jaunes - Canada

High morale and employee well-being are of the utmost importance not only to HR, but to all departments across the company. We actively seek out areas and ways to improve and work with all managers... More

"YP is ok"

I worked at Yellow Pages (More than 3 years)

Pros

Commissions were really good. Made over $50k in 6 months. But they changed compensation plan tremendously

Cons

Lowered compensation plan and have to find leads to call all day

"Director"

I worked at Yellow Pages full-time

Pros

Great colleagues, flexible work schedule.

Cons

Since operates in very old-fashioned methods. Not open to innovative ideas and very slow to change. Doesn't leverage the talent to take advantage of fresh perspectives on products & processes.

"Easy and relaxed, but a dead end job"

I have been working at Yellow Pages full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

No stress, flexible hours, easy, and great coworkers. We all kind of feel like we're on a sinking ship, but it's a comfortable ship with good people to talk to as the ship sinks. We can take time off pretty much any time we need it, and if you're good at your job, you can spend a good portion of the day hanging out. Most people probably spend 30-40% of the day working. I never have to take work home with me, not ever!

The managers and senior managers all kind of share the same pain as the grunts, so they understand and are empathetic towards us.

Cons

Low pay, no growth opportunities. It's very unlikely that in Indianapolis you will ever move beyond your current position. The prospect of layoffs always feels a little too present. Pay is well below average, and we see no signs that will ever change. There is almost no motivation to work harder or perform better, because the best employees and the worst employees will both never go anywhere. Very little reward or consequence for job performance.

Corporate leadership pays lip service to employee engagement, but little more. Even after we say exactly why our morale is low, executives dismiss and deflect to latch onto unrelated issues. Caring about how employees feel stops COLD above the senior managers.

The sales team seems to have largely given up, and shifts blame to production teams. Because we rely on them for our jobs, we're all doomed when they fail to perform.

There are no exhaustive training programs, unless you count a Lynda subscription, of which we are officially allowed 8 hours of training time...per year. The digital production teams are supposed to be the future of YP, but we're certainly not treated like it.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees. Don't just say you take employee engagement very seriously, then deflect our concerns and say you think it's actually something else that's wrong. We know what's wrong; we live it.

Pay us what we're worth to the company. If we feel like we're worth little, we'll work like we're worth little.

Since our job is entirely on the internet, let us work from home sometimes. By flatly denying this, corporate demonstrates they have no trust or confidence in employees.

Reward high performers, and not just hopefully at the beginning of the year, if everyone else does well too. Don't make the managers and senior managers go behind your corporate backs to offer unsanctioned benefits for employees.