Zazzle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zazzle Interview Questions

Interviews at Zazzle

2.8

Software Engineer (Search) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zazzle.

Interview

Phone Interview: they explained the role, asked for my experience. My interviewer was very interested in the questions that I had for him/her, so I had to keep racking my brain for the next interesting thing to ask.

Interview Questions

• Find the longest increasing sub-sequence of numbers in an array   1 Answer

Confidential Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zazzle (Reno, NV) in February 2019.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then the recruiter ghosted. After 3 weeks of not hearing anything I finally got a auto rejection. Pretty rotten candidate experience. I wouldn't want to work there.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zazzle (Redwood City, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. Followed by a one hour phone interview with a senior software engineer. Discussed my previous work experience, I had an opportunity to ask questions about the role and the department. Invited to an onsite interview. Easy to medium difficulty coding challenge. Surprisingly hostile and demeaning attitude on the part of one of the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Two strings are given. Find the longest common substring between them. The substring characters need not be adjacent. They, however, must appear in same order in both input strings.   Answer Question

UI Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zazzle (Redwood City, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

It took about one hour on this interview. We made introductions to each other, talked about some projects, talked about programming skills. At last, one JS question. Pretty nice and helpful interviewer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zazzle.

Interview

I applied online and the next day received a telephone call similar to screening where I was told about the company and the position. I was forward a writing prompt which was a customer service scenario where I had to answer an angry customer's email. Then I was offered an in person interview which went well.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a time you received above and beyond customer service?   Answer Question
    • Was there a time when you received not so good customer service?   Answer Question

Email Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zazzle in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process took about 2 weeks. First round interview was with HR, then had a phone interview with the Hiring Manager and then they gave a work assignment.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about background, experience and some marketing questions from HR. In depth questions related to email marketing from Hiring Manager such as email best practices etc.   Answer Question

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zazzle (Redwood City, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was at school at the time so I interviewed over the phone/Skype. I first interviewed on the phone with HR (about 20 min), then had a series of Skype interviews where I talked to all three designers on the design team (about 1 hour total). It was pretty straightforward, not really any questions that would throw someone off.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to get out of bed every morning?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Zazzle (Stanford, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

First the recruiter went over my resume and asked me so background question. Then he gave me 3 technical questions to solve, which will be described in followings. After that, I asked him when I would get the results. He said one week. But 3 weeks have passed, and nothing comes back. I think I might fail.

Interview Questions

• 1. How to reverse a string. 2. Given to rectangle, judge whether they overlap. 3. Paint house.   Answer Question

Platform Business Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zazzle (Redwood City, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with multiple people that quickly threw questions but seemed to already have their mind made up about whether or not they were going to hire me.

Hiring manager came in and said that I wasn't normally a person they would consider and that I was only there because I was strongly recommended. Asked if I had any questions after that and wouldn't even make eye contact. Not sure how that's an interview, but completely was an eye opener that the impression you get of the company from outside is not an accurate portrayal of the inner workings and the personality of the people inside. It was very much like rush week at a fraternity/sorority and by the last interview you could see the theme.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing you believe to be true that nobody else knows is true?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zazzle in September 2015.

Interview

two phone interview, one is 1 hour, the second is 3-hour. They respond really fast after I ask one of their employee to refer me. But after the second interview, they asked me to wait for message and declined me. I thought I behaved OK in the interview because I heard the interviewer said something like awesome and great and thought my solution was satisfying. The result is not what I expected.