Yum! Brands Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 73 of over 73 interviews

Employee Referral13%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Yum! Brands

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Yum! Brands

Interview

- one HR round - two tech interviews - one managerial round Process was very smooth. They even gave a pre joining sessions for q/a. Recruiter was very helpful. One of the best recruitment process.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Python lambda function and its uses
    Answer Question

Yum! Brands

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yum! Brands in Jul 2021

Interview

I had a Phone call with recruiter and then a video call with a engineer who asked me to code few algorithm questions. I did good in this round. Later, I was asked to attend a pair programming round and I did good here too. I got selected for the final round of interviews in a week. I did good in those rounds too. I was waiting for the offer, but got a call in a week saying that I did good in interview but they hired their contractor for this position since he was working there already. They should have let me know about this in the first or second round. I felt frustrated for being spending my time to attend these interviews,

Interview Questions
  • Algorithm Questions, Time Complexity and Real Time App Coding

Yum! Brands

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yum! Brands in Jul 2021

Interview

One position I received a screener call, never heard anything back at all. Even after following up with recruiter weeks later. Another position: got an immediate interview with supervisor, quick turnaround from being reached out to, interviewing, and being informed they're moving forward with another candidate, position is still posted though. Interviewer was nice and enjoyable to talk with.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Yum! Brands

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yum! Brands

Interview

Sent my resume for screening after which first Round was an initial manager interview Second round was a team interview - four panel members: software developer(pair programming), QA test lead ( testing concepts), and two engineering managers ( to check cultural fit and ask other testing concepts)

Interview Questions
  • Coding, Testing frameworks, behavioral questions

Yum! Brands

Application

I interviewed at Yum! Brands

Interview

Interview with HR rep via phone followed by on-site interview with hiring manager and other team members. The on-site took 3-4 hours and concluded with lunch. The HR rep was very clear about what to expect and kept me informed throughout the process.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Yum! Brands

Application

I interviewed at Yum! Brands

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call. Had one interview. Asked basic interview questions (availability, previous employment, biggest strengths and weaknesses etc..). Was a very easy and quick process to complete.

Interview Questions
  • What is going to be your availability?

Yum! Brands

Application

I interviewed at Yum! Brands

Interview

Multiple levels managed well by a recruiter. Some technical discussions and no required task like at other places I have applied. I personally think that is lame and is a trend borrowed from development which data science is not development.

Interview Questions
  • What are favorite projects you worked on?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yum! Brands (New York, NY) in Jan 2021

Interview

I have had a few interactions. Contacted by HR to see if I was interested in a position on two occasions, only to be ghosted both times. For another position, I had a screening, then an interview. What I did not like about the interview is I felt it was expected for me to know every, single thing about the company's strategic DIRECTION. What outsider would know that?

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Yum! Brands

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yum! Brands in Oct 2020

Interview

I applied online and got a response from HR within a few days. The 1st HR interview (15-20 minutes of phone call) went well, and I must say the 1st HR person was helpful because it all went downhill after that. The 2nd HR emailed me about scheduling the interview. I asked for details on the whole interview process but never got the answer. Rater, I was directed to attend the technical interview. I joined the interview call (video call 1 hr.) and was surprised to see that the interviewer didn't introduce himself (apart from his name). The interviewer email address, showing up in the scheduled meeting, was his personal email address instead of work email address, which was surprising and rather raises more questions about how the security is handled at Yum! brands. Also, the interviewed never bothered to go through my resume. The interviewer was more interested in telling me that the job role is not of Data science manager but Sr. Data Scientist. Not sure why the interviewer thought that I am interested in the manager role while I applied for the Sr. Data Scientist position. I asked interviewer to elaborate more on the Sr. data science job duties, the team structure, the tech stack being used, but the interviewer was more interested in asking me questions rather than answering simple introductory questions. The interviewer started with the questionnaire like tell me about yourself, your work history, which is your favorite project etc. I started talking and got interrupted in between. It looked like the interviewer wasn't even interested in listening to me for a few minutes. In my mind, I already decided to not to join this organization after seeing so many negative signs. The questions asked were about ML models and python. I tried to answer but I was getting interrupted on right answers so I decided to wrap up the interview by saying I don't remember or I don't know to most of the questions. The trick worked as the interview moved to last segment i.e. any questions from me. The interviewer's first response to my questions is that there are too many question (I asked only 4 questions, which isn't too many!). He tried to end the interview after answering 2 questions half-heartedly. And, I was happy to walk away from 30 minutes of annoying interview as I got my last 30 minutes back. It is always great to see all the negative signs before joining the company and decide not to join rather than regretting your decision later on.

Interview Questions
  • Q. Tell me about yourself, your work history, your favorite project

Yum! Brands

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yum! Brands

Interview

15 minute phone call with corporate recruiter (Katie was cool) 45 minute video call with the Sr DevOps Manager and a Sr. DevOps Engineer. The call with technical leadership started with the devops manager stating that he didn't bother to read my resume but wanted a 'high level summary' of my career past, which is what a resume is for. The rest of the interview was overshadowed with awkwardness of me trying to provide the 'right' amount of information to satisfy the interviewer with, which proved to be an act of futility. He seemed to actually get annoyed at my attempts to figure out how he wanted me to repackage and communicate what he was asking for, considering it was all on the resume. Reading your candidates resume is an entry-level fee that all employers are charged. Not being able to find 5 seconds to parse a candidates resume indicates a lack of respect and appreciation for a candidates background and experiences. It's a very unattractive sense of entitlement and very telling of the culture. As someone else touched on they were interested in behavioral evaluation and not substance, which is a huge red flag.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly focused on me reading my own resume for the interviewer. Some tech related material was touched on by the senior devops guy.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 73 Interviews