York Region Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 5, 2017

3.3

Research and Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newmarket, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at York Region (Newmarket, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online in August; Received request for interview by email in October. They explained that the interview was a 2 part process and the names of my interviewers. The interview consisted of a 60-minute written test (assignment related to role/department) where you had to read a report and answer a question; and panel interview by branch and department managers.
    Interviewers liked my thorough responses, and the interview was very positive.

Interview Questions

• Describe relevant skills/experience; describe type of policy relevant to the role; explain processes, and other behavioural questions. Really consider all aspects of the job requirements when preparing for your interview.   1 Answer

Co-Op Student Interview

Interview

The whole process was about 30 mins long, all the questions were behavior questions. The interviewer was nice and professional. It took about 2 weeks from application to interview.

Environmental Compliance Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at York Region (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

I was sent an e-mail asking me to complete an assessment assignment. In this e-mail I was given a day and a half to produce a one page handout and a powerpoint that had to be narrated or a video of me presenting some type of slide show about the assessment problem. The e-mail stated that this would be graded and if successful, you would be asked in for an interview. My personal thought was that they already had somebody in-mind for the position, and that's why there was a short turn around on the presentation. The e-mail also contained a line, that if you were not interested in doing it (the assessment) to e-mail them back ASAP. I have never been asked to make a presentation have it graded in a blindbox (not present it myself) and then see if you get an interview. I have 10 years experience in Environmental Compliance and the past six years with a municipality, the assignment that I was asked to do, was a problem that I had solved in a previous job. I received a generic e-mail a week after I sent in the assessment (of course only after me sending an e-mail to inquire about the status of the job competition) saying that I was not successful . Less to say the HR people at York Region are less than helpful when asked questions and there was no face to face contact at any time (Inver once stepped foot in a York Region building). No explanation or feedback on the presentation itself, hard to validate that this was a fair job competition. This by far is the strangest job process I have been through.

Interview Questions

• Please state how you would solve a problem using past experience in ISO Systems and Environmental law.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newmarket, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at York Region (Newmarket, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

The manager and her full stack assistant asked few basic questions. Professional and efficient to get information from you without giving you too much pressure. They are friendly as well.

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Gwillimbury, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at York Region (East Gwillimbury, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very clear and formal. Was briefed on the process before we began and was given enough time to consider responses. Included an initial phone screening. The hiring process was well in advance of the position - I had their response about two months before my start date.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural questions, relevant experience, questions about my interest   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at York Region in June 2014.

Interview

Behavioural based questions, interview panels are typically 2-3 people. Challenging questions, helps if you know about how the Region works (e.g. Council, Committees, etc.). Online application and internal candidates have preference over externals due to union environment. (Not applicable for non-union jobs.) Generally better to provide more detail than less in your answers.

Interview Questions

• How do your skills and experience relate to this position?   1 Answer

Public Health Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newmarket, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at York Region (Newmarket, ON (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

Essentially you need to tell them everything about you, the skills you offer, the experience you have, and your knowledge of the role through the case based scenario questions. The interviewers do not speak to you except when asking the questions and the rest of the time their head is down writing everything you say so that they can score it.

Interview Questions

• How your education and background have prepared you for the PHN role?   Answer Question

Engineering Assistant - Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at York Region (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2013.

Interview

Impromptu 5 min presentation

Interview Questions

• What should the government's involvement in sustainable solutions be?   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newmarket, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at York Region (Newmarket, ON (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

With any analyst position, there will be a 2 part process. You will need to write a written assessment on a computer followed up by a panel interview of 2-3 memebers. You must score at least 70% to be considered a successful candidate to move forward otherwise you are already out of consideration

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had obstacles in your project and how did you overcome these obstacles?   Answer Question

Outreach Program Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newmarket, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at York Region (Newmarket, ON (Canada)) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview had two parts. Written part was to describe in detail how would you prepare and execute program with people with mental disability. Verbal interview consisted of two people panel. Questions included how would you handle many different scenarios. Quantify your answers and mention anything that is relevant. The interview questions are being scored,passing rate is 60% to be considered.

Interview Questions

• Describe/ outline your education and work experience related to the position   1 Answer