York University Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 116 of over 116 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at York University

York University

Application

I interviewed at York University

Interview

Very nice process, you apply, they call you in for an interview. There you have two interviewers who ask you behavioural questions. Also, situation response is a big deal at this interview.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if a resident starts yelling at you.
    Answer Question

York University

Application

I interviewed at York University

Interview

I applied through the career website and talked with one of my colleagues about it; they recommended it to me as well. The interview date was chosen a few months after and the process was very quick and i was contacted and let known right after.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

York University

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at York University

Interview

Maintain decorum during convocation and make sure the graduates stay in their designated areas. Making sure the parents do not leave once the ceremony has started and are silent during the announcements.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work during the convocation?

York University

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at York University in Jan 2020

Interview

30-45 minute interview/discussion with the PI regarding the role and responsibilities. Prior to the interview was emailing the PI with my Resume, Transcript and a brief summary of who I was and my interests in their lab/research.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Tell me about yourself Q: What lab techniques have you used in the past; describe its purpose Q: Do you have experiences in X,Y,Z (in any capacity?)

York University

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at York University

Interview

The first round comprised of 50 MCQ questions including aptitude, logical, C output questions and technical portions(Test Duration: 1 hour) :- Quantitative aptitude and Logical part was much more predominant, the questions were more intuitive and not typical paper pen/formula based. They were not very difficult but were very tricky. Suggestion: I would suggest to do practice from sites like Indiabix as it will give confidence to solve problems.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at York University (Toronto, ON) in Nov 2019

Interview

I have gone through 2 recruitment processes with York, about 5 years apart and for different types of positions. While I have been part of several unsuccessful competitions, York has one of the worst recruitment processes for a University. During my last process I was called to interview the next day, I didn't agree since a presentation was required. So they rescheduled me for two weeks later. Before the interview, they asked me to provide the presentation and told me that in addition to it, I would be going through an exam. I did the presentation, the interview and the exam in one day (about 2.5 hours in total, without counting preparation). During my interview, a secondary manager was falling asleep, which was very unprofessional. After the interview, HR called me and left me a message asking to send references, which I did immediately. After that I didn't hear back. My references weren't contacted and HR stopped answering my emails and calls. This was also my experience my prior time interviewing for them. To this date I have not received an email of rejection for either competition. My advise, a company that doesn't respect the hiring process, has other problems that heavily impact the employee experience.

Interview Questions
  • How do you balance the ethical requirements of a position like this, with high priority work?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at York University (Toronto, ON) in Oct 2019

Interview

After applying I got call within 2 weeks. during interview there were 2 interviewers. I were asked 7-8 questions and they wrote down my answers. Finally, they gave me a some lab related questions to answer in a paper.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you interested for this post?

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at York University (Toronto, ON) in Oct 2019

Interview

Essentially pitched the project and the needs of the project to see if I was able to implement the features that they needed. Questions about my overall experience and how it can help with their project needs.

Interview Questions
  • How would you go about outputting data in real time during the experiment phase?

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at York University (Toronto, ON) in Aug 2019

Interview

- I was invited for an interview about 2 days before the interview took place via email and phone coordination (no initial screening prior to actual face to face interview) - There were 4 people each taking turns asking questions - The interview itself felt very structured: i.e each interviewer had the same piece of paper asking questions and taking notes on it (these would be the same questions asked to all interviewees- to keep the interview consistent across all those being interviewed)

Interview Questions
  • - Connection between my studies and what I'm hoping to achieve on the job - How this job will help me achieve my long term goals - Skills/ Technology related questions (i.e. "do you have experience working with this platform..) - How comfortable are you/ do you have experience working with confidential material

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North York, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at York University (North York, ON) in Mar 2019

Interview

Overall, it was a great experience however; a lengthy process. The process took 12 weeks from the application through to interview and then finally being filled in that I was not the successful candidate. The application itself was decent, a week later I heard from an HR specialist to fill out a questionnaire which took 2 hours. A week later, my answers were forward to the HR rep who then asked me in for an interview. The interview itself was 2 hours - 1 hour of questioning and another hour of a hands-on test (which required to show a few of my digital skills/thought process). After not hearing back after the interview, a month later I contacted HR to see what the status was and they were still deciding. Another month went by, and then I was asked to call where HR closed the loop and said they had gone with another applicant. Be prepared to wait awhile.

Interview Questions
  • Questions about my background, skills, how I'd be able to fulfill the job duties.
1 person found this interview helpful