York University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

York University Interview Questions

Interviews at York University

2.7

IT Specialist Interview

Interview

HR phone interview, followed by phone interview by the hiring manager. Then a face to face with 3 team members. The interviews lasted for 3-4 hours. They included both technical and generic questions.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at York University in February 2015.

Interview

I got two interviews. one of them was by phone and second one was in person. I got behavioral and technical questions. it was very soft and challenging about my past experiences and my skill sets

Interview Questions

Interview

I would NOT recommend applying. The application is cumbersome but not out of line compared to other academic jobs. They ask for 3 letters of rec, a teaching statement, research statement, cover letter, and CV.

Twice, I emailed the department chair, whose email was listed for more information about the job, with no response. Nor did I ever hear back about the status of my application or get any kind of rejection letter. As a well qualified candidate, I was disappointed in the rude lack of communication from the department and school.

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at York University (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2018.

Interview

My interview consisted of a panel of three; Human Resources Rep, department Director and what would have been my direct reporting Manager. The interview panel were friendly enough and put me at ease.. The two things that bother me about the interview (1) the questions asked did not in any way correlate to the job posting for the position I applied, this left me feeling blind sided and unprepared to answer questions for the specific role. And (2) the interview panel requested I prepare and deliver a presentation. I understand presentations are becoming the norm with interviews, however I am bothered and can't seem to shake the feeling that my presentation gave both the director and manager access to a lot of 'free' information they otherwise would have had to pay a consultant or at least put me on payroll for. Either way I really believe in the initiative that the department is trying to put into place at York University campuses and with or without my "FREE" information truly hope the initiative becomes a success.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall exactly but it had something to do with project management collaboration.   Answer Question

Circulation Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at York University (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2013.

Interview

Had to arrange queue cards in a call number order (took me to one room where I sat down comfortably and arranged the order as it is). Internal Reference greatly. I referred a couple people and they got the job without getting roasted. interview runs for about 1hour.
    ask about yourself and your work history
    show you are dedicated and flexible

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience you have experienced related to this job?   Answer Question

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at York University (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2013.

Interview

They asked a series of basic interview questions (top few Google-able questions). Alao asked a few basic web specific questions.Then, we did a portfolio review.
    Note: it is always good to familiarize yourself with web accessibility and AODA when applying to public institutions in Ontario (it is good practice generally too!).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult client   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at York University.

Interview

formal interview called in to recruiting department to discuss resume and why i was interested in applying for the vacancy. initially i applied on line but found that going through a recruiter was much straight forward. i went in the following month to have my first interview. that was it, the same day they told me i can start as an intern

IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North York, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at York University (North York, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

It was quite long. I felt nervous and also i felt like most of the questions were quite unecessary to be asked. I really wished I could get the job though.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if someone spills water in their laptop? How would you help?   Answer Question

Media Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at York University in January 2007.

Interview

Very easy. Asked which course you are enrolled in.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at York University (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

the interview process was very intense you are welcomed by the receptionist taken to a back room and then asked a series of questions. then the manager will ask you about you your personal life experiences and will ask you details about past work experiences