Yusen Logistics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2017

2.9

Claims Prevention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yusen Logistics (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online on company website in December. About 1 month later, I received phone interview from recruiter which was basically a resume review without any situational based questions.

About 1 -2 weeks later, I received email inviting me to in person interview.

The interview panel had 2 people, the recruiter and the direct supervisor of this department.

Going over the relevant work history was easy, then the interview transitioned in the situation based questions which there were about three.

Interview Questions

• A situational based question, " Name a time you had to make a decision without all of the facts."   1 Answer

Ocean Export Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Yusen Logistics (College Park, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Crazy interview sounded like a high school exams where the manager will give you paperwork for you to highlight or circle correct/wrong answers, and a laptop for you to show how you would write emails

Interview Questions

• Write an email to a customer letting them know you have booked their shipment.
      Write an email requesting to book s shipment to a carrier.
      Answer Question

Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in SeaTac, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yusen Logistics (SeaTac, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

Fairly friendly and easy interview. Was even asked back for a second interview. Job title is deceiving and it really is a freight broker type position rather than a "management" position. I thought I had nailed both interviews and was given every indication that I would be given an offer, but then nothing. My gut feeling is their compensation is too low for the Seattle area. I live in Olympia and anything less than 65K in the Seattle market (especially with a 4 hour daily commute) is extremely below market.

Interview Questions

• Questions were more driven by your resume. Simple standard interview questions. Second interview was really a panel conversation interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Yusen Logistics (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

Extremely professional and up front about the opportunities that were available. I left the interview knowing exactly how long it would be before i knew something and where I stood in the process.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yusen Logistics in October 2015.

Interview

I was reached out to for an in-person interview when the Director, HR was in town. The day before, they cancelled and said that there was a change in plans the the Director was not coming into town, but they would reschedule once they had her schedule locked down. I was understanding of this and let them know of my interest. Never heard from them again...

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yusen Logistics (South San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Very casual interview. Was asked very few and vague questions. Nothing specific about my resume.
    I dressed business casual while the interviewer was dressed street casual (jeans, polo and an orange construction vest). The attire for the work place was street casual. It was an easy-going interview. Was not nervous due to the laid back nature of the interview process. It was mostly like having a regular conversation with someone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Do you have any other work experiences other than what's on this resume?   Answer Question

Job Interview

Interview

Interview process for the hiring of paid position to do required documents checking for import and export documents. Interview by three people the third of which joined later in the conversation Discussed possible benefits and work hours in addition to salary and further steps to be taken if job offer was made

Assistant Manager, Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yusen Logistics (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview took place with two women from HR. Pretty standard but both women were quite rude and what I felt to be quite unprofessional. They asked questions I found to be irrelevant to the job being interviewed for as well as commenting on my answers and bringing in family relations which I found to be inappropriate. Overall make sure you come fully prepared memorizing the job description and responsibilities as well as having some base knowledge of the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you think this job requires or what is your role?   1 Answer

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yusen Logistics (Carson, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with facility director and supplemented with questions from potential co-managers/co-supervisors. Asked questions about management style, ability to work with other managers and flexibility of schedule changes if necessary. Asked about life goals and how they would align with this opportunity. Reviewed background to verify resume data. Asked other questions to judge how I would handle pressure.

Interview Questions

• Asked about salary I was making at the job I was still at, which wasn't really relevant to this opportunity, but wound up setting a lower ceiling for this position.   1 Answer

Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Yusen Logistics (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone and Round Table. They wanted to cover resume and background. They were ill prepared and I would not have taken the offer During the round table their were people reading the paper. The salary they were offering was not sustainable on Southern California.