Zazzle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Software Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zazzle (Redwood City, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Zazzle was definitely one of the most challenging places I had interviewed at. Arriving at the location. I was surprised at how large the building was. I had previously expected only a small office space since I heard it was a budding startup. I agree with the other reviewer that the place was rather disorganized and the construction going on was quite distracting. However, I think that it is perfectly reasonable since they are undergoing an office renovation, and the employees have no control over it. I was assured that the building would look awesome by the summer. Everyone that I talked to at Zazzle was incredibly brilliant. I have been to 40+ software engineering interviews over the past 2 months, and this was by far the most challenging process I had to go through. I went through 5 interviewers back to back, each for around 45mins to 1hour. I was there for a total of 5hours 30mins.

All the questions they asked ranged from moderately challenging to very challenging. I think the nature and difficulty of questions they posted to me made me even more excited about joining the company. Many software engineers at the company are Stanford & MIT computer scientists, many with postgraduate degrees, and some even have phds.

They were all very friendly to me, and I loved the atmosphere there.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Zazzle in September 2014.

Interview

Submitted by university career center and it took 2 weeks until the interview took place.
    I had two engineers and they were awesome. Really generous attitude toward interviewee.
    First 10~15 minutes, behavioral questions and the rest of time, technical question.

It was about recursive function.

Interview Questions

• I encourage everyone who wants to pursue software engineer position to review data structure before technical interview.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zazzle in November 2014.

Interview

first round is 60 minutes product manager interview.
    After one week, it is 2 hour interview, using Skype: basically all technical questions.
    People here are very friendly and use camera to show me the working environment of Zazzle.

Current waiting for the result.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zazzle in December 2014.

Interview

I applied on my universities website. I was then contacted by someone in HR to set up a phone interview with a hiring manager. The Hiring Manager sent me a google doc link to code in (I'm not sure why they wouldn't send a professional link to an actual coding environment. Coding in a google doc isn't cool).

Interview Questions

• I was asked to print out a row in a tree. The entire phone call lasted around 15 minutes because I stumbled a little and apparently the interviewer was able to gauge my coding skills in that time. I guess that's good in a way so that I'm not wasting his time and he's not wasting mine.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Zazzle.

Interview

Applied through school career fair. Got a call afterwards to schedule a phone interview. The person interviewed me was absolutely not well trained and had no idea how to interview someone. After I finished typing my solutions to the coding questions, he didn't ask me if I have any questions to this position, rather he just said we would contact you and hung up the phone directly. I don't know anything about the company but this interview is definitely the worst interview experience I have ever had.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zazzle in September 2015.

Interview

two phone interview, one is 1 hour, the second is 3-hour. They respond really fast after I ask one of their employee to refer me. But after the second interview, they asked me to wait for message and declined me. I thought I behaved OK in the interview because I heard the interviewer said something like awesome and great and thought my solution was satisfying. The result is not what I expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Zazzle (Stanford, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

First the recruiter went over my resume and asked me so background question. Then he gave me 3 technical questions to solve, which will be described in followings. After that, I asked him when I would get the results. He said one week. But 3 weeks have passed, and nothing comes back. I think I might fail.

Interview Questions

• 1. How to reverse a string. 2. Given to rectangle, judge whether they overlap. 3. Paint house.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zazzle (Redwood City, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. Followed by a one hour phone interview with a senior software engineer. Discussed my previous work experience, I had an opportunity to ask questions about the role and the department. Invited to an onsite interview. Easy to medium difficulty coding challenge. Surprisingly hostile and demeaning attitude on the part of one of the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Two strings are given. Find the longest common substring between them. The substring characters need not be adjacent. They, however, must appear in same order in both input strings.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zazzle (Redwood City, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I met a recruiter for an on-campus interview and was asked a couple technical questions, one brain teaser and another very basic set of questions on trees. Then I was invited to an on-site interview that lasted several hours over several interviewers. One brain teaser was asked, but every other question involved implementing a class, and was centered around OO design.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Zazzle (Redwood City, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Zazzle's interview process is pretty standard. It starts with a phone screen, which should be straight forward if you are familiar with basic data structures and runtime/space complexity, with difficulty on par with easier CTCI problems. It follows with a (non-technical) phone interview to see which team you would mesh well with. Lastly, the onsite consists of a tour and 3ish interviews most likely with engineers from different teams. Again, you should be familiar with the basic data structures (Linked-Lists, Queues/Stacks, trees, hashsets, hashtables, heaps, lists etc.) as well as their common augmentations. Advanced data structures (bloom filters, red-black trees, B+-trees etc.) aren't expected to pass these questions, but I imagine if you could apply them beneficially then that would be a huge plus.