Zazzle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.8

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zazzle (Redwood City, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was at school at the time so I interviewed over the phone/Skype. I first interviewed on the phone with HR (about 20 min), then had a series of Skype interviews where I talked to all three designers on the design team (about 1 hour total). It was pretty straightforward, not really any questions that would throw someone off.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to get out of bed every morning?   2 Answers

Platform Business Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zazzle (Redwood City, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with multiple people that quickly threw questions but seemed to already have their mind made up about whether or not they were going to hire me.

Hiring manager came in and said that I wasn't normally a person they would consider and that I was only there because I was strongly recommended. Asked if I had any questions after that and wouldn't even make eye contact. Not sure how that's an interview, but completely was an eye opener that the impression you get of the company from outside is not an accurate portrayal of the inner workings and the personality of the people inside. It was very much like rush week at a fraternity/sorority and by the last interview you could see the theme.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing you believe to be true that nobody else knows is true?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Zazzle (Stanford, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

First the recruiter went over my resume and asked me so background question. Then he gave me 3 technical questions to solve, which will be described in followings. After that, I asked him when I would get the results. He said one week. But 3 weeks have passed, and nothing comes back. I think I might fail.

Interview Questions

• 1. How to reverse a string. 2. Given to rectangle, judge whether they overlap. 3. Paint house.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zazzle in September 2015.

Interview

two phone interview, one is 1 hour, the second is 3-hour. They respond really fast after I ask one of their employee to refer me. But after the second interview, they asked me to wait for message and declined me. I thought I behaved OK in the interview because I heard the interviewer said something like awesome and great and thought my solution was satisfying. The result is not what I expected.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zazzle (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

share a google doc using Skype. Then the first question is about traverse a binary tree with some missing child. I don't remember much details. at that time, I just start to learn how to code so I failed this easy interview

Pmm Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zazzle (Redwood Shores, CA).

Interview

Was quick and the recruiter was responsive and actually followed up after I didn't get the job. Which is VERY RARE. I interviewed with 6 people, all seemed really young and inexperienced. I had to present a strategy on how to grow their invitation line. I thought I killed it!

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager didn't want to review my deck prepared and instead wanted me to figure out train station problems. There were no right or wrong answers he was just looking for how I would approach the problem and defend   Answer Question

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zazzle (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Stresses that there is an intensive 2 week training period (wasn't that hard).
    Asks about handling difficult situations, like handling difficult people.
    Asks about a time where you sold something and why you would like to work in this field.

Visual Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Zazzle in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty negative and borderline unprofessional experience. I applied a month before they got to my application and had forgotten about them. They finally emailed me that the hiring manager was interested in me and thought I had a great portfolio — but he needed to see more pieces. Very vague request. I let them know that my best work was already on my portfolio (which has over 40 pieces, so not sure why the hiring manager needed to see more, but I asked for clarification). A week later, the recruiter sets up a phone screen with me; we talk about my background and more about the position. I pass the phone screen.

On a Friday afternoon, the recruiter emails me a 3-part "graphic design test" that I am to do over the weekend and send over by Monday. She did not ask me if my weekend was open to do this kind of free work. Surprised that despite having 10 years experience and a good portfolio, I was being asked to do a lengthy test and give up part of my weekend for something that may not even pan out, I delayed doing the test until the work week. At the beginning of the week, the recruiter follows up to see if I am done with the test yet, and I let her know that I hadn't planned to work on the weekend plus I had to put paid work before their super lengthy and involved test, and that I could get to it now (Tuesday). She let me know that they weren't willing to wait for me to do the test during the work week, and that they're moving forward with other candidates who have already completed the test. I sure hope they find their ideal worker who doesn't care about work-life balance and is fine with unsavory and predatory practices against designers.

Creative Department Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Zazzle (Redwood City, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

They poached me unsolicited rather aggressively. The recruiter spent a lot of time with me, both in-person and on the phone, but the other staff members only got 30 minutes each. They scheduled my in person interview and then called back to try and make it a week earlier because they didn't want me to accept an offer from another company. Yet after I turned in the creative assignment (see description below) they never got back to me and I had to chase them down for a reply after 2 weeks Totally unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• The main thing I want to say here is that the creative assignment they gave me was unbelievably inappropriate. I've done and given my fair share of these, so I didn't at all mind that this was part of the process. But I was totally taken aback by the sheer volume and breadth of work they asked for, and the level of finish they expected. In the past if I ever gave a candidate or prospective agency an assignment of this magnitude, I paid them for it. The assignment was to both critique in detail past work and provide a new integrated campaign to showcase the changes you would've made. And a future integrated campaign. In both cases a full strategic analysis, media plan, multiple options were expected...and you were expected take all of this work to a full level of finish. High-fidelity finished PS files and then some. They also told me to "take as much time as I needed" to complete the assignment. This is odd. A year? A month? Tomorrow? Aren't you looking to hire someone asap?
      Anyways, it felt like idea farming and I'm definitely keeping an eye on their marketing in the next year.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zazzle.

Interview

Worst company I have ever dealt with. I applied for a position and they reached out over email to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was set up, never received a phone call. Emailed recruiter to check in and something came up. Life happens, I get it. So we rescheduled for the same time, next day. Next day came around and no phone call. I was no longer interested.

I didn't want to believe half of the negative reviews on this page and wanted to give them a chance because everyone's experience is different. Well, they definitely lived up to the reviews on this page. It is rude and disrespectful to flake on your candidates. I will no longer pursue a position with this company again as they are very unprofessional.

Zazzle Response

Jul 2, 2015 – Sr Recruiter

I am proud to be with a company that supports family. I flew to San Diego later that day for a week to manage the crisis with Zazzle’s full support. Date:05/05/2015 2:49 PM (GMT-08:00) To... More